It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilians Maori Perspective

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Being a European from New Zealand I perhaps have a unique view of the Reptilian topic.

I read in a book about Maori prophets that when the europeans first came to New Zealand there was a women who started a "cult" around excorcising "Lizards" out of people. She taught that when the Europeans came to New Zealand they brought "Lizards" with them that where inhabiting peoples bodies. The book I read seemed to dismiss the whole unusual episode, but it does seem in line with all the other reptilian related anecdotal evidence currently coming to light.

We are a fairly modern society in New Zealand but Maori traditions relating to the Taniwha etc. still effect policy. An entire Highway was diverted to prevent desturbing the Giant Dragon Lizard Reptilian water dwelling creature which is believed to inhabit the Waikato river.

I personally received an account from a maori man who was motorcycling along the old highway (Since diverted) and said he felt something trying to pull him of the road. When he mentioned it to his Grandmother she told him that the Taniwha was confused. She told him that the Taniwha is supposed to carry away the dead along that river and because the Highway runs along side it the Taniwha cannot distinguish between people who are alive and dead.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very interesting. Although the 'Reptilian' theory is dismissed by the majority, it's interesting that there's so many references to it in ancient cultures. That lends some credence to the theory in my opinion.

Are there any other reptilian stories from New Zealand that you've came across?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm sure their are plenty that I have not come across. There is stories of Giant eels somewhat like Sirens which lurk in caves and lure people in to their ultimate demise. (These story and others beside are taken seriously by Maori, and who am I to say they are wrong)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I have not come across any reptilian anecdotes in the modern sense in New Zealand. Unless the Taniwha is counted. (Evil) Fairys and many more besides are part of Maori folk Lore.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I believe in Reptilians, Scneobelen seems to explain things best in "NEPHILIM - The Sons of God and the Antichrist by Bill Schnoebelen". on youtube video google etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Actually the maori perspective fits with Shneobelens acounts of fallen angel. The Maori talked about the same thing ,they would come down and have offspring with women and their offspring would be pale (Maori are brown). So when ever they saw a pale person it was assumed they where the offspring of one of these supernatural (wicked) creatures who are in fact acredited with giving the Maori tachnologies such as fishing and Carving.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'm going to get even more speculative here, seeing as this is the place to do such a thing and put a few more dots together. I remember downloading 2 Audio Books "Mein Kamph" and "The Life Of Buddah". (audiobooksforfree.com)

After I got sick of hearing about to the "arians" killing ungodly black people in Africa etc. I decided to listen to Mein Kamph instead (Seriously).

I would assert that perhaps the Arians purported to have settled in Buddah's home town before his birth where perhaps fallen angles, who tried to create a false Messiah that would emulate the real Messiah.

Further down the track Hitler and the NAZI's would become obssesed with the arian race and try to make the Uberman with his final solution, which segways to the Transhumanist and Posthumanist movements of today in which the Dhala Lama (Buddist) says he would like to reincarnate as somekind of technologically advanced computer being.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
another interesting connection to the Nazis is the Vril society, which was the inner circle of the Thule society which founded the Nazi party.. Edward Bulwer-Lytton's book "Vril: The Power of the Coming Race", which basically tells the story of a subterranean race of frog like people who call themselves Vril-ya who are the descendants of an ancient civilization.. the "Vril" is some sort of source of energy force they were able to master through training of their minds. They have the ability to heal, change, and destroy people and objects.. this was the technology the Nazis were hoping to use to power their UFO.... be warned, the vril-ya are running out of spaces underground and will start claiming the surface of the earth, destroying mankind in the process, if necessary!

LINK:
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Reptiles aren't always the literal reptiles in legends, literature, and mythology.

They are also used to describe 'plasmic' or ectoplasmic entities, which can resemble a whispy cloud, that also looks like a long spiny lizard. The life force has also been associated with lizards and dragons, doesn't imply it's evil or they are reptilian entities.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The Polynessians have had the most accurate view of religion in the world and a great mastery of it. My friend always argued that the Moaris were the actual master race.

I didnt know what Big Kahuna actually meant until very recently ( keeper of the biggest secret ). The biggest secret being that our reality is holographic in nature and as an illusion. They have had the Matrix theory for thousands of years.

They were very advanced for their time and were said to be refugees from Atlantis. Anyone putting a bit of research into this can learn how advanced they were and how harmonously they live with nature to this day.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Exactly why I'm seriously considering migrating to New Zealand, although I know it's difficult!

A big factor in my decision is getting in touch with 'untouched nature' and the very peaceful environment. I'm on a quest for truth and I feel that I might find what I'm looking for there! Though not physically, even metaphorically
Who knows the truth is just right beside us!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yeah, I feel the answer is inside us also, but certain circumstances and areas make it easier for us to see this (especially when nature is king). Have you been watching South Pacific on the BBC? Its really made me want to head out that way for a bit.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
Yeah, I feel the answer is inside us also, but certain circumstances and areas make it easier for us to see this (especially when nature is king).

Ahh yes, that's true. We're like water, when we have so many things to worry about, we are like wavy water, we can't see what's beneath. But when we are at peace, we are like still waters, then we can see things clearly.

Oh true, it's hard to find peace in a not so peaceful place! I keep trying until I finally make it to New Zealand. I already have an uncle there who recently migrated there we are in constant communication so I hear a lot of good things about NZ!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Beautiful way to put it Ahnggk.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012DragonSlayer

It say in the bible that in the end times three unclean spirits like frogs will come upon the earth (paraphrased).

Very interesting contribution 2012DragonSlayer this post is taking all sorts of bizarre twists.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

My friend always argued that the Moaris were the actual master race.

Lol, I always thought the Master race was Half Maori Half Chinesse. Like the Runga Family here in NZ. Here is are pictures of Bic and Boh, both very beautiful and talented.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

They were very advanced for their time and were said to be refugees from Atlantis. Anyone putting a bit of research into this can learn how advanced they were and how harmonously they live with nature to this day.

I have known Maori people through out my life, they are in fact humans, and are not above human nature. They where fighting each other before the Europeans collonised, they killed (and ate) the entire race of mori ori before europeans came. When the europeans collonised it was perhaps the best example of deplomacy and peace making in modern history, but all of the human traits of bloodshed and corruption still applied.

There where pig heads and con artists on the european side, and their where canables and savages on the Maori side. But there was also a tremendous amount of respect for Certain europeans who championed for the rights of the Maori, and also respect for Maori leaders such as Potatoe Tiwherowhero, and the Kingitanga movement.

If you do come to New Zealand don't expect every Maori to be some kind of Atlantian spiritual guru of something. But I have been very privalaged to stay at a Marae (Meeting House), and have had encounters with their spiritual teachings, and spiritual Nature.

If your serious about wanting to understand the Maori culture you will have to find a Kaumatua (elder). You will have to dig deep and look below the surface, but I assure you there certainly is something very spiritual about the Maori as a people, and it is no doubt worth the effort to find it if that is what you intend to do.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
As an example. My father told me a story of how he went to his girlfriends place one day and her room seemed different.
She asked him "do you notice anything different about the room"
He said "You've cleaned it"
"No"
"You've changed the lighting"
"No"

It turned out a Kaumatua [(kau rhyme with toe)] had blessed the room.
When he woke up at night he could see (anomalous) lights twinkling inside the room.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am interested in learning more about the role the tuatara plays in New Zealand Maori culture and mythology. I have searched the Internet for info, but have found very little.... can someone point me in the right direction?
here's a wiki link to the tuatara. They are a very interesting species to say the least!
LINK: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by 2012DragonSlayer]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I wouldn't really consider myself an expert on Maori culture, but I'm sure I would have had alot more exposure than others on this thread. So I guess I'm the expert in this community of five or so.

The Tuatara used to be on our (now extinct) 5 cent peice. The five cent peice is extict that is, not the Tuatara, nothing has been able to extinct the Tuatara since prehistoric times. I have only seen a Tuatara at the Zoo when I was young.

I know that lizards are common in Maori art, I have never found any explaination. I certainly do not beleive it holds an exclusively negitve connotation, but that may be one aspect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join