It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Canadian Health Care Myths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

As a Canadian living in the United States for the past 17 years, I am frequently asked by Americans and Canadians alike to declare one health care system as the better one.

Often I'll avoid answering, regardless of the questioner's nationality. To choose one or the other system usually translates into a heated discussion of each one's merits, pitfalls, and an intense recitation of commonly cited statistical comparisons of the two systems.

Because if the only way we compared the two systems was with statistics, there is a clear victor. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to dispute the fact that Canada spends less money on health care to get better outcomes.

Read the rest of this article. As the title of the article would imply, it addresses the arguments made against the Canadian system. They turn out to be just not that true...

Link...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by milesp]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Very good information.

I do remember when I was waiting for my gall bladder surgery my doctor, who's brother lives in Canada, told me that in Canada GB surgery was considered elective and her brother had to wait for nearly a year and a half for the surgery. I tell you, the pain I was in didn't feel like that was an elective procedure.

I do think that the US needs to do something about Health Care, just the cost of Medicare and Medicade are staggering. I believe things here are so over priced due to the greed of those in the insurance, pharm, and hospital business. I have no clue if they will ever straighten this all out.

join