It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Good Vs. Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lorents

Thanks for the thoughtful post. It upsets me to think that My thought process is in line with luciferian beliefs. I will say this much. While we live on earth in our bio-space suits, and as long as there is "civilization" there will always be acceptable vs. un-acceptable behavior.

Brace yourself..........What I'm suggesting is this.

I do not partake in the raping of babies.(just not my thing)
If I were the president of the world raping babies would still be illegal and punishable, but, not because it is good or evil.
It is undesireable.It is unacceptable in accordance with the way we choose to live our lives here on this planet, thank you very much.
If you insist on raping babies, perhaps you can find another planet whos society promotes such behavior. It is still not "good" or "evil".
Those are just words describing our resistance or acceptance of those particular acts.
It would be more accurate to say, "I do not accept the raping of babies"
or "the raping of babies on this planet will not be tolorated". These statements acknowledge the relativity of the issue without condemning them foolishly to the "good" or "evil" side.

So I suppose I could say it another way. ahem....
"Ther is no good or evil, only resistance or acceptance".
or put another way still....
"There is no good or evil, only what we will tolorate and what we will not tolorate".

If we begin to use language like this we begin to operate closer to the true nature of things in my humble opinion.
The concept of good and evil is the ultimate conspiracy. It is the original division of the whole "divide and conqure" strategy.
What say you?

P.s. I swear I don't worship lucifer.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"Flowers are a contunual reminder of our mortality. Do you appreciate flowers?"

"No. No, they make me sick. And they smell like death. I had two brothers die young. But let me tell you...there are worse things than death."

"Yes?"

"There is such a thing as evil."

-(Roughly 7:50-8:25 at link below)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Nice vid but still I say, The word evil is only relative.Certain assumptions are made when we hear these words...."Good" and "Evil". We assume we attach the same meanings to them as everyone else. All we are talking about is the way something makes you feel on the inside which is where ultimate reality resides.

What you call "evil" someone else calls "good". This is because whatever it is that you refer to as "Evil" is something that you are not in favor of or you are resisting.
That same thing, someone else refers to as "good" because they have accepted it or are not resisting it or ARE in favor of.

I need a beer and that IS going to taste GOOD!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

You seem to be combining two different questions here: A) Do good and evil exist? and 2) Can they be clearly defined? "One man's meat is another man's poison" means that yes, there will always be areas of moral ambiguity and realtivity. But pain is real and universal. And I would say too that a qality called "evil" exists, even if it is impossible to define neatly. Can you prove "the morning mist" exists? Can you bring a box of it, perhaps, to an afternoon meeting? Perhaps you could trap some drops in a perspex cube...but even if you did, what would it really mean? None of this means the morning mist as a phenomenon doesn't exist and manifest itself rather frequently.

Moral questions, perhaps, are similar. We know intuitively when we encounter true evil. And also there is that is a curse deep evil often brings...its makes its commtters aware after than before the fact...If a man survives survives such lacerations, perhaps the scar-wounds later resolve themselves into something called "wisdom." What is evil for one may not be evil for another, yet this doesn't mean evil itself is non-existent.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Look it is as simple as this.

Everytime you do something that affects other people for a cause, because you believe it is the right thing to do it is evil. Cause yeah it might be good for some but what is good for some is bad for others and what right do you have to decide for other people?

Thats why good and evil are the same thing, because what do you really know about good and evil anyways and what is best for other people you don't even know. Nothing cause they are both made up ideas and can be interpreted any way you want to.

In the real world I believe there is no such thing as good and evil. They are both misunderstandings and misinterpretations. The reason good and evil appear to exist is cause people push their 'good' agendas and view themselves as 'good' while in fact others view these same 'good' deeds and agendas as 'evil'.

Just take a look at all the religious morons fighting over Israel like it is theirs as they claim it was promised to them by God. But really, what do they even know?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So what you're saying is either we like what is, or we dislike what is, but in the end, only is, is? So we'd might as well not get too hung up on the good/bad aspect.

Nice idea, I might have a play around with that tomorrow in my day!

A side note, I always thought that the notion of good vs evil, came from the sunligh(daytime) and night time(darkness). The sun and daylight is good, as we can see, are warm etc, and the night is evil/bad because of the darkness/cold obviously. I was told this came from the Egyptions and their belief in Amen Ra and Apep fighting each day and night.

But I like your take on things,

kiwifoot

[edit on 13-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's good to see you back Mr. Christ and I see you're retracing your old footsteps well enough.

I'll raise you one and say that all dualities are illusions.

That includes big/small, long/short, light/dark. The definition of each one depends upon its opposition to its counterpart. Thus each side of the duality is nested in its opposite. Thus they are all meaningless categorizations except by relation to something else. Why only 2? Why not an infinite number of shades? It's just whatever is most convenient for our minds to consider.

Originally posted by silent thunder
But pain is real and universal.

Actually some people (a very few) can shut off their own bodily sensations and withdraw completely into their own minds. There is a story of a man who underwent major surgery with no anesthesia, only a recording of Chopin to listen to, to distract his attention.

And I would say too that a qality called "evil" exists, even if it is impossible to define neatly.

If it can't be defined "neatly" then it isn't a "neat" concept, and needs further revision.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When you compare good and evil you are comparing apples and oranges, totally different subjects.

The opposite of good is not evil, it is bad.

The opposite of evil is not good, it is righteous.

Good and bad things happen to each of us every day.

Righteous and evil are points of view.

To quote Anne Rice, "Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we, for no creature under the heavens are as we are. None so like unto him, as ourselves."

So yes, good and bad do exist.

The spiritual connotations implied with righteous and evil, well, those have been debated for centuries and will probably be debated for centuries to come.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
So yes, good and bad do exist.

Could you define "good" and "bad" in objective terms, or do you agree they're subjective and relative to the individual?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Could you define "good" and "bad" in objective terms, or do you agree they're subjective and relative to the individual?

Good: I'm healthy, my kids are healthy, It's a beautiful day and I just won the freakin' lottery!....WOOOHOOOO.....

Bad: I just got fired, crashed my car on the way out of the parking lot. The cop investigating sprayed me with pepper spray when I called him an idiot. My insurance was sponsored through my company, which just fired me.

We all have good and bad things happen to us. Hell some of us go through nightmares.

They're not subjective, they're not objective, they're freakin' nightmares that happen when we cross the path of a maniac, a careless driver or an IRS agent.

No life is complete without it's total disasters. God knows I've had my share. I

(Ya know what? I just erased a whole heck of a lot of this post because I was defeating my own argument.)

Go away now, leave me alone. I'll sleep on this and argue it again tomorrow.

Good and bad....ppffffttttt........

(My best Arny voice)....I'll be back!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

They're not subjective, they're not objective,.....

When you do come back, please elaborate on this.

I am interested in hearing your argument.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I can completely understand. I posed the same question to myself and it bothered me for months, because I had no answer. I thought for sure that I was doomed to concluding that there is no such thing, no difference at all, except what we humans make of what we look at, that we just make it all up. And we do.

But I also managed to re-defined "good" and "bad" in my own more specific terms that are scientific, and justify many moral codes. I just don't want to give it away.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There was once a peasant who owned a single horse on which he depended for almost everything.

When it was time to plant in the spring, he would hitch the horse to a plow to break up the ground for the seeds.

At the end of the growing season, he would hitch the same horse to a wagon and take his surplus to market.

Whenever he was going to take a long trip, he saddled the animal as his only transportation.

There was hardly a day that went by when the horse was not vital and valuable to the life of the old farmer.

One afternoon a bee stung the horse on the neck and in a panic, the animal ran away into the hills behind the framer’s house.

The old man tried to head him off, but he could not keep up.

So as the sun went down that night, he had to go home and tell his wife that the beloved horse had run away.

All of this took place in a tiny village in the interior of China where nothing exciting ever occurred.

An event of this sort became the conversation piece for everyone. Wherever the old farmer went during the next week, his neighbors would shake their heads and say, “Sure sorry to hear about your bad luck, losing your horse.

And the old man would shrug his shoulders and say, “Good luck, bad luck, who’s to say?”

A week later to his utter amazement, his beloved horse reappeared, accompanied by six wild horses he had met high up in the slopes. The farmer was able to corral them all, which was a huge economic bonanza.

Now, everywhere he went his neighbors would say, “Sure glad to hear about your good luck, getting all those horses.”

And the farmer would shrug his shoulders and reply, “Good luck, bad luck, who’s to say?”

The farmer’s son was anxious to make the most of this good fortune, so he began to try to break in the wild horses and get them to the point of wearing bridles and saddles.

The young man, however, had never done this kind of work before and because of his inexperience, he was thrown from one of the horses and broke his leg in three places.

Word spread throughout the community, and everywhere the old farmer went for the next week, his neighbors would say, “Sure sorry to hear about your bad luck, your boy getting hurt.”

And the farmer would shrug and reply, “Good luck, bad luck, who’s to say?”

Two weeks later, a war broke out between city-states of interior China, and the army conscripted every able bodied male over the age of fifteen to go and fight.

Of course, the farmer’s son would have been called up but due to his injury, he could not go.

This proved fortuitous indeed because every other villager who was conscripted was killed in battle.

As you probably anticipated, when word spread of these events, his neighbors all said, “Sure glad to hear about your good luck, your boy being spared.”

And the old man shrugged once again and replied, “Good luck, bad luck, who’s to say?”

You see, it’s all in how you look at it!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ultimately perhaps its more useful and meaningful to look at life on a continuum defined by "love vs. pain" rather than "good vs. evil."

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[Double post, sorry]

[edit on 6/14/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You are on your way my son. Everything is relative to the experiencer. There are those who say prison is bad, ... and those who say prison saved my life. It only means what you want it to, .......... in the end, everything melds into one.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
OK, I still think righteous and evil are points of view, but good and bad, I'm not so sure about.

My life is a gift from the one who created all things, and for that I am grateful. To say my life is bad or terrible is to spit in the face of the one that blessed me with this gift.

It's all good. I love being alive, I love the gift of learning and growing and sharing with others as they share with me.

I once wrote:

"I believe that in our darkest and most personally damned moments there is a light shining brightly to guide us, and we never realize that till long years have given us perspective."

It's all good. I love being alive. I hope you do as well,

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What if "bad" is entropy, and "good" is reverse entropy (information accumulation, life, consciousness, etc.)? You can apply those two things to so many things and concepts on so many levels, even to moral codes that seek the equivalents of coherence, order, and symmetry in human behavior. That's not subjective, is it?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible, they inherently will be." M. Redman.

Happiness is a choice, that's all it is.

We can argue about entropy, fate, karma, or any other conditions we face in this world. In the end it's all the same.

Your life is what you decide your life is to be.

And it's all good!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I am going to have to entertain that one for a while when I am in a more contemplative mood. I like where you are going with it. It seems to make alot of sense on the surface.
Thanks for giving me something to ponder.
This is why I love ATS. Being able to bounce ideas off of like minded people and being shown a different perspective.
You are really bending my mind into a pretzel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join