It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University offers six-week degree in 'Peace and Activisim'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

University offers six-week degree in 'Peace and Activisim'

www.news.com.au

ANTI-military activists have been offered training on how to disrupt Australia's top-level wargames with the US military in an official course run by Sydney University.

The University's Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies offered students a six-week "Peace and Activism Training Course" culminating in a trip to Queensland next month to disrupt Exercise Talisman Sabre.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Cool. Sydney University, how dare you try to upset the might of the USA military by training the peace protestors!

The $500 course fee even included travel expenses for the six-day trip to Rockhampton to take part in the "Peace Convergence" for the first week of the three-week exercise.

Seriously, though, I wonder how this course managed to gain University approval? To me, a University is supposed to remain kind of neutral to most social issues, valuing knowledge without a political opinion?

Anyway, I totally agree with the protest. If the USA wants to play wargames with us, then they're better off using a chess set, Warhammer 40K, or maybe even BloodBowl! It would save us all millions of dollars.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
LOL

I am willing to bet the US and Aussie military FUNDED this course so they could get civilians to jump into the exercise

this exercise requires civilians jumping in after all!!!

just think about it, what better way to get people involved on a "real" type exercise? Than to do it this way!

oh man those people have no clue what they are about to participate in !

6 week course shows exactly what im talking about

they wanna make sure the class is over in time for the civilians to take part in the big experiment

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am willing to bet the US and Aussie military FUNDED this course so they could get civilians to jump into the exercise

this exercise requires civilians jumping in after all!!!

Here's a link to the Talisman Sabre website.

How does it involve lots of civillians?

Can you provide a brief description of what these back-yard Rambo's are trying to achieve?

new topics

top topics

join