It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shown at training meeting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Video shown at training meeting!

www.youtube.com

MySpace Friend Me! www.myspace.com... www.storyofstuff.com... Story of Stuff, Full Version; How Things Work, About Stuff From its extraction through sale, use and disposal,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I know many of you may have seen this video before, but I found the fact that it was shown during a training meeting at work most interesting!! I work for a very large global company, h'mm they share their name with our closest planetary neighbour!! Surely the video is discouraging globalisation, and the consumer society, whilst encouraging conserving resources, frugality etc. Interesting image of govts polishing the shoes of the global companies!!

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fasrind

S and F, just for sharing the video! I have seen it before, and I shared it with everyone I knew at the time. That is very educating information, I think it should be shown to the population like an infomercial!

The fact that any large corporation would share it with their workers is puzzling?! They are the very ones benefitting from this "consumer" lifestyle.

Did they put the video in any type of context? What was their purpose?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Reminds me of this movie.

"OBEY", "CONFORM", "MARRY AND REPRODUCE", "CONSUME", "WATCH TELEVISION" and "SLEEP".

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have to admit I was at a loss as to why it was shown, apparently it was shown at a regional management level too?? You can't watch it without seeing TPTB's influence on our society!! And to be honest what we manufacture isn't a neccessity by any means! Although we were told that materials etc, are going to be sourced from more environmentally friendly sources. Still baffled as to why a company this large felt the need to show it, intriguing??

top topics

join