It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If O'bama is a Muslim,so what!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If O’bama is a Muslim, so what?

Could care less if he worshipped the Easter Bunny, as long as he operates with the good of the nation in mind. When a President ceases to uphold this interest and exhibits the interest of other parties than the American people, THEN it's time to consider some action. Otherwise, he was elected, so we should give him the opportunity to do his job, whether one voted for him or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Otherwise, he was elected, so we should give him the opportunity to do his job, whether one voted for him or not.

Just like the other side gave Bush when he was newly elected, right?

And for all those that want to respond with something about Bush "stealing" the 2000 election, that's exactly what many are now accusing obama of - stealing the election by lying about his past to get more votes (and maybe even to claim eligibility).

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

Obama has said many times he is a Christian. He has also said his father was a Muslim, but thats not how he was raised. Just what does this guy have to do to prove he's not a Muslim? I voted for him due to his attitude and tremendous intelligence. If the next guy/gal I voted for was Wiccan or Druid, I don;t care about someones religion, If I thought they were smart and decent people, I will vote for them.

I would not vote, based on religion, unless we were talking about those with perverted views. This includes those who practice animal sacriface, not to mention human sacrifice. Since I consider Wiccans and Druids to be very evoulved, both in love with nature and humanity, we could all value if they ran for office

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

You said in a few words, what would have taken me voulmes. That makes what you say is very cool in my book.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eight

You've managed to ignore most of the intent of my post and at times thrown things back that I had brought up in the first place.

Firstly this:

Read your history,we have been cutting back for decades.

To argue that developing nuclear weapons is a necessary component of American defense is flawed. You're using Pyongyang's nuclear test to question the feasibility of a nuclear weapon-free world. But you and other proponents of this notion are missing the point which is, a world full of nuclear weapons hasn't deterred North Korea either.

Even if that were true we were not aggressively advertising cutting back to our enemies in the midst of them flaunting their new weapon systems. Who's talking about developing weapons? I am clearly talking about maintaining defense systems. Protection not aggression. You don't rid the world or weapons by allowing Korea to develop nuclear while dissarming yourself. My wording isn't that vague. You're running with your own agendas.

Another:

So are you saying that Christians don't read the Bible? Was it Jews that conducted the Salem Witch Hunts? No,I condemned the right ones.

It was you who brought up Moses as an example of Christian behavior. There were no Christians in your example. Be precise. If you meant Salem Witch Hunts, say so. There were better examples of Christian behavior to choose from. "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" - Monty Python

I disagree.Scroll down to "churches".

You disagree with me saying that Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Salman Rushdie, former Muslims, are alive because they are now living in the west? I don’t care about your Christian bashing, that’s another thread for you to write. Yes, yes. Religions are bad! Agreed, now move on to your Obama thread.

Are you seeing Obama as being a Muslim because he said he was or just because he was born into it? If he was born into it but does not claim it i don't see how this applies. This is a country of choice,is it not?

I don't see him as anything other than a problematic beurocrat. Muslim fundamentalists see him as a Muslim or former Muslim and they don't give a ratz*** how he became one or why he no longer is. They have very narrow vision. He can be whatever he wants here, just don't take it on a world tour and that is what he's done. Bush did and said stupid and naive things and liberals can't believe that "Basketball Jones" is capable of the same. You've seen the video of him discussing his Muslim upbringing, so have the fundies. I don't make their rules, Muslim fundies make their own rules and back them with fairy tales. By the way, those virgins they recieve in "paradise", male virgins!

You shouldn't make statements that are inclusive. And to be honest you're wrong, you me and a multitude of others don't know nearly enough to intelligently discuss this religion because it is a very complicated religion with nuances that we can't comprehend.

Thanks for the advice; I'll do as I please. I have not made inclusive statements, go back and you will find it was you! I speak for myself. And to be honest you're wrong. I don't care about the complexities of their myths nor should I. A thinking person cannot comprehend brainwashed lunacy? Of course I can't and never will. You enjoy that when you get there. I care about the blatant lunacy of any religious fundamentalists. This moron Obama insists on placing his head in the lion's mouth and when the jaws shut the United States will feel the pain.

Oh really,go to Saudi Arabia or better yet, go to Bahrain with your simplified view of all religions. It will be a learning experience I'll say that.

You've glossed over my points and then thrown them back as I stated earlier. Here's my original statement:

How many Saudi Arabians are Christian? Zero. - Hemisphere

What more could be learned? They have no tolerance and that's my entire point. This is totally lost on you and the simply naive or blatantly sinister BO.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Eight

There is a reason for this not being posted,it means nothing. It's a misunderstanding of what he was saying and he corrected it.

I think the problem most people have with this video is that they can't imagine ever making the same "mistake" obama did. There's no way they would "accidentally" say they were a different religion than they really are.

Because of that, it makes it appear that under the pressure of the campaign and the interview (and without his teleprompter), obama simply forgot his coaching and memorized lines and accidentally told the truth.

Took the words right out of my mouth!
Thanks for defending me. I'm Pagan and would NEVER make a mistake like that about religion. There would never be a "slip" about being Christian, although being raised that way for 15 years!

Just an excuse IMO...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That is why I penned the title the way I did.

A person's faith is very personal; a President is the President of the country with diversity. I myself think religion should be taken out of politics.

I, like many others don’t care if he is Muslim, Hindu, Christian or whatever. What I want in a president is vision, focus and also a willingness to change his position (that is not flip flopping).

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

My complete transformation to being an atheist is almost complete, and yet I sometime say I'm Baptist when asked. Sometime I say it just for the sake of convince and to avoid conflict. Sometimes I say it out of habit. Obama could have done what he done for some of the same reasons. Like i said, a sound bite can be made to convey what ever you want.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Even if that were true we were not aggressively advertising cutting back to our enemies in the midst of them flaunting their new weapon systems. Who's talking about developing weapons? I am clearly talking about maintaining defense systems. Protection not aggression. You don't rid the world or weapons by allowing Korea to develop nuclear while dissarming yourself. My wording isn't that vague.

You're correct, your statement contained no ambiguity, and here they are:

BO's actions are counter to reason. North Korea is testing missiles, we're cutting back on missile defense. We could throw in Ahmedenejad for good measure but the Koreans are enough for the argument. His actions are not Christian or Muslim, they're simply naive or blatantly sinister.

Now what else an I to infer from this other than Obama's plan to scale back of missile defense isn't sane? My reply was saying basiclly if that the case, This insanity goes decades back.

Another:

It was you who brought up Moses as an example of Christian behavior. There were no Christians in your example. Be precise. If you meant Salem Witch Hunts, say so. There were better examples of Christian behavior to choose from. "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" - Monty Python

You being pedantic is what caused the this. In general speaking everyone knows Christians read the Holy Bible,plain and simple. And I did use the Salem Witch Hunts to show what I meant.

If I was Christian there is no way I would even try and speak against another religion when my own has it's dark and bloody history.

You disagree with me saying that Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Salman Rushdie, former Muslims, are alive because they are now living in the west? I don’t care about your Christian bashing, that’s another thread for you to write. Yes, yes. Religions are bad! Agreed, now move on to your Obama thread.

No, I asked you to read the part about churches, and if you look good you will see that you and others are the ones that have a problem with Obama being a Muslim,I don''t. So who is doing the basing? Shall we go back to you post where you are being accusatorial?

I don't see him as anything other than a problematic beurocrat. Muslim fundamentalists see him as a Muslim or former Muslim and they don't give a ratz*** how he became one or why he no longer is. They have very narrow vision. He can be whatever he wants here, just don't take it on a world tour and that is what he's done.

Are you bashing Muslim?..tsk..tsk...tsk

liberals can't believe that "Basketball Jones"

You see it is comments like this that paints Obama haters as being racist

You've seen the video of him discussing his Muslim upbringing, so have the fundies. I don't make their rules, Muslim fundies make their own rules and back them with fairy tales. By the way, those virgins they recieve in "paradise", male virgins!

Will you listen to yourself?

You are slipping my dear man.

Can you make you next post a little more articulated, less inflammatory, and more educated.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Even if that were true we were not aggressively advertising cutting back to our enemies in the midst of them flaunting their new weapon systems. Who's talking about developing weapons? I am clearly talking about maintaining defense systems. Protection not aggression. You don't rid the world or weapons by allowing Korea to develop nuclear while disarming yourself. My wording isn't that vague.

You're correct, your statement contained no ambiguity, and here they are:

BO's actions are counter to reason. North Korea is testing missiles, we're cutting back on missile defense. We could throw in Ahmedenejad for good measure but the Koreans are enough for the argument. His actions are not Christian or Muslim, they're simply naive or blatantly sinister.

Now what else an I to infer from this other than Obama's plan to scale back of missile defense isn't sane? My reply was saying basiclly if that the case, This insanity goes decades back.

Another:

You being pedantic is what caused the this. In general speaking everyone knows Christians read the Holy Bible,plain and simple. And I did use the Salem Witch Hunts to show what I meant.

If I was Christian there is no way I would even try and speak against another religion when my own has it's dark and bloody history.

No, I asked you to read the part about churches, and if you look good you will see that you and others are the ones that have a problem with Obama being a Muslim,I don''t. So who is doing the basing? Shall we go back to you post where you are being accusatorial?

I don't see him as anything other than a problematic beurocrat. Muslim fundamentalists see him as a Muslim or former Muslim and they don't give a ratz*** how he became one or why he no longer is. They have very narrow vision. He can be whatever he wants here, just don't take it on a world tour and that is what he's done.

Are you bashing Muslim?..tsk..tsk...tsk

liberals can't believe that "Basketball Jones"

You see it is comments like this that paints Obama haters as being racist

You've seen the video of him discussing his Muslim upbringing, so have the fundies. I don't make their rules, Muslim fundies make their own rules and back them with fairy tales. By the way, those virgins they recieve in "paradise", male virgins!

Will you listen to yourself?

You are slipping my dear man.

Can you make you next post a little more articulated, less inflammatory, and more educated.

Peace!

Peace to you too Eight! (I'm not sure you meant yours.)

Am I slipping? No, just injecting a little humor, it rubs you wrong, not PC, my bad. I just happen to have a "Basketball Jones" of my own but I'll get back to my use of that.

Christians read the Old Testament but they're not getting their marching orders from it. Never did. The later atrocities were made up by and legislated by the Church without reference to the vengeful God of the Jews. For the most part they were trying to minimize their Judaic roots and eliminate the remaining Jews. "No one expected..... bup, bup, bup bah!" They did everything they could to separate Jesus from his Jewishness. "Give to Caesar what is Caesar..." No Jew was surrendering to Rome at that time. There were a number of other Messianic figures at the time and they were militant not pacifist. If we're to believe that Saul of Tarsus was a source for the New Testament, he had a beef with the Jewish scholars he longed to be accepted by and that caused him to denounce Judaism and so he invented the counter, Christianity. But I digress...

Obama's campaign build-up including his love of basketball was used to make him seem more likable, inner-city, common man, Christian and Black-American. All the things he is not! (Liking basketball might be the only truism!) My point is the liberals are still dazzled by his cult of personality. The man is a fraud including his current love of Islam. He is one thing that has been proven, a naked Marxist!

I am a hater, I hate most everyone equally. But resounding no, I was not bashing Muslims with my comments. Those are widely accepted opinions. Muslim fundamentalists by scriptural decree have a very singular, narrow world vision. Allah's way or the highway. I know you're not debating that.

And how do you know they're not male virgins?

(Shhhhhhhh, the fundamentalist Muslims are reading this!
)

Peace out!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For the people out there thinking Islam is just a religion you must research the topic way more. Because if Barack is a muslim then it's not just a choice because muslims have hatred twords the west and muslims, real muslims not those moderates muslims are very bad people.

Even moderates are bad and agressive, I know allot of muslims and researched them and can come to the conclusion that they are pigs. I would gladly discuss this with someone that thinks I'm wrong because I know I'm not wrong Iv experienced it. I live in Europe, more particulary Brussels where there is a very high concetration of Muslims.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If Obama is a Muslim I wouldn't blame him for hiding it.

The fact remains how bigoted this country is against people of other faiths. For those that say that Obama lied therefore isn't fit to be President. I say, HE IS A POLITICIAN, HE LIES FOR A LIVING!

Show me a politician that doesn't lie and I will show you a politician that is out of a job.

Can you see a pattern here? If RELIGION is all that the right wingers have to moan about, this guy is doing pretty good in my book. Least he hasn't used an intern as a natural humidor (yet)

Yep this much is certain, hell John Edwards nearly got elected (at least he was close enough to be in the top 3 Democrats) even though he knew he was cheating on his wife! Think of the scandal that would have caused in this day and age. No more boning Marilyn Monroe quietly like JFK, this will be on Twitter, Myspace, Google, etcetera in 5 seconds if a "Monica" happens while Obama is in office.

You said it yourself, all politicians lie. I prefer this harvard constitutional law professor over Sarah Palin. That is just my opinion.

I would have quoted your whole damn thing but it's too long and I think they get enraged over extra long quotes here.

But your points are valid and whoever sees this post should read your original post if they haven't yet, it makes alot of sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

There is a reason for this not being posted,it means nothing. It's a misunderstanding of what he was saying and he corrected it.

I think the problem most people have with this video is that they can't imagine ever making the same "mistake" obama did. There's no way they would "accidentally" say they were a different religion than they really are.

Because of that, it makes it appear that under the pressure of the campaign and the interview (and without his teleprompter), obama simply forgot his coaching and memorized lines and accidentally told the truth.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by centurion1211]

I have some money in Nigeria I need you to help me get. Just send me $500 to get the transfer papers and I will send you 1 million. Now I see how these Nigerians make money. People will believe anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

You don't believe in the power of editing?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join