It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mideast: Israel Cracks Down on Minority Rights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

MIDEAST: Israel Cracks Down on Minority Rights

www.ipsnews.net

RAMALLAH, Jun 8 (IPS) - Three bills recently making the rounds in the Israeli parliament have caused outrage amongst Israel's Arab minority.

"They reveal an obscene and dangerous targeting of the individual and collective rights of Palestinian citizens," the independent BADIL Resource Centre for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights in Israel said in a press release.

One bill sought to prohibit marking the day Israel declared its independence as a day of mourning. A second prohibits negating the existence of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state.

The third bill would have re
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Wow, it makes you wonder just what kind of democracy Israel runs over there that time and time again people say…but Israel is a democracy just like us.

Yes, a democracy where the lawmakers and citizens think of new and innovative ways to persecute, torment, degrade, and terrorize the people who once called it home for thousands of years.

It really is scary what goes on over there, and the way they make it always seem so innocent over here.

The world needs to put an end to this soon.

www.ipsnews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I dislike dissent- especially on a forum for whose members I have so much respect- BUT.

Israel was made a State. A Sovereign Country. They have the right to protect themselves from terrorism as any country does. Hezbollah and Hammas are terrorist organizations that have slowly and stealthily encroached upon the State of Israel. I don't always agree with Israel. They tick me off often. However, if Canada and Mexico were CONSTANTLY lobbing bombs into Iowa of Oregon or Louisiana, the US would fight back, HARD. Or if Germany invaded France.....hmmm.....that started 2 World Wars.

Israel is an oasis of Jewish heritage surrounded by nations who would as soon see her wiped off the globe as look at her. To stand by and claim that ISRAEL is the bad guy here makes me violently ill. Time for Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Iran, saudi, etc., to ACCEPT a Jewish country in their midst and resettle the Palestinians in countries where they have brethren, and let Israel have a piece of land no bigger than New Jersey. NOT to defend Israel is equivalent to allowing another genocidal act, and I won't sit idly by while it happens, no matter how violently they've been FORCED to defend their land.

Forgive me if I offend people on this thread. I take no issue with the peaceful Muslim world- only those who would seek to re-enact 1453 (fall of Byzantium) and create a great Caliphate from The Mediterranean to the Himalayas.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

That’s just plain insulting, to suggest these organizations have slowly and stealthy threatened the people who stole their land and murdered them?

It was all Palestinian land before the British Mandate of Palestine whose sole purpose was to lawfully allow Zionists to immigrate on to 48% of the land.

It was the Zionists who introduced terrorism in to the Middle East by using it against first the British to drive them from governing the mandate, so they could more effectively use terrorism to disenfranchise the Palestinians from the largest parcel of land they possibly could and they still haven’t stopped.

Let someone from another nation and religion and ethnic background come steal your home and land and then make up a prejudicial story full of nonsense how they had every right to do that to you, and you know…your fairy tale just might be excusable.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It is more of a sharp jab in the heart for me when I read such a statement. An insult also...

You really believe that by committing multiple genocides you are entitled to favors from the Creator, destroying the Creator's property is Vandalism. You are not "entitled" to any promised land, that is insane!

There is such a thing as Divine Justice

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Wow. I'm really spoiled. On many other topics on ATS there is polite disagreement.

You are entitled to your opinions- and I even prefaced (without need to do so) the fact that I dislike dissenting, before I stated my opinion.

What I find disappointing after incredibly astute and respectful dialogue on this site is your personal attack.

I will not apologize for my point of view. I would suggest you study WHY the State of Israel was created- on the very place where the Judaic people began, and as a result of their utter annhiliation in WW2 before you cast aspersions at one who would defend their right to live.

And yes- they have been encroached upon, both by great acts of terrorism and by stealth, with the help of the surrounding countries- in a blatant and well-known attempt to eliminate the state.

I'm sorry it offends you so greatly that a population of people have such a tiny piece of earth- and defend their right to it- whether you agree with how it was attained or not.

Did your ancestors take land from natives and claim it as their own? People in glass houses and all that....

If this is the kind of personal attack I should expect here I will reserve my posts for a more intellectual community- one who hears opposing opinions, and disagrees RESPECTFULLY.

By the way- I don't live in a fairy tale- if I did, I would not count my grnadmother on an Auschwitz deportation log. And I am NOT a Zionist- I am one who respects the rights of all people to live freely- and it is repulsive that in the 21st C so many people STILL debate the existence of Israel.

Please don't respond- I've done with this ridiculous and insulting conversation. You may now return to your own bias.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A racist???????????????? Please. This is disgusting. I cannot believe I'm experiencing this here, of all places.

Maybe my "fairy tale" was that there existed a forum where people may discuss issues freely. How silly of me- it's just another group of people with nothing better to do than throw stones.

Believe me, I won't "bother" any of you again with a logical discussion or a personal opinion that is based in reality.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Barbaric activities carried out in this day and age are ridiculous to the many evolved non psychopathic wonderful human beings - Are rights are continuously being trampled by sadistic toxic regressive individuals, creating more hate throughout the human race. Can't you be more creative.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

israel is a terrorist country founded on terrorism and murder , who live in the past and remind the entire planet of the `pain` they have suffered (and ignore the other holocausts) ignore UN resolutions at will and kill anyone they want.

the people of israel are sick and tired of the zionist leaders and there image in the world , sadly that image is re-inforced by the video`s on the web of loud mouthed drunken yobs.

you state israel is `an oasis of culture` and your `viloently ill` when anyone hints that israel is the bad guy

USS Liberty

for 4 hours the IAF attacked the US ship , 4 hours US servicemen died

oh but israel did nothing wrong then huh , 4 HOURS of attacks is no ` accident`

[edit on 8/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Democracy is always like this, the minorities are the ones who have to suffer in silence. Why would anyone be surprised by this.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD
I dislike dissent- especially on a forum for whose members I have so much respect- BUT.

A wise man once said that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

However, if Canada and Mexico were CONSTANTLY lobbing bombs into Iowa of Oregon or Louisiana, the US would fight back, HARD.

If Iowa or Louisiana blockaded Canada with a wall all around it and robot snipers all alongside the wall so that nobody can get a few hundred meters near the wall or get fired upon then you know what?

YOU DAMN RIGHT CANADA WILL BE LAUNCHING SOME ROCKETS!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Believe me, I won't "bother" any of you again with a logical discussion or a personal opinion that is based in reality.

While you might find it highly offensive that many people will not condone or embrace the typical biblical and Israeli propaganda that is insidiously used to whitewash history and Israeli genocide and crimes against humanity it is precisely that intractable belief that it is correct even though history as well as current events says that it isn’t that robs a person of any credibility in debating these issues.

Palestinians and the Arab nations have no doubt made some mistakes in how to deal with the illegal violations of the United Nations British Mandate of Palestine on the part of Zionist terrorism, thefts and murders especially in the earlier stages of the conflict when they lacked the same kind of diplomatic ‘sophistication’ to understand that the Zionists would really go so far as to murder U.N. Envoys like Count Bernadotte Folke.

It is just obscene though for any human being to suggest Zionists have not made any mistakes in the many treaties they signed with no intention of ever keeping and subsequently have always broken.

There would be no need for ATS if everyone was willing to tow the ‘party’ line and the party was Likud!

Sorry the kitchen is too hot for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Hezbollah and Hammas are terrorist organizations that have slowly and stealthily encroached upon the State of Israel.

In fact the reverse is true. Israel is guilty of encroaching. Let the facts be your friend!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/302b473b6fbb.jpg[/atsimg]

if Canada and Mexico were CONSTANTLY lobbing bombs into Iowa of Oregon or Louisiana, the US would fight back, HARD.

Add to that equation that Canada and Mexico were lobbing bombs because America kept pinching their land until they were basically living in an open air prison very much like the Warsaw Ghetto, then you will be more correct in your analogy!

Germany invaded France.....hmmm.....that started 2 World Wars.

So.. using that logic, it's then safe to assume that Israels invasion of Palestine could very well start World War 3?

to ACCEPT a Jewish country in their midst and resettle the Palestinians in countries where they have brethren

Get rid of the Palestinians? The Jew's were re-settled on Palestinian land my friend. Again, you're all Topsy Turvy! I think Israel needs to accept that they are in a predominantly Muslim part of the world and accept their neighbors.

Just my 2 cents...

IRM

[edit on 9/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

That doesn't even include the whole picture. Let's not forget the parts of Syria (The Golan Heights) and Egypt (Part of Tabba) that the Israelis have annexed and held on to.

Israel has done nothing but expand well beyond the 48% of Palistine they were aloted for Zionists immigration.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That doesn't even include the whole picture. Let's not forget the parts of Syria (The Golan Heights) and Egypt (Part of Tabba) that the Israelis have annexed and held on to.

Israel has done nothing but expand well beyond the 48% of Palistine they were aloted for Zionists immigration.

Yep, I know.. however I couldn't find a map that included that data. Can you post one?

IRM

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yep, I know.. however I couldn't find a map that included that data. Can you post one?

IRM

I will see if I can find one to post. That's a wonderful suggestion, thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This is a map of the area, the Golan Heights is shaded in green and this is also a portion of land Israel siezed that it was never promised.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
As a general reminder, please limit your comments to the topic at hand and refrain from making personal remarks directed toward fellow ATSers. Answers to these problems and questions will only be fostered through civil debate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join