It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Culture Linked To Warrior Gene?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Gang culture may be due to 'warrior gene'

Boys who carry the gene are likely to be dangerous, violent and carry weapons, according to the research. Boys who carry the gene are likely to be dangerous, violent and carry weapons, according to the research.

The gene affects levels of the brain chemicals dopamine and serotonin - which affect behaviour and mood.

But the gene defect has no effect on girls, it emerged.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Reading]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Gang culture may be due to 'warrior gene'

Saw this in the newspaper today and found it interesting,Before reading this i put gang mentality down to social problems and the need for people to fit in somewhere.

But now that i think about it isnt it abit oxy-moronic to say that it is down to 'social' problems when the problem is young males getting into social groups and causing trouble?.

It makes sense for human's to form group's,Maybe it's how we have prospered for this long if you look at the current set up of the world

everything falls into group's, skin colour, political affiliations, class, diet , You even have emo's these days that desperatetly try and be different from any other group and still manage to fall into one!

It struck a chord with me because although i have never been part of an organised gang i have had a large group of freinds growing up (all males) and we used to get into a LOT of trouble for it, More so if there was more of us! Gang/Mob mentality?

The other thing is aggression, im not going to sit here and lie and say that having a scrap with another group didnt used to give me an adrenaline buzz like no drug, It still does to be honest with you im just older now and dont tend to look for fight's

Something about human's and aggression go hand in hand, We try to forget it in this 'civilised' world but it is still there, Bubbling under the surface just waiting to come out.

What do you guys think about the 'warrior' gene and what are your experiances with aggression and gangs? gang is a bad word lets say groups!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
probably bs, you know what these kids on the street say when you ask them where all the guns come from: they all say "the goverment".

news article earlier this year:"A builder who worked for justice minister Jack Straw has been jailed for five years after being caught with 61 machine guns hidden in a box of spaghetti. " coincidence?

[edit on 8-6-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Thats a big box of sphagetti!

Is that the guy who kept them all in a garden shed? His guns had been responsible for many shootings in london...

Of course they come from the goverment! In a country like america i could understand.

But guns here are completely outlawed so where do they come from?

top topics

join