It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation" (new video - Must See!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

i thought that certain heavy metals were really bad to ingest...

where did you hear that it attaches to the Fluoride?? all i could find about colloidal gold was that it fights off bacteria and viruses by depriving them of oxygen.

how exactly does it "bond" to the Fluoride and decalcify your pineal gland??

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

S&F.

I would even consider this a "war crime against humanity." Why? Because it's a by-product of the MILITARY production of nuclear weapons, it has the psychological effect of lowering our IQs (among other things), the Nazis used it to pacify people, and it's been distributed all over the world now. Though many countries have also banned it. It is a toxin, there is no disputing that.

All in all this stuff is evil.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
whether or not Hitler or Stalin used it at all, it's still being proven to be totally unhealthy for us, with a mountain of evidence against it, and a hill of beans for it!

i've been researching fluoride so long, and i sometimes wonder when people will wake up to this danger that we face, and ingest, every single day!

why would TPTB install fluoride into our water supply when we ingest only 90% of tap water?? the rest is "wasted" while washing cars, doing dishes, washing clothes, bathing, watering lawns, etc...

well, as for bathing, water can be absorbed through the skin, and when it's heated it absorbs better, so we might intake some that way too. that still doesn't give them an excuse for them to fluoridate our water supply for such the small amount we use!

by the way, fluoridation combined with PVC shower curtains is a dangerous combo!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
health.usnews.com...
foodconsumer.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Yup, another great video.

BTW, stay tuned. I'll be featuring an article on this very subject in the coming weeks on ATSnews.

-Dev

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
another great thread by adrenochrome
, star+flag, i believe it's important for more people to know about fluoridation, even thou i know about it i still drink fluoridated water
guess that doesn't help the cause!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

thanks for posting the "Fluoride Deception" video! ...have you read the book?? it's actually the next one on my amazon.com list!

also, don't forget to check out the study on the previous page, "Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards for basically everything you wanna know about fluoridation's dangers!

and on a minor note, i suggest you all check out "The Fluoridation Fraud", in my sig below, for a lesson on the falsehoods that got water fluoridation started in the first place...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Restaurant owners Igor Rakuz, left, who owns GRO Cafe, and Oliver Outerbridge, who owns Bonobo, today kicked off a petition campaign to force a referendum in the towns served by the Portland Water District that would ask voters if they want to remove fluoride from the water system. The grassroots group they're heading is called Fluoride Leave Our Water, or FLOW.

Oliver cited the link between fluoride in drinking water and diseases such as cancer and thyroid problems.

"It's a form of mass medication," he said. "We do not feel mass medication is constitutional or ethical."

He added "fluoride only works topically, not when you ingest it."

www.mainetoday.com...

...just a bit about fluoride from today's news...

the more of these little "grassroots" campaigns, the better! they seem to be popping up all over the country, and throughout the world!

EDIT:
...and then you see crap like this all over, too

"Problems with Fluoride System" (they're saying the fluoride levels are too LOW
)

[edit on 8-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Fluoride is a drug, FACT.
Fluoride is a poison FACT.
Fluoride is hazardous waste FACT.

I thank you OP for spreading the info on Fluoride.

If government can do anything right, let it be to get rid of intentional drugging, poisoning, hazardous wasting our very own drinking water that we use to survive.

My God Man, It is about as safe as mixing antifreeze in your Iced Tea !!

2 plus 2 equals 4 and 4 is no fluoride. It is easy like math...

I am safe with well water and not brushing my teeth so often but don't tell anyone I said that.

Good luck, and spread the fluoride facts as much as you can, because we do care!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here are the PDFs that were emailed back to me by my city rep. Here is his response:
(my name, his name and the city are removed for personal reasons)

XXXXXXX,

I appreciate your concern in our drinking water. i will try to help you understand why we put fluoride into the City of Upper Sandusky Drinking water. Ohio Revised code 6109.20 states that a water system need to fluoridate there drinking water. This has been in effect since 1971. basically we are required by OEPA to comply with this ORC.
We have a natural fluoride of 0.35 MG/l. Some communities have much higher natural levels that us. we are a surface water system meaning that we receive our water from a lake,stream or reservoir. these systems normally have lower natural levels. Ground water (wells) seem to have higher levels. we add Fluorosilicic Acid to raise the fluoride level the acceptable range of 0.80 to 1.30 MG/l.

i have attached that section of the ORC and a few other informational sheet. i have also attached a copy of our CCR that will show you the levels of fluoride and other contaminates that are in the water.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me a the phone number below.

Thanks,

XXXX
City Of XXXX

Actually, I can't upload the PDFs but they are filled with: Fluoride is good for you! Less cavities! Sound healthy teeth! And "communities are still struggling with the question of fluoride or no fluoride, here is why they should decide yes!"

Then there is a document that even describes the types of fluoride and look what he sent me:

Hydrogen fluoride ( HF, CAS No 7664-39-3) is a colourless, pungent liquid or gas with a boiling point of 19.5 oC. It is highly soluble in water in which it forms hydrofluoric acid.
Sodium fluoride ( NaF, CAS No 7681-49-4) is a colourless to white solid that is moderately
soluble in water.
Fluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6 CAS No 16961-83-4) which is also known as hexafluorosilicic acid is a
colourless solid that is highly soluble in water.
Major uses
Inorganic fluorine compounds are used in industry for a wide range of purposes. They are used in aluminium production and as a flux in the steel and glass fibre industries. They can also be released to the environment during the production of phosphate fertilizers (which contain an
average of 3.8% fluorine), bricks, tiles, and ceramics. Fluorosilicic acid, sodium hexafluorosilicate and sodium fluoride are used in municipal water fluoridation schemes (1, IPCS 2002).

They even state that this stuff is released from the manufacturing process. This stuff is just wonderful and they continue to point out how wonderful it is and how communities that use it have 20 to 40% less cavities. Okay, 20 to 40 is a pretty broad range. You would think that after nearly 70 years we would know exactly how beneficial it is for the communities instead of what appears to be a figure simply thrown out there.

It's a joke and I have replied to my city water rep and told him that I am saddened by his insistence that it is necessary.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
crystalquest.com...

Thats the filter i use to remove fluoride..i have a twin countertop unit..first fitler has a .02, sometimes i use a 1 micron carbon block, 2nd housing has that fluoride filter. Ita activated alumina...its uspoed to remove up to 90% of present fluoride from tap water.. They are kinda pricey though, and have to changed out every 3 months or 500 gallons...
Whats everyones thoughts and ideas on this fluroide filter?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

thanks for going out of your way to contact your city members!

i've called my water department before, and they basically said it was mandated here as well by either the ADA or FDA or something - i forgot which one. when i sent a letter to the lady from www.fluoridealert.org for FREE ANTI-FLUORIDE BUMPER STICKERS, i asked her about this... she said it isn't mandated by anyone, and they have the power to stop it if they want - something like that... here's what she said:

Happy to send the stickers, Brian.......thanks for the request! The stickers are simply to raise awareness about the issue with the public.

If you REALLY want to take the clear and patient steps to get this
out of your water you need to call Jeff Green at XXX XXX-XXXX to get
the details. Long story short, it's about the product NOT the
science. By the way, it most certainly is not federally mandated!
proof: www.Keepers-of-the-Well.org... then click Fluoridation
On-Point and scroll down to item #3.

best,
maureen

i actually haven't tried calling him yet, as i have since moved to another town in the same state (i need to see what they do for water fluoridation here...)

anyway, "item #3" says:

"(11) No national primary drinking water regulation may require the addition of any substance for preventive health care purposes unrelated to contamination of drinking water."

www.keepers-of-the-well.org...
www.keepers-of-the-well.org...

i'm tempted to call my town hall today...

[edit on 9-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These are very impelling videos! This thread got me to actually make a call to my city hall where I was informed luckily, my water has not been fluoridated for a few years.

I've suffered from migraine headaches weekly for more than 10 years. Recently I read on ATS that fluoride could be a possible cause for the migraines. For the last two months I have cut out as much of it from my diet as possible via bottled water and non fluoridated toothpaste. I'm happy to report I have not had a single migraine since I made the switch to a fluoride free diet!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ListenD

well if your town doesn't fluoridate your water supply, i'd stop drinking bottled water right away!

also, here's a list of sources of fluoride:
www.fluoridealert.org...

personally, i used to drink a lot of tea, which apparently has lots of fluoride in it, and when i stopped, i noticed that i could remember my dreams again, and not only that, but they were more vivid! i wondered why, then i came across that list, and came to the conclusion that it must have been the lack of tea, and therefore fluoride...

"Instant tea, one of the most popular drinks in the United States, may be a source of harmful levels of fluoride... The researchers found that some regular strength preparations contain as much as 6.5 parts per million (ppm) of fluoride, well over the 4 ppm maximum allowed in drinking water by the Environmental Protection Agency." - "Potentially harmful fluoride levels found in some instant tea'', Washington University School of Medicine, January 25, 2005.

"The average fluoride concentration of infusions prepared from decaffeinated (green & black) tea in this study is 3.19 ppm and ranged from 1.01 to 5.20. This is unexpectedly higher than caffeinated tea and such a difference is statistically significant. If decaffeinated tea were prepared with optimally fluoridated water, the fluoride content would be increased by 1 ppm and would reach an average of 4.19 ppm." - Chan JT, Koh SH. (1996). Fluoride content in caffeinated, decaffeinated and herbal teas. Caries Research 30:88-92.

also, it surprised me that using Teflon cookware may even increase fluoridation:

"Teflon-lined cookware may contribute to the fluoride ingested by humans. Full and Parkins boiled fluoridated water at a moderate rate until a one-third or one-half reduction in volume was attained, then determined the fluoride content of the residual water... In Teflon-coated ware, the concentration of fluoride ion increased to nearly 3 ppm. This result requires confirmation; but, if it is correct, then the release of fluoride into foods during cooking in plastic-coated wares requires investigation." - Marier J, Rose D. (1977). Environmental Fluoride. National Research Council of Canada. Associate Committe on Scientific Criteria for Environmental Quality. NRCC No. 16081.

i'll use stainless-steel from now on thank you!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Fluoride is a drug, FACT.
Fluoride is a poison FACT.
Fluoride is hazardous waste FACT.

My God Man, It is about as safe as mixing antifreeze in your Iced Tea !!

2 plus 2 equals 4 and 4 is no fluoride. It is easy like math...

I am safe with well water and not brushing my teeth so often but don't tell anyone I said that.

Good luck, and spread the fluoride facts as much as you can, because we do care!!!!!

well, see my post above this one and you'll realize that we practically already do that!
...iced tea has large concentrations of fluoride!

and yeah, why is it so hard for some to believe that Fluoride is bad for you?

...i just don't understand some people's logic in supporting fluoride, as all they do is regurgitate the mainstream's view on it - the view that the sheeple don't even bother to question, and take it as absolute truth, because why would the government lie to them?...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Bravo.

That's what I tried to point out to him. That it isn't mandated and that it isn't necessary to purify the water like he was trying to imply. I have since written back and here is what we got back from the state representative:

Thanks for keeping me in the loop about the June 8, 2009 e-mail you received from Mr. xxxx xxxxxx concerning fluoridation of xxxxx water system. It is unfortunate that misinformation still abounds about the benefits and safety of fluoridation. The world wide web contains many sites that base claims of harm from fluoride on junk science, innuendo and inaccurate or incomplete analysis of the research. (this is me: typical spin here by giving the bad names like junk science)

As you know, xxxxx is one of 213 public water systems that adjust the fluoride content to 0.8 – 1.3 mg/L or parts per million (PPM) to achieve reductions in tooth decay in a cost-effective, equitable manner. Ninety-two percent of Ohioans served by public water systems are enjoying the benefits of this proven public health measure. When I respond to queries about fluoridation, I often refer folks to the American Dental Association (www.ada.org... ) and the Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov... ). These excellent websites contain information that is based on credible research published in peer-reviewed journals. (me again, I responded also pointing out that certain organizations once said that chemicals like DDT weren't harmful to people or the environment, yup, must believe the organizations that state these things because they aren't junk science)

Mr. xxxxx is concerned about fluorosis. Common causes of fluorosis are ingestion of higher-than-optimal fluoride water as well as inadvertent ingestion of topical fluorides during the tooth developing years (birth to age 9). Research is ongoing to determine why mild and mild-moderate fluorosis has increased in the last few decades. Improper prescription practices, as well as swallowing fluoride rinses and fluoridated toothpastes are major reasons for concern. Mr. xxxxx should check out this link: (www.cdc.gov... ) to more fully understand this complex issue. (note how she says that research is ongoing about why fluorosis has increased over the last few decades [few being more than 2!])

If a person ingests optimally fluoridated water and there is careful monitoring of total fluoride intake by very young children, fluorosis should not be a concern. Certainly, severe fluorosis—which includes brown stains and pitted enamel—is not common in the United States. (me again, and yet research is ongoing to what THEY call mild fluorosis) It is seen in some countries where natural fluoride content in public water systems is well above 2.0 mg/L or parts per million. It would be interesting to know whether Mr. xxxxx son swallowed a lot of fluoridated toothpaste as a toddler (no, kept him away from toothpaste, brushed his teeth with fluoride free pastes), whether fluoride supplements were prescribed unnecessarily or inaccurately (nope), and whether natural fluoride levels in the communities where he lived were tested for fluoride content (an excuse to put the blame elsewhere, because where we lived when he was born fluoridated their water supply). The Ohio EPA and the U.S. EPA have set secondary and primary MCL’s (maximum contaminant levels) for public water systems in order to protect consumers of community water supplies.

With more than 60 years of research and practical experience, the overwhelming weight of credible scientific evidence has consistently indicated that fluoridation of community water supplies is safe. CDC has proclaimed community water fluoridation (along with vaccinations and infectious disease control) as one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century. Please remind Mr. xxxx that more than 125 national and international health, service and professional organizations recognize the public health benefits of community water fluoridation for preventing tooth decay. The Bureau of Oral Health Services website had additional information on the status of fluoridation in Ohio (www.odh.ohio.gov... ).

Sincerely,
Colleen

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

since when is "junk-science" the description of scientists and professionals continuing the study of something?

they're just as bad as some people on ATS - those who think there's no evidence proving Fluoride's bad, except for the unfinished studies they're still conducting...

since when do unfinished studies and continuing research equate to negative conclusions of said studies?

some people just think they know it all because they were told by someone with power...

he's just preaching the same ol' propaganda that's been spewed by Big Business!

...venom it is!

this isn't chemtrails... heck, this isn't even 9/11...

...this is an earthly subject that can be studied easily, and all one has to do is spend more than 15 minutes researching it, and they'll realize that there really is another side to the story that holds water!...

...i've got so many problems with that letter it's not even funny...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

also, i continue to question why in the world they fluoridate the water for our teeth, and spend all that money to do so, if we waste 95%-97% of the water by washing cars, taking baths, showering, washing clothes, watering lawns, doing the dishes, etc...

just check out this post from my other fluoride thread...

Originally posted by adrenochrome
in regards to the Lafayette, LA scenario, here's an article i just came across:

"Fluoridation debate revived"

Fluoridating public drinking water is a controversial and expensive undertaking.

Just the equipment to ready Lafayette Utilities System for fluoridation will cost $654,200. It will cost another $530,000 a year to operate the system once fluoridation is added, Don Broussard, water operations manager, said.

www.theadvertiser.com...

WOW!

"$654,200" to install it, and "$530,000" annually to maintain it?!!

so they're going to spend over a million dollars to start fluoridation, but couldn't that amount of money be spent more wisely on teaching proper dental hygiene maintenance?! how much does a visit to the dentist cost these days anyway? it seems like they could fix everyone's teeth in the entire city for that amount of money!

is it just me, or is this getting even more ridiculous?! i mean, i knew water fluoridation costs a lot, but not this much!!

also, for those interested, here's another great article:
"Motherhood, Apple Pie and Fluoridation: A critical evaluation of fluoridation practices in Canada"

i'll ask again - why spend that much of taxpayer's money for something that's only, at most, 5% effective?

do you really think that they care how nice our teeth are, when we already use fluoride topically in our toothpaste?!!

NO!! they can't possibly feel that way, and i think there's a sinister reason behind all of this - you heard me right!

...and, i find it interesting that that news article doesn't exist anymore...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I agree. And that's what I told him. I told him that it's really sad that you are simply taking this for absolute proof when the wording is done in such a matter that I learned in some psyche classes. You basically slam the opposition to try and belittle them and then make your claims without really trying to lie too much.

It's a scam and I really wish people would wake up and start shouting at their monthly water meetings at their town halls. I am. I live in a small conservative town so I'm starting to get the 'conspiracy nut' label. Oh well. If I can get one person to open their eyes a little then it's really worth it. Actually, I have opened more than a few eyes. It just takes time and patience.

Now I'm working on the local government. It's a shame that even at the local level you have to have money in order to run for office. Pretty sad how they have that system set up.

Anyway, I flat out told him that the flyers he sent me have zero basis. They are propoganda. Period. The way they are worded and the images in them. I pointed out the statements that showed the propoganda too. About the bolded or highlighted words with images trying to impress the THOUGHT that it is good for you. The lie about how 20 to 40% less tooth decay is due to this. No, it's due to more awareness. This figure actually applies to countries that DON'T fluoridate their water too. Well, the ones that have had the importance of dental care taught to them that is.

It's not about putting this poison on your teeth that is saving the health of people. It's simply about them educating themselves on how to take care of their teeth.

Pretty much it's simply a matter of throwing these lies back in the controllers faces. Stop medicating us against our wills!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

show him this article from my state then:

abclocal.go.com...
(GREAT article by the way, and i'm even surprised that it came from my state!!)

then ask him, would it be wise to put sunblock in the water supply to prevent skin cancer?

and, send him the link for the video in this thread, either by linking him to this thread, or just showing him the YouTube link, and ask him to take 28 minutes of his/her time, and then respond with what he/she thinks about the video! ...if he doesn't have the time, tell them they've already spent more time in writing you letters and showing you "proof", that surely he can make enough time for this if he wants to hear it!

and, if they can't do any of that, then ask them how they can sleep at night!

do they like rat poison in their water supply?? even though it's in small amounts, it still accumulates over time in the body, especially in your endocrine and skeletal systems...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Here's a bump

S&F

I would also add that I hope the new heavy element that will soon be added to the Periodic Table won't find it's way into the water supply... Lead/Zinc doesn't sound appetizing at all...

New Heavy Metal :: [color=gold]Ununbium

[edit on 6·12·09 by DrMattMaddix]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join