It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilians Maori Perspective

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have a love for my country and I love the maori people but really in retrospect the Maori culture is all just witchcraft.

Jesus Christ is Lord.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

OK, this is bad.

The Grandmother said the taniwhai is confused, because where are the dead bodies?

I hope I have a reply from a Maori, because it does not matter what we believe, we believe in what we feel, and if that taniwhai is confused, that is not a good thing.

And I feel that it is a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

StopComplaining
It is good that you love the country and the people of New Zealand, but for you to down right call my people and our beliefs ''witchcraft'' is a bit extreme. Just because a certain race of people have a different religious view of life to you or the majority of people on Earth, doesn't make them witches.

Spellbound
No need to worry, as the story goes, if a Taniwha is unable to do its task of helping dead bodies/spirits pass to the afterworld, it will often journey back to its cave or resting place and lay dormant until it feels the need to wake up again.
Taniwha are said to be the protectors of the Maori people, every Maori tribe has its own Taniwha. I have been told many times while staying at my Marae (meeting house) that when our ancestors made the large voyage from Hawaiki (our home land, thought by some to be Atlantis, but many scientists think that Hawaiki is infact the real island of Hawaii) they were accompained by many Taniwha's who would protect the large fleet of ships from any large waves or other sea monsters.

When the Maori settled in New Zealand, different tribes migrated to different areas, the tribes Taniwha would seek a suitable place of accomidation, such as a lake or cave, and watch over its tribe. Maori people would often have to bring offerings or gifts to their Taniwha in order to keep it pleased, such gifts included food or precious stones found. Failure to do so would result in the Taniwha killing or kidnapping one of the tribe members or it would simply abandon the tribe, leaving it vulnerable to an enemy tribe and its Taniwha.

There is a place called the Green Lake or Lake Rotokakahi in Rotorua, which is the town I come from. The Green is considered Tapu (sacred), making it off bounds to anyone that does not come from the tribe that owns the lake. The reason for this Tapu is that their is supposedly meant to be a Taniwha who lives in the lake, so you'll often see that most Maori people who are fimiliar with this lake will keep their distance, including me. There is a small island which is located somewhat in the middle of the lake, it has been the burial site for the tribes Maori chiefs for many centuries, the Taniwha is said to have been tasked with watching over the burial site and making sure no one disrupts it. During the burial of the tribes old Maori chief a few years back, some people claimed to have seen the Rotokakahi Taniwha watching the burial from afar.

So as you can see, Maori people have a strong belief that Taniwha's do exist, I am definetly one of those believers. Im not sure weither there is a Taniwha in the Rotokakahi Lake, but I don't plan on jumping in and finding out for myself.

Oh yeh one more thing, for the person who said that the Maori might be the master race, im not sure if this is true...
I wouldn't consider the killing and cannibalizing of an entire race of human (The Mori Ori) as an attribute of a master race. But who knows, maybe we are I dont know.

Jordan The Maori

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

Thank you, Jordan,

S & F.

I am familiar with the blue and green lakes.

When I read your post about that, a huge shiver went through me - meaning that it is probably true. Creepy, but nice in a way.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Personally after I die the last thing I would want to see would be a taniwha, and in terms of protection I think I will simply stick with Prayer and the Holy Spirit.

I am sure the Taniwha does exist but I am guessing you beleive it to be a spirit being correct.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

P.S. there are many testimonies of unwitting "Pakeha" experiencing abject horror, going insane and such in Tapu areas. The book "where no birds sing" (another atribute of tapu areas) chronicles many such incidences.

I do think that God preserves a remnant of people who know the true God and worship him in all times and places, but ALL cultures are infact based on fables and nonsense, including my own.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I miss buying the 5c lollies

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Kia Ora! put perfectly. Ive always been warned about the Green lake, same as Mt Nongataha and Tawawera.
edit on 9/13/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Ive had a dream about a massive Eel in lake Taupo, it was HUGE like over 100ft and there were heaps of normal sized eels around it.

There is a legend about protector Taniwha that if your out on a boat and you fall it; if you respect the river or lake by not throwing your garbage or anything disrespectful like that. The Taniwha will save you by carrying you to sure on its back.

Not sure if its true but i believe it could be. Heard it from a Kaumatua when he was telling stories to kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join