It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Threatens to Attack Iran 'The Way That We Did' Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Clinton Threatens to Attack Iran 'The Way That We Did' Iraq

news.antiwar.com

Citing the disastrous 2003 US invasion of Iraq as an example, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton today warned that by continuing to refuse to abandon its civilian nuclear program, Iran was risking the possibility of an invasion by the US or “some other enemy that would do that to them.”

The comments came during an interview on ABC’s “This Week” program, and when asked by interviewer and former Clinton-era official George Stephanopoulus, Secretary Clinton reiterated “that’s right, as a first...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This was only expected... First Obama compares Iran to NK - telling obvious lies about Nuke program in D-Day memorial speech - after visiting Holocaust Tm - camp, then hawkish Clinton takes talks step further...

There will be no talks - just wars - by these Illuminati puppets and liars.

Get ready for war.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Agreed...This is probably "the big test" that Biden and Powell referred to.....The full extent of the NK nuclear program, as well as the progress of both their weaponization and ballistic missile programs was probably revealed during the January security briefings. (you remember, the point in time that Obama suddenly appeared to age 5-10 years)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I don't get it. Obama was dovish about Iran having nukes earlier this week then Clinton comes out with this?
Did Israel say or do sometthing to the Obama Admin. to get them to go hawkish?

Just askin'. . . .

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't know why I even read articles like this. it just pisses me off. If you took an overwhelming population of Iran and asked them if they wanted to have a war with someone, they would say no. Nobody in their right mind wants a war. If you did the same with Americans you would get the same result. Just don't ask the government. Their answer would be a bit different. (either side)

I am reminded of the lyrics for BYOB a System of a Down song.
"why don't generals fight the war, why do they always send the poor?"

(warning, if you are a geezer, the music might frighten you
)

The bonehead Kim in NK keeps poking the proverbial badger with a sharp stick to find out how bad a badger can bite, and his people could care less about a war with anyone. Yet the poking continues.

We get all the idiots with face time on the TV puffing out their chest and claiming superiority and for what? So you look cool to the other guys? Whatever. Wake me when the smoke clears.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by network dude]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Major is always amused when the gullible get sucked in by some self serving sycophant. The Major is also amazed when the masses fail to do their due diligence regarding a particular story.

Here is the transcript from the interview in question:

CLINTON: I think it is U.S. policy to the extent that we have alliances and understandings with a number of nations. They may not be formal, as it is with NATO, but I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind that, were Israel to suffer a nuclear attack by Iran, there would be retaliation.

STEPHANOPOULOS: By the United States?

CLINTON: Well, I think there would be retaliation. And I think part of what is clear is, we want to avoid a -- a Middle East arms race which leads to nuclear weapons being in the possession of other countries in the Middle East, and we want to make clear that there are consequences and costs.
Now, let me just put it this way: If Iran is seeking security, if they believe -- and, you know, you have to put yourself into the shoes of the other party when you negotiate -- if they believe that the United States might attack them the way that we did attack Iraq, for example...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Before they attack, as a first strike?

CLINTON: That's right, as a first strike, or they might have some other enemy that would do that to them, part of what we have to make clear to the Iranians is that their pursuit of nuclear weapons will actually trigger greater insecurity, because, right now, many of the nations in the neighborhood, as you know very well...

This Week

Emphasis the Major.

Recruits, please notice the piano legged Secretary of State is speaking in the hypothetical from the Iranian point of view. The source for this "news article" has clearly taken the quote out of context and has twisted it to fit their own agenda.

It is a fraud, and a hoax.

The Major will now be off to volunteer for some dangerous mission that offers no hope for survival as the greasy feeling of defending Hillary Clinton cannot be cleansed otherwise.

Dismissed.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'd be surprised if they do this, no one will back them up except Israel and that is not certain either. BAD idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

I found myself standing up for truth on a thread about Obama the other day. I felt just as dirty. I should have checked the source and read the whole article, but my rant would not change. It just would have been in a different thread.

//salutes major//

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

There will be no talks - just wars - by these Illuminati puppets and liars.

Get ready for war.

Yeah, unfortunately that's the case. It's all made up, and there's nothing you can do to stop these folks.

Unfortunately, there's alot of folks in America that are in the same mindset as these "puppets" for some reason.

Oh, well. When Iran starts up their nuclear plant at the end of August, that should spice things up.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
WTF is it with clinton, our governemnt and ISrael? MOnths ago, Israle invaded GAZA, damn near destroying them, and its in the USA's plicy interestst to help prtect them? Our governemnt already knew they were working oon nuclear and atomic capabilitys! Are they on some serious drugs or soemthing? Here's my scenario...a city in the continental US ha anuke go off...or some kinda terrorist plot, Iran take an Immediate wrap with no ivestigation...were at a declaration of war. Damn, congres dosnt even dclare war these days do they? Seems they do what adlof hitler and communist Russia did..invade without reason or contempt. Its jsut another excuse why JFK was assinated..the military indusrial complex was and IS in motion, at taxpayers and fresh meat and body parts expense.

Its been said, as long as we remain in a constant state of war, its a money maker for our government..i guess its becoming more belivable these days.

new topics

top topics

join