It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP secures two European seats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

BNP leader Nick Griffin has been elected to the European Parliament as the party won its first two seats. Mr Griffin was elected for the North West region while Andrew Brons picked up another BNP seat in Yorkshire and Humber, where it won 10% of the vote.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

So, the BNP have won two seats at the European parliament! I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of mixed reactions regarding this, even though I don't know all of the BNP's practice's and history I feel their support of being British is spot on.

I'm racist by any means, but I would support anyone who says that immigration (illegal immigration anyways) needs to end in this country.

It's a shock to many people that they have actually won a seat, pretty funny actually - I made a thread the other day regarding the leaflet that has been distributed throughout the UK spitting hate at the BNP and urging people not to vote for them.

That obviously didn't work!

Your thoughts people?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Personally I find the BNP pretty repugnant. Dispite their recent adoption of populist policies, and a 'softening' oftheir public image, they are still an extreme right wing party, founded on the ideologies of fascism and white nationalism. They have their roots in ultra-right groups like the NF, and a public image make-over is never going to change the fact that they are a bunch of evil Neo-Nazis: -

Nick Griffin - "I am well aware that orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into soup and lampshades. I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria."
"There is no doubt that hundreds, probably thousands of Jews were shot to death in Eastern Europe, because they were rightly or wrongly seen as communists or potential partisan supporters. That was awful. But this nonsense about gas chambers is exposed as a total lie"

John Tyndal - "Main Kampf is my bible"
"Many who feel that Hitler was right do not believe it is safe yet to state such views openly. But times will change."

Tony Lecomber - "The Rich are genetically superior to the poor."

There are other gems littered throughout the internet which show the BNP for what they really are, a party of dangerous fascists.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The BNP has become a symptom of the other three parties not tackling the problem of immigration, and the fact that many people feel disenfranchised.

The UK is now the most over-populated country in Europe. People of all persuasions feel the government has let them down badly and imo made a protest vote.
Why they didn't vote UKIP is beyond me, they are to the right, anti EU but at least they are not racist, three of their Asian candidates got elected.

This is interesting though disturbing from the Independent

'Billy Blair? Yeah, he's a friend of ours. He's a good bloke." It's not unusual to hear local shopkeepers back their newly elected councillor straight after an election. What is extraordinary is that here in Maltby, Rotherham, Will Blair has just won the seat for the BNP and the shopkeeper in question is Birmingham-born British Asian Kaz Singh.
[]

Full Article
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Your thoughts people?

2 more MEPs who'll fiddle their expenses.

To be honest, I'm not surprised that they have. The election was nicely timed to go with the exposure of MP expenses. People who voted showed that they had lost confidence in major parties and looked elsewhere. When I went the voting slip was ridiculous and filled with a host of parties, most of which that I had never heard of.

I wanted to vote OMRL party, but sadly they were not listed.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is being discussed in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join