It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville Scottish Rite of Free Masonry???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i've heard of mason's and thought a mason is a mason is a mason....apparently not. i saw a building in downtown louisville (kentucky) that said in big letters "louisville Scottish Rite of Free Masonry".

is this an off shoot of the free masons???

i never saw this before until the other night, maybe because it was lit up.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Beyond the Blue Lodge there are two basic streams, the York Rite and the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, and numerous side orders. You want fries with that?

Nice to know that in some vicinities they have gererated enough capital to own their own real estate!

Actually I get the feeling that while basic Masonic topics have been covered dozens of times they can still pass inspection, while current topical stuff on the 9/11 cover-up has been getting shunted off invisibly. Is there a thread on the Bush-Cheney performance before the 9/11 enquiry? I haven't got used to new searches yet.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Nice to know that in some vicinities they have gererated enough capital to own their own real estate!

In the U.S., the majority of Scottish Rite Bodies own their own Temples, which are often very elaborate. The official Scottish Rite charity in America is the treatment of preschoolers with speech and learning disabilities, and many Temples have Scottish Rite Childrens Communications Clinics built adjacent to them.
The House of the Temple in Washington, D.C., the headquarters of the Supreme Council 33�, S.J., USA, is often considered the most beautiful Masonic building in the world. Please take the online tour here:

www.srmason-sj.org...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I live in an area of metro Detroit where there are a lot of small suburbs.
In many cases, it seems each city has it's own Masonic building. Why would that be? Why would a city 10-20 miles from the Detroit Masonic facility need its own building??

Also, I never knew tha Masons got involved in so many "secular" activities. I've been to rock concerts here:
www.themasonic.com...
detroitmta.lodges.gl-mi.org...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I live in an area of metro Detroit where there are a lot of small suburbs.
In many cases, it seems each city has it's own Masonic building. Why would that be? Why would a city 10-20 miles from the Detroit Masonic facility need its own building??

Most every town and city in the U.S. has a Masonic Lodge; larger cities usually have several. The city in which I live has 16 Lodges. Large metropolitan areas such NYC and LA have over 40.
My Lodge is located within 5 miles of two others. If a Lodge�s membership grows so large that it is difficult to function, it is usually for some of the members to form a new Lodge, which will usually either purchase or build a new Lodge building.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

top topics

join