It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Weighs Intercepting North Korean Shipments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

U.S. Weighs Intercepting North Korean Shipments

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration signaled Sunday that it was seeking a way to interdict, possibly with China’s help, North Korean sea and air shipments suspected of carrying weapons or nuclear technology.

The reference to interdictions — preferably at ports or airfields in countries like China, but possibly involving riskier confrontations on the high seas

North Korea has repeatedly said it would regard any interdiction as an act of war
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ummm Obama is NOT the UN!
Who are they to intercept shipments?
This will be an act of war!

More war?
Really?

Mrs. Clinton said the United States feared that if the test and other recent actions by North Korea did not lead to “strong action,” there was a risk of “an arms race in Northeast Asia”

So far it is not clear how far the Chinese are willing to go to aid the United States in stopping North Korea’s profitable trade in arms, the isolated country’s most profitable export.

Mrs. Clinton seemed to reflect this concern in the interview on Sunday. “We will do everything we can to both interdict it and prevent it and shut off their flow of money,” she said. “If we do not take significant and effective action against the North Koreans now, we’ll spark an arms race in Northeast Asia. I don’t think anybody wants to see that.”

Ummm, Isn't America the biggest arms dealer on the planet and China second?

So the two biggest arms dealers of the world are trying to stop an arms race?

HAHAHA

WOW!

What a Joke!

That's almost as funny as the UN Security council having the top 5 arms dealers of the world as member in charge of peace.

What a lovely life we live in!

So what is this about?
If you don't buy your arms from us you can't have any?
Or they U.S. and China will only serve as delimiters for new competition?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow that's just fresh.

I can hardly begin to comprehend why the US has been so... so... stick up the butt about this whole situation.

Are they worried that NK will actually use one of their nukes on another country?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can not believe the complete ignorance of some people.

What kind of idiot thinks it's ok and good to ship nuclear materials so terrorist countries and groups can have nuclear weapons.

Fortunately, most people are not so foolish and agree that it is critical to keep nuclear weapons/materials from such groups/countries.
(obviously, this includes Russia)

Clearly, ALL nuclear material/technology that N.K. tries to send out needs to be intercepted and distroyed.

If little kimmy does not like it, let him do something about it.

Note: there is an extreme difference between "conventional" weapons and nuclear.

[edit on 6/8/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

What kind of idiot thinks it's ok and good to ship nuclear materials so terrorist countries and groups can have nuclear weapons

The USA does it all the time to the terrorist country called Israel.

Fortunately, most people are not so foolish and agree that it is critical to keep nuclear weapons/materials from such groups/countries.

gladly other countries ARE trying to stop the USA and Israel with there weapons proliferation - since the USA are the planets biggest weapons salesmen.

Clearly, ALL nuclear material/technology that N.K. tries to send out needs to be intercepted and distroyed.

its obvious someone has to stop the USA from conquering the planet - equality MUST be amde , to stop countries like israel expanding there borders back to `bilical` claims.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
What kind of idiot thinks it's ok and good to ship nuclear materials so terrorist countries and groups can have nuclear weapons.

The U.S. is Not the UN
Who are they to intercept shipments?

Why don't you comment that someone should have intercepted the white phosphorus that the U.S. sent to Israel.

Or is peace not your intention, but just to stand behind your govt.?

Unfortunately there's people like you who think that the chosen country who should stop certain countries to have nuclear weapons is the same chosen country that subsized many foreign nuclear projects, like that of Pakistan.

Clearly one should practice what they preach.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

What kind of idiot thinks it's ok and good to ship nuclear materials so terrorist countries and groups can have nuclear weapons

The USA does it all the time to the terrorist country called Israel.

gladly other countries ARE trying to stop the USA and Israel with there weapons proliferation - since the USA are the planets biggest weapons salesmen.

its obvious someone has to stop the USA from conquering the planet - equality MUST be amde , to stop countries like israel expanding there borders back to `bilical` claims.

Oh HQ, you have been caught in lies...again.

You have no proof that the US sent nuclear materials to Israel.
(it is just more of your insane hate of Israel and the US)
no link, no quote, just your word, which is HIGHLY questionable.
ok, lie one down, next...

Lie number two, show any proof that the US is the worlds biggest nuclear arms dealer.

(come on, try a little harder with your lies)

Now you jump subject back to your insane hate of Israel, even though this post is
"US weighs intercepting N.K. shipments"...no where in the post does it refer to Israel, only YOU are trying to change the post to match YOUR agenda.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
N.K has been shipping standard arms all over the world for year's. And no one has stopped them.

That is not the issues. When they start shipping nuclear weapons they will sell and ship to anyone that will buy.
Also it is just a matter of time before we see N.K holding S.K hostage ,or trying to hold them hostage over anything they think they can get away with.

If there is one country on this planet that should be stopped it is North Korea .

You want to see S.E Asia turning into a armed camp then just set back and do nothing. Japan will not stand for this anymore than China will. Because North Korea has proven over and over that they do not care about anyone other than there great leader! And what he wants to do.

They let Millions of there people starve to death even when the world had food to help with. And they will not even blink when it comes to the death of millions out side of there borders.

This attitude of we need to just let them do what they want was tried once before, the result was World War II.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

U.S. shipped 989 munitions containers to Israel week before Gaza invasion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

including White Phosphorus

Lie number two, show any proof that the US is the worlds biggest nuclear arms dealer

www.globalissues.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
Also it is just a matter of time before we see N.K holding S.K hostage ,or trying to hold them hostage over anything they think they can get away with.

There are U.S. troops between SK and NK.

NK will not do anything to SK

Remember, this hysteria around NK at the moment is way overboard
and you speak of SK when SK hasn't even moved an eyebrow during this entire hysteria.

So you should not be worried for SK more than SK is worried for themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

1)MA, incase your not clear on this, the arms sent to ISrael were "NOT" nuclear.

2)Your attempts at changing the topic are sad at best. This thread is about US weighs intercepting N.K. shipments-please leave your insane hate of Israel at home or at least in a thread about Israel.

(BTW, your link does not say nuclear materials or arms were sent to Israel
.)

3) I said nuclear arms, in case you are unaware, there is a MAJOR difference between conventional arms and nuclear materials/bombs.
(seriously dude, clue in)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Top 10 military spenders 2008 (US$, billions)

1. United States — 607

2. China — 84.9

3. France — 65.7

4. United Kingdom — 65.3

5. Russia — 58.6

6. Germany — 46.8

7. Japan — 46.3

8. Italy — 40.6

9. Saudi Arabia — 38.2

10. India — 30.0

Top 10 arms producers 2007, according to sales (US$, billions)

1. Boeing (US)_ 30.5

2. BAE Systems (UK) — 29.9

3. Lockheed Martin (US) — 29.4

4. Northrop Grumman (US) — 24.6

5. General Dynamics (US) — 21.5

6. Raytheon (US) — 19.5

7. EADS (West Europe) — 13.1

8. L-3 Communications (US) — 11.2

9. Finmeccanica (Italy) — 9.9

10. Thales (France) — 9.4

Source: www.google.com...

This is truly hypocrtical for the top arms dealers and the two top arms buyers to intercept shipments because of a scare of an arms race.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You DO know the interceptions are only for nuclear materials, right???

Again......

There is a HUGE difference between convention and nuclear weapons, that is not a difficult concept for most people to understand.

When you move to nuclear materials/equipment/bombs, it crosses that "imaginary" line.

Clearly, it is one thing to sell guns/ammo and a VERY different thing with nuclear arms!!

[edit on 6/8/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ok fine, so should I change my sentence to it's hypocritical for the country that subsidizes the most foreign nuclear projects to stop shipments of nuclear weapons?

Will that make you happy?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
For what it's worth hear is what I think. Japan and China are watching NK like hawks, if something happens, shouldn't we let THEM handle it? I think they are capable of it, we should just back off instead of trying to flex our big guns at everyone. Didn't the U.S. admit to having the most nukes of any country? I thought I saw that somewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ok fine, so should I change my sentence to it's hypocritical for the country that subsidizes the most foreign nuclear projects to stop shipments of nuclear weapons?

Will that make you happy?

It will if you have legit links to that.

Also, please don't try using Presstv.ir or al-jihad as sources-they are children's comic's at best.

That said, impress me, show me valid links to what you "CLAIM" as I am calling you out on this... prove it or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

i have a serious hatred towards the terrorist zionist regime in israel which stamps out anyone one not toeing the party line - also crushes anyone not from the same caste as the zionists - want to be a Sephardic Jew in israel? be prepared to be insulted and attacked daily

oh wait - you knew all of this allready didn`t you

and i laugh - you state `my` word is HIGHLY questionable when all you put are blatant lies - lies which have caught you out frequently in the past , and your adgenda exposed for the world to see.

Lie number two, show any proof that the US is the worlds biggest nuclear arms dealer.

Now you jump subject back to your insane hate of Israel, even though this post is
"US weighs intercepting N.K. shipments"...no where in the post does it refer to Israel, only YOU are trying to change the post to match YOUR agenda.

make ANY proof that NK has shiopped anything nuclear anywhere

oh wait

YOU CANT

thats right , as there IS NO proof , anywhere - just the word of the `all mighty` USA.

dual use equipment - what a load of bollcks , a light bulb is `dual use` .

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

i have a serious hatred towards the terrorist zionist regime in israel which stamps out anyone one not toeing the party line - also crushes anyone not from the same caste as the zionists - want to be a Sephardic Jew in israel? be prepared to be insulted and attacked daily

oh wait - you knew all of this allready didn`t you

and i laugh - you state `my` word is HIGHLY questionable when all you put are blatant lies - lies which have caught you out frequently in the past , and your adgenda exposed for the world to see.

make ANY proof that NK has shiopped anything nuclear anywhere

oh wait

YOU CANT

thats right , as there IS NO proof , anywhere - just the word of the `all mighty` USA.

dual use equipment - what a load of bollcks , a light bulb is `dual use` .

I don't lie.

You have never caught in a lie, as I don't lie.
I would, however, be happy to show all opf your posts that were lies as wellas those removed for tac viloations.

I notice all you have done was make personal attacks on me.

You offer "NO" proof of what you say, so it is clearly a unproven lie.

When you have an ligitimate links to what you claim, i will be happy to read them.

Until then, you post nothing but lies or at best, unproven opinion.
(you are welcome to your opinion, you just need to put in your posts what you can prove and what is mearly your opinion-ya know, the stuff without any facts/links/proof.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So MA here is what gives us and the rest of the UN member states the authority to inspect NK vessels and aircraft.UN Sec Council Resolution on NK proliferation
scroll down to res 1718 2006. Gives us and all other member states the ability and authority to prevent the sale and shipment of both conventional AND nuclear arms out of NK.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Nice, Star for you and I would give you a flag if i could.

So the UN "CAN" intercept any arms shipments coming from N.K.

That said, I personally think they care only concerned about nuclear materials/tech/bombs.

I honestly think most people/countries could care less about them exporting conventional weapons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join