It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 17th Century Contactee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Awesome find!

Only one thing that stands out in my mind: The drawing at the top of your post.

I searched This Thread up and down but I couldn't find the name of the man or the incident, but it involved him, a police officer(If I remember correctly) chasing a speeder only to come upon a "balloon type craft with legs" with "small versions of people" standing around outside it. He hid behind his car, as the craft rocketed itself(with flames much like a hot air balloon) into the horizon.

Well, If anyone can remember the name of the case please let me know!! But, as I said, This picture looks EXACTLY like what he described seeing...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for the informative contributions and your lucid commentary.

The reason I look often look into the remote past for stuff like this is because I know it is uninfluenced by re-runs of the x-files or bestselling UFO-books. It would seem that Swedenborg was somewhat of an ET-Channeler and that may be where he got his ideas. Of course it would be painful to the human-ego if we found out that our progress was kick-started not by us, but by aliens, so we could just say that Swedenborg was a very talented translator of info-packs from a higher-plane.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone said this or not but i think ezekiel was the first contactee. Even as a child whenever i read ezekiel i thought it sounded like a alien abduction. Maybe it was a dream he had or a acid trip lol. Anyways its too bad he didnt have any drawings. Aliens have more than likely been studying us for much longer than the 17th century but this was really neat to find out. I had also never heard fo this guy but the drawing is awesome.
Nice work

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well said!

I love his statement on skeptics, imagination, and the unknown.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It usually takes some people centuries to catch up to what people like this gentleman have seen and understood as truth and even longer to acknowledge a mistake.

Look how long it took for the Catholic church to officially "forgive" Galileo for being right all along.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This guy has a cult centered around him..he's just a charismatic personality that has ZERO answers to life's questions..yet another BS'er followed by masses of sheep.....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
I'm curious... If he is considered a contactee, then what about Pythagoras - who also stated there was life on other planets? Or maybe I am mistaken, and that is a myth...

He was way before the 17th century, though.

And, just for the hardcore conspiracy theorists... couldn't Jesus be considered a contactee?

Could be dead wrong - just wanted to add speculation.

Don't shoot the messenger haha.

Jesus Himself was actually suppose to be a half Extraterrestrial/Human hybrid.... There is suppose to another coming up to rule the earth fully then a full Extraterrestrial called the Devil is suppose to overpower His body, and take over from there becoming a full king/ruler of the earth with His mark of the kingdom...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
This guy has a cult centered around him..he's just a charismatic personality that has ZERO answers to life's questions..yet another BS'er followed by masses of sheep.....

This statement as nothing to do with the OP and refutes none of the points made.

Its not his fault that people build a cult around him.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
you can find a selection of Swedenborg's books on Project Gutenberg

www.gutenberg.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great find OP.Iv'e never heard of this man before but he's facinating.There cant be too many early contactee reports still around.Wow!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Gazrok

While I doubt his account is true, he does make the claim (doesn't purport the book to be fiction), so that puts him in the contactee category from a historical standpoint.

And not only that but he also makes a sketch of a flying saucer to go along with it.

I think normally Adamski is considered the first contactee...

Speaking of historical contactee cases. I find St. Anthony's account in 30 A.D. fairly telling,

..., perhaps it's appropriate to begin with a quotation from the life of St. Anthony, the Egyptian-born founder of Christian monasticism who lived about 30 A.D. In the desert, St. Anthony met with a strange being of small stature, who fled after a brief conversation with him:

Before long in a small rocky valley shut in on all sides he sees a manikin with hooded snout, horned forehead, and extremities like goat's feet. When he saw this, Anthony like a good soldier seized the shield of faith and the helmet of hope: the creature none the less began to offer him the fruit of the palm tree to support him on his journey and as it were pledges of peace. Anthony perceiving this stopped and asked who he was. The answer he received from him was this:

"I am a mortal being and one of the inhabitants of the Desert whom the Gentiles deluded by various forms of error worship under the names of Fauns, Satyrs and Incubi. I am sent to represent my tribe. We pray you in our behalf to entreat the favour of your Lord and ours, who, we have learnt, came once to save the world, and 'whose sound has gone forth into all the earth.'"

As he uttered such words as these, the aged traveler's cheeks streamed with tears, the marks of his deep feeling, which he shed in the fullness of his joy. He rejoiced over the Glory of Christ and the destruction of Satan, and marveling all the while that he could understand the Satyr's language, and striking the ground with his staff, he said,

"Woe to thee, Alexandria!" he exclaimed, "Beasts speak of Christ, and you instead of God worship monsters."

He had not finished speaking when, as if on wings, the wild creature fled away.

Let no one scruple to believe this incident; its truth is supported by what took place when Constantine was on the throne, a matter of which the whole world was witness. For a man of that kind was brought alive to Alexandria and shown as a wonderful sight to the people. Afterwards his lifeless body, to prevent its decay through the summer heat, was preserved in salt and brought to Antioch that the Emperor might see.

(Source: Dimensions, A Casebook of Alien Contact; Jacques Vallee; Ballantine Books; 1988; ISBN 0-345-36002-8; pp. 13 - 14)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Why does that sketch of the craft look like something from the 17th century? I'd be much more impressed if he drew a shiny metallic disk instead. Now we get somethng that looks like a machine build from wood & fiber. Something that probably comes from this guy's own imagination.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
throughout history initiates from many disciplines through altered states and/ or not altered states are deemed to have been inpsired to greatness by contacting other planes...

the civilization at the time will therefore influence greatly the context in which the contact or contactee is/ could be made.. and also revealed.

the important thing here is how history is recorded.. In times past in line with druidic ethos..stories were memorised ..not written. Also many people would have been burned as witches and or heretics... ;]

atlantium.blogspot.com...

"One of the most well know stories from the Hebrew Bible is that of Ezekiel. More than 2500 years ago Ezekiel stood on the desert floor near the river Chebar where he describes being visited by a massive flying machine. Among other things he denotes how the flying machine moved, how its parts worked and how it sounded. NASA engineers stripped back all the layers of poetry and created an artist rendering of how Ezekiel's Wheel may have really appeared and the results are astounding. Ezekiel was by no means the only Bible figure to describe strange aberrations in the sky. There are countless drawings, figurines and written descriptions of exotic flying objects that have been observed from the most distant past. If you look at the evidence on the surface alone it leaves one with the impression that "Space Travel " was common place in the ancient past. "

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by errorist
Why does that sketch of the craft look like something from the 17th century? I'd be much more impressed if he drew a shiny metallic disk instead. Now we get somethng that looks like a machine build from wood & fiber. Something that probably comes from this guy's own imagination.

A 17th century mind "translates" incoming information differently.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Irregardless of the other stuff surrounding the guy, I think he "channelled" info on what a flying disc looks like and filtered it to match his 17th-century-understanding.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun

And who, in your view has the answers?

Apart from that, I dont follow the guys theology. I couldnt even tell you what it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by errorist

That's another example of UFOs and the strange way they conform to the expectations and anticipations of the observers. From the "airships" of the 1880's to the black floating triangles of the present. UFO shapes and the aliens inside have a tendency to evolve over time. Jacques Vallee suggests that it's because they represent something other than purely nuts-and-bolts spaceships from other planets, but rather a manifestation of the way human consciousness interacts with reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

According to Swedenborg, the life on some of these planets does not exist on the same "dimensional plane" as our earths...and may therefore remain invisible to the physical eyes.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

I have always thought this, but at the same time it sounded so impossible it was crazy.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Lookingup,

At that time he may have seen hot air balloons big enough for people to ride in.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join