It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Man Charged With Making Threats Against Police On Infowars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i learned about thisa in government class, i think they would call it clear and present danger or seditious speech or something like that wouldnt they? but i think again that he was just saying what he felt at that time without actually being serious with what he was saying but isolating two cops could make them feel threatened. but cops hold to much power anyways maybe we should take AWAY ALL WEAPONS FROM COPS

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

Sure,why dont ya yell fire in a movie theater and see what happens..Call in a bomb threat,threaten the president..Explain that..

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Pretty sure there's some law protecting any business/establishment from an attempt to bring turnmoil, which results in defame or financial harm. Much different is a bomb threat than saying one is going to kill another. I must refer you to read my post again about "How to Catch a Predator." This scenario is the exact same as Predator.

If you run into an airport and yell BOMB. Expect to get shot - too many lives on the line. This is far different from a personal 'attack' or an exhadurated claim because of anger.

If you kill a kid, expect to get life behind bars - if not the death penalty. Fist vs. abuse with a Taser is not self defense. Yes, it is abuse: Cops are trained to use them, if they didn't pay attention in class and cause a death they just get a slap on the hands? LOL

If you are angry, and say something a little extreme with no real conviction, and no evidence whatsoever of showing real conviction to your words... expect the first amendment not to apply to you?

Might as well just rewrite the constitution because only psychos get angry, correct?

If you don't like what I have to say, don't listen. If you are afraid of what I say, watch me. If I act upon my words, and my words are a blatent indication of my causing physical harm to a person or establishment, arrest me. Otherwise, say all you like and I won't listen if I figure you to be an 'idiot'.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

They forget that even though we have a right to free speech, threats of bodily harm are AGAINST THE LAW.... even on-line....

But to make a death threat on a particular police officer? How stupid and illegal can you be? And y'all expect him to be free to do so?

Wow.... buncha feces throwing monkeys in my opinion...

Your first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right if the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obviously any law passed abridging the freedom of speech is uncontitutional. Obviously, one cannot be held accountable for saying ANYTHING (hence the word FREE in front of speech). Obviously, one must act upon their stated intentions in order to be held accountable.

And then we have case law....

en.wikipedia.org...

Reading is Fundamental...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Honestly, i have not read all the pages, but here is what the man is charged with posting, once we read his words, we can make an informed decision on what is right or not.

"Maybe I should drive to Martinsville with my 9mm Glock and some Teflon coated armor-piercing Black Rhino hollow point rounds and do the world a favor by ridding the world of this piece of s--- pig," the message read.

Roanokenews

I feel for him and even agree with him.

"BUT"

You can't go around making death threats, especially to the cops (deserved or not).

I fear even if he said, "I hope those cops have what they did happen to them or their families", it would still be an issue.

HH, that is not true in the US.

Think not, try yelling fire in a crowded theater, seriously, it's very illegal.

I also believe they would quote something like threatening someone or encouraging others to hurt someone IS illegal.

weather he meant to or not, that IS what he did.

I am against the man being arrested, but that is the law.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

That's what I was saying... free speech has been slightly amended by case law regarding the fact that you can't falsely yell fire in a crowded theatre...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join