It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

Well first off, i meditate daily, usually with a breathing meditation, then an energy, or clear your mind exercise. I will always do the breathing part, just the second i change occasionly.
I wont go into detail with these meds, but if you'd like me to i will.

Since variety is the spice of life, i've decided to look for some music that i can use to mix my mediation up abit.

I've got some quite good songs that i can listen to that i find extremely powerful that can sort of induce a trance state, which i will list, but i'm looking for a few more.
I've been searching binaural beats, and I use brainwave generator which i occasionaly have a quick mess around with, but the problem with that is, i can't download the beats off the generator onto my ipod, so to meditate to that, i need to have my computer with me, which isn't exactly easy.

So to the main topic, has anyone got any favourite tunes, or perhaps guided mediation soundtracks that they use and would like to share?
Not just for me but for everyone viewing this thread.

Also does anyone have a Binaural Beat that can induce the Theta stage? I've been looking for one but can't find anything.

I fly quite alot, and when im on a long plane journey i like to put on a relaxing tune, and let myself to fall asleep to it, and depending on the track i can have quite deep "interesting" dreams to it.

I quite like this track, it isn't my normal sort of music, but its very powerful and sort of "moves the soul"

So yeah, back to the OP, share your meditation music here

Love&Light

Jacob

[edit on 8/6/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A favorite 'topic' of mine. I constantly have music playing, although music is a loose term to me that simply means organized sound

Here are some favorite tracks that I consider meditative, though not always traditionally so.

Deeply relaxing and ethereal...
Steven Halpern - Chakra Angels (?) (from the album Chakra Suite)

Soft, soothing and gentle...
Harold Budd & Brian Eno - The Plateaux of Mirror (from the album Ambient 2 - Plateaux of Mirror)

This is what I mean by less traditional. I consider this exceptional for 'ecstatic' meditation.
Laraaji - Dance #1 from the album Ambient 3 - Day of Radiance

Soft, soothing and gentle again...
Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon (from the album Thursday Afternoon)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Stay tuned - I'm working with another ATS member, to develop an hour long meditation track, with Shuman Resonance, and binaural beat entrainment, taking the listener into a deep theta trance for the first half hour, and then to a target delta wave for the second - which will be overlaid with beautiful sounding classical music by Bach, the resonance and binaurals forming nothing more than a background hum.

I plan to produce a pdf to go with it, describing the whole process of brainwave entrainment and listing the benefits as well as some of the temporary side effects which go with the territory of a daily deep meditation practice.

It will then be made available for download off the net for people to make use of. Should be ready within a month, max.

From the one track I've tested, it will be powerful and highly effective.

P.S. Regular music, while perhaps calming and pleasant to listen to, absent binaural beat entrainment does not significantly alter brainwave patterns and can't really serve as a deep meditation tool, just an FYI regrading music as a meditation.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Wow that sounds amazing.

If it works, and is as good as you make it sound, i can't wait. I can't find anything that'll take be in Theta, let alone Delta, so thats awesome.

Keep working on it man

Love&Light

Jacob

top topics

join