It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame For Britain As BNP Win European Parliament Seats

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The BNP got less votes but more seats as their vote was more concentrated. Those who stopped at home have delivered two BNP MEPs for the North West and Yorkshire & Humberside. Turnout is around 35%, so little different to 2005 but if a little more people had voted, the BNP would have failed. Very sad.

The "I voted BNP as a protest" does not ring true, spoiling a ballot paper is a bigger and better protest.

Edited to say, people have answered my post where it looks as though I said the BNP are not racists, I must have done something wrong as I was quoting someone else.
IMO the BNP are racists

[edit on 9-6-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
stumason, laurauk, I respect both of your opinions immensely and whilst I too would not vote BNP in a General Election I could no more bring myself to vote Labour or Conservative.
I suspect that despite my reservations about them being an extension of The Tories I would probably vote UKIP.

I must say stu, I am suprised that one so vocal in support of The English Democrats you would desert them at a General Election.
How do you expect to further their message if at critical times you turn your back on them.
I understand your reasoning, I just think that if you feel so passionate about something you should stick with it at all times.

What we should all be striving for is open and honest debate on the issues that concern us and electoral and parliamentary reform which would provide us with both the process and the people both able and capable to start addressing these issues.

[edit on 9/6/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Ah but see the Politicians in Parliament right are too scared to go to the electorate, for an open discussion because they know us the public would hold up thier P 45's and tell them to join the millions of unemployed all ready on benefits.

If you have not watched question time over the past 4 weeks which I have done, the public have no appitite to listen to Politicans they want thier scalps.

It is going to take a long time before any trust is put back into our political system or any candicate that is standing for election to the either parliaments. Weither is be Scottish, UK or European.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

All 646 MP's currently ensconced in Westminster should be evicted immediately.
Unfortunately they would only be replaced with carbon copies of the current crop of self-serving, self-centred parasites and as such nothing would change.

Party politics has failed us miserably.
We need radical electoral and parliamentary reform with non-aligned Independant MP's whose primary role is to represent their constituents well being and interests whilst being true to their own personal convictions and not blindly following party dogma and rhetoric whilst lining their own pockets.

I would like to see the SNP, (I think you know my opinion of them but if they are there why not use them!), if possible, to force a motion of No Confidence in the current government simply to stir things up even more.

We need to get these ideas and issues out into the open and encourage debate.
The major political parties must begin to represent the wishes of the peope or they will be swept aside and become a thing of the past.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Agrees it would not make any difference to whom ever is voted back into the Parliament. Most of the politicians are all the same, liars to the core.

Are you are referring to the SNP bring forward a motion to have no confidence in this government or the pariliament as a whole?

If it is for a non confidence vote for pariliament, I cannot see that happening, those mps guilty of misdoings will try and cover thier backsides so they are not caught out.

If it is for a non confidence vote in the Government, then they would have support for this. Will this force the Government to call the General Election? NO.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I know, a quandry isn't it? To be honest, I'd only vote Tory as a second choice seeing as the ED would not poll enough to get a single seat anywhere due to the almost non-existant coverage provided by the MSM and the voting system we use in the Parliamentary elections.

Even though the ED won nearly 280,000 votes last week and also won the Doncaster Mayoral election, the MSM coverage has been pretty poor. Thus, barring a major injection of funds, the ED will always be a minor party. We did manage to poll 1.8% of the total vote and given turnout was around half that of a normal General Election, we could expect a total vote of around 600,000 if figures remained the same. It's a real shame that the BNP polled almost 1,000,000 votes though.

Here is a link to one of a handful of articles on the ED from the BBC. As you can see, even though now officially the 7th largest part in the UK, the ED get very little coverage.

This link also shows the disparity between the regions in the EU.. Paid Cymru get only 126,000 votes and get 1 seat, the SNP only get 321,000 and get 2 seats, yet in England, you need 5 times that to get a seat in europe, showing that those regions have a disproportionate amount of seats given their population.... Yet another example of England being shortchanged....

EDIT: To add, I am actually considering becoming much more involved politically ahead of the next election with the ED and will campaign for them. If that is the case, then of course I will vote ED no matter what. I may even stand as a candidate for Wokingham against the incumbant, John Redwood MP.

[edit on 9/6/09 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I may even stand as a candidate for Wokingham against the incumbant, John Redwood MP.

All the best to you, you can advertise on ATS then ! Just kiddin

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I would like to see the SNP pursue a vote of No Confidence in the current government purely to cause them more discomfort and to ensure that politics remains in the public eye and help stimulate continued debate and try to shake people out of the general state of lethargy and apathy that they appear to be in.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I just about get away with attempting to spread the word on here anyway! I might be treading a thin line if I started posting campaign messages, although it might be worth inquiring about where the "law" stands and maybe start a thread on my "experiences"..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

They have tabled a motion to be heard this week, have they not? I'm sure I posted a thread on it last week:

Here you go

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I must say I am quite impressed with The English Democrats.
I was unaware of them until you pointed them out and they seem to have performed quite well given the lack of exposure in MSM.

I like a lot of their policies but despite being a proud Englishman who recognises our under representation and deplores the lack of pride in our individual culture and heritage I feel the biggest threats this union of countries face are immigration and Islamification and EU membership.

Ideally I would like to see some sort of Federal British Republican Union recognising personal individuality, cultural diversity and regional differences and requirements whilst also acknowledging the heritage that unites us as Great Britains.

You have my utmost respect if you choose to stand for election.
I know it is not for me.
Whilst I have an unlimited supply of questions I know that I do not have that many answers to this country's many ill's.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Stu I would vote for you If I was living in England

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Oops, look's like I clear forgot about that.

All I can say is good, let's hope that it is an open and frank debate, but I suspect not....I imagine the party whips will be out in force.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I feel the biggest threats this union of countries face are immigration and Islamification and EU membership.

How do you think Islamification of Britan will happen? Immigration is the main threat, if you allow Muslims to immigrate, Islamification might happen. How would you NOT allow Muslims to immigrate? Religion is not a measure for immigration.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

Religion is not a measure for immigration.

Well maybe, just maybe, it should be!

I am sick to death of people coming from some backwater #hole of a country, taking advantage of my country and all it's benefit's then having the nerve to tell me my country is evil and that they are going to work to impose Sharia and turn my country into a mirror image of the #hole they came from in the first place.

If that upset's people, well, tough!
I, and thousands like me, are sick of pandering to these people and their PC driven apologist supporters.

If these people do not like our country then they are quite free to return to their country of origin.
Suprisingly very few, if any, choose to.

[edit on 9/6/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

How do you think Islamification of Britan will happen? Immigration is the main threat, if you allow Muslims to immigrate, Islamification might happen. How would you NOT allow Muslims to immigrate? Religion is not a measure for immigration.

You have a proper and robust immigration policy, beginnning with deportation of illegals and strict quotas on any new arrivals- most of our islamic immigrants come from certain countries, it would not be hard to stem

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Ah, thankyou for the link to the ED party... I hope you choose to run for candidacy Stumason, as after reading many many of your posts here I guage that you'd be an asset to them

all the best if you do!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

I hope you choose to run for candidacy Stumason, as after reading many many of your posts here I guage that you'd be an asset to them

Be vigilant about expenses, Hazel Blears resigned on the expenses, you MUST not

[edit on 9-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Be vigilant about expenses, Hazel Blears resigned on the expenses, you MUST not

[edit on 9-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

I think you should sign up sunny as your adviser if you do run

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
News just in: The leader of the BNP was forced to cancel a News Conference at the UK Parliament in London, after being pelted with eggs and heckled!

Will post the link once I have it!

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Laurauk]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join