It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APNewsBreak: Major problems found in Iraq spending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

APNewsBreak: Major problems found in Iraq spending

hosted.ap.or g

Construction of a $30 million dining facility at a U.S. base in Iraq is scheduled to be completed Dec. 25. But the decision to build it was based on bad planning and botched paperwork. The project is too far along to stop, making the mess hall a future monument to the waste and inefficiency plaguing the war effort, according to an independent panel investigating contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I will say that it is good that they have a "panel" investigating wartime spending. I will say though in retort that creation of an "investigation panel" does not mean that anything will change, or that any charges will be filed.

What is most important is how our government could possibly think that it needs to build a 30 million dollar "mess hall". This is a blatant wanton spending of our money. Once again the corporations are making money and controlling the government.

The guilty party is... Guess who... KBR

hosted.ap.or g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

At least this is only in the millions and it is actually being used for "something". I have a much harder time coming to terms with the billions that have simply disappeared and can't be accounted for.

A lot of scumbags made a heck of a lot of money off of this war.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

KBR Inc., the primary LOGCAP contractor in Iraq, has been paid nearly $32 billion since 2001. The commission says billions of dollars of that amount ended up wasted due to poorly defined work orders, inadequate oversight and contractor inefficiencies.

The government can at least show where KBR recieved $32 billion. I wonder myself how much money KBR and other contractors have recieved under the table.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

At least this is only in the millions and it is actually being used for "something". I have a much harder time coming to terms with the billions that have simply disappeared and can't be accounted for.

A lot of scumbags made a heck of a lot of money off of this war.

Correction, you mean Trillions... with a T. Missing. No trace. Ah the great America is merely a ponzi scheme.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What disgusting and overt corruption.

Here's William P. Utt salary breakdown, but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Here's a KBR employment contract where Halliburton is splattered throughout.

I find their site amusing, where soldiers have died from being electrocuted...in a shower!!! A funny quote mentions bonuses and 'electrical activities', so it seems they get paid for incompetent work where soldiers die in the shower. Of course they negate everything and say they don't do all Iraq contracts...yeah whatever...

...false allegations, the record needs to be set straight on the issue of "bonuses." The term bonus is factually inaccurate. Award fees (not bonuses) are awarded under LOGCAP III. The US government's award fee structure is based on a grading system that scores a number of criteria, including performance, quality, schedule, cost control and management support of all KBR's work in theater. This work includes operation of dining facilities and morale, welfare and recreations centers, mail delivery to the troops, as well as KBR's electrical activities.

KBR site

They've also won a contract for London Olympics; talk about a monopoly!!!

[edit on 8-6-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet that they have a certain immunity to be sued by the soldiers and their families when there is an accident. This company which was tied to Dick Chainey via Halliburton should never have been given any contracts just because of the confilict of interest it presented.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Board of Directors at KBR looks like an invitation list to one of Daddy Bush's Houston barbecues....

It appears that the cost of building dining halls is half of "awarded fees"..

What crooks indeed!!!

Peace...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

How come you get a star, but i don't

new topics

top topics

join