It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APNewsBreak: Major problems found in war spending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

APNewsBreak: Major problems found in war spending

news.yahoo.com

In its first report to Congress, the Wartime Contracting Commission presents a bleak assessment of how tens of billions of dollars have been spent since 2001.

But the government has no central data base of who all these contractors are, what services they provide, and how much they're paid. The Pentagon has failed to provide enough trained staff to watch over them, creating conditions for waste and corruption, the commission says.

KBR Inc., the primary LOGCAP contractor in Iraq, has been paid
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The article goes on to say that KBR is the main contractor and has been paid nearly 32 billion dollars since 2001 and billions of dollars were wasted. How convenient for Dick Cheney and friends.

Lack of oversight is becoming a household phrase these days. They start the article talking about a 30 million dollar dining facility in Iraq on a U.S. base that was built because of bad planning and botched paperwork. This is just one example of how our money has been squandered. Probably just flat out stolen to line the pockets of KBR.

People should be brought to justice, but sadly I'm sure they never will. Organized crime at it's best. Poly Ticks = Many Bloodsuckers.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow, take about a day late and a billion dollars short...

We get it congress. You're on the job...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Right. Amazing this is the first report since 2001. Eight years free for all. wait a minute, seven of those were Bush terms. Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wonder how much of thios money is allocated to Black Ops and secret technologies...I am unsure that we can completely call this mismanagement as there is a need to fund that which cannot be readily discussed.

I for one want to know more about their behavioural sciences...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I wonder how much of thios money is allocated to Black Ops and secret technologies...I am unsure that we can completely call this mismanagement as there is a need to fund that which cannot be readily discussed.

I fully agree with you, the army has a huge budget but the soldiers are complaining about the lack of good material and in some cases, like the Belgians, don't even have enough ammunition.

Like the billions that went to the "Star Wars" Program during the eighty's, I think this is something that the Disclosure Project or others should start digging into and I think that there are "Paper Trails" enough to support the testimonies from the disclosure project's witnesses.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Already Posted

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join