It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If O'bama is a Muslim,so what!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
It doesn't matter that he's a Muslim. What matter is that he lied about it. This new man of HOPE is not supposed to tell lies like that, he should of just said, "Hey I am a Muslim."

Instead he said, "I am not a muslim."

Lieing is very unbecoming. And once again he just proves that he is no better than Bush, Regan, Bush Snr. Clinton,.... hell all of them. He's just another polictican... Not a man of HOPE...

I agree, even though I like Obama; I see him as a politician.There are some occupations whose members we almost expect to be dishonest. For example, politician and car salesmen, especially used car salesmen.

The salesman has an advantage over the buyer, because he is selling cars all the time, and he has made a career out of learning all the tricks and schemes for ripping his customers off. People in government are no different.

In a perfect world politicians wouldn't lie. But when the voters elect politicians who lie over those who tell the truth then the voters shouldn't be surprised when they get caught being less that truthful.

But no one has answered my question which is,"what if he is a Muslim"?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Eight

No big deal if he is. But the other stuff is why I get so # off went I see what he is doing to this country.
He could be a druid and paint himself blue and dance naked at the solstice for all I care.
The fact that he is destroying this country, raising taxes, increasing government control. . . .

ARG! That #'s me off!

Muslim?
So what?

I also have concerns about the direction this country is going. There are a few things I don't think he should have done. I think he should have demanded to know where that initial bail out money went. So I'm not liking everything he has done but none of that has anything to do with his faith.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
For one being all in favor of transparancy,we do not know without a shadow of a dought where he came from and his religion..What that tell you?

I dont care either way,but if hes just saying whatever to appease his target audience,thats when i have a problem..

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I would think that Isreal would sht their pants.....

Anyways he's just another tool, he's a advanced Arnold Schwinwhatever.
He became a celebrity and gained the upmost power, I swear if Janet Jackson ran for president she'd win.

You have perfectly stated my point.

We expect too much from politicians. We expect them to have two positions at once which is a political position and a moral position. What's wrong with that is morality and politics are in conflict, because morality and politics must appeal to different portions of society.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngoogs
reply to post by Eight

Simply because he lied and deceived the American voting public by pretending to be a Christian. That would be the only real "So What" if he was a Muslim.

I mean, he IS pretty extreme, as far as his leftist policies go. Would that make him a Muslim extremist? No? Nothing?

Yes,but they all lie, I don't see the difference. Do you know that when McCain appeared on the View, he said that he would do some of the things that people are pointing the finger Obama for doing.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This thread deserves "ATS Cesspool of Ignorance" Award (dedicated to the oh so magical Palinites)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by f0llow3d1
Obama is a wierd one to me.. First his name is a no brainer, Barrack Hussien Obama.. Off name alone he shouldnt have won.

So it's his name....So if your name was Charles Manson we should treat you as if you had the same tendencies as him even though you are two completely different people?

Not to sound simple minded, but all this war on Islam, and Saddam Hussien and Osama, now we have a guy name Hussien Obama, and hes blck, crazy.. im all for a black pres, but this guy somehow doesnt seem right.

You can't be for a black president if you took the time to point out the fact that he was black. At least you are honest, many people claim it is not about race when they know it is all about the fact that he is black.

The election was easy.. It came down to Mcain, Hillary and Barrack.. first time in history it came down to a woman or a black man.. what a wild choice to give the people..

No, it was not a wild choice. Many people put the issues before race or gender.

what im saying is, he didnt do anything anyone had previously done. they went outside of the box with their imagery so to speak. and everyone is for change, especially after what weve been through.. change, change, change, and wes we can..

Ok, he had better people running his campaign and they did this in order for him to win. Why is this a problem when advertisers do this same thing to get you to drink Coke instead of Pepsi or To get you to see a certain movie?

I don't see a problem here.

anyhow, this guy is going to usher in the NWO with smile and we'll all except it because were to busy and the monster is way to big to deal with.

NWO, I take it to mean "New World Order"? You mean Obama started that?

Cryptocracy involves more governments than America in order to have this, also this has been in the making well before Obama was born. So how can he alone be responsible?

Be real, I listen to alot of talk here, and one things for sure, not one of you is going to do anything about anything. I dont want to sound rude, but really, does anyone here have a plan to deal with the multitude of things that are wrong..

Thank you!!!!!

All I hear is Rush, Hannity, Steel, and a host of others complaining about what Obama is doing and not doing as if they would do everything right. And we out here is pretty much the same way. We want the problem solved but we don't want our taxes raised, don't we know we can't have it both ways.

I think at the moment, the only things that need to be talked about, are 1, Are these so called fema camps and death camps real.. 2, is the CDC stockpiling coffins for some reason.. 3, is the military building mass graves..4, what are the intentions of these aerial aerosol operations and are they dengerous to us.

These are real issues but they are not juicy enough. Look at the effort and money that is being raised to go after Obama personal information, why can't that same energy be put towards these things you have mentioned. And one group is a Christian group.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Obama isn't a Muslim, he said himself in the (close to) hour long talk in Cairo that he is a Christian.

His grandfather and family past were Muslim.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

No flags and 5 black stars * * * * *

Not even worth arguing a point.

[edit on 6·8·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If Obama is a Muslim I wouldn't blame him for hiding it.
The fact remains how bigoted this country is against people of other faiths. For those that say that Obama lied therefore isn't fit to be President.

I agree, an example of this is that I don’t disclose my race on boards because I’ve seen where it was more of a distraction.

People viewed my opinions from a different perspective. I served my country and I am an American first, and because of this I see my race as being incidental.

Just as his religion should be.

I say, HE IS A POLITICIAN, HE LIES FOR A LIVING!
Show me a politician that doesn't lie and I will show you a politician that is out of a job.

Presidential dishonesty, like so many things in life is deliberate and expected. We are mis-lead on matters so fundamental as war and peace. Lying to the public has become an entirely mundane matter

Politicians lie for a living. Good God people.

Yes, and I don't see why this simple concept is so hard to grasp?

It’s simple, all candidates who run for government offices claimed as a candidate that they will "tell the American people the truth," but when they win,they effectively declared their right to mislead whenever it suited their purpose

Are we that bigoted that we actually think that this country is or should be at war with Islam? It isn't Islam that is the enemy people. This is true here. I know MANY Muslims, They are very nice people. Just like there are nice people everywhere, some of you might feel that you are nice people. The Muslims I know are generous, friendly, funny, and warm.

We know the truth, this religion issue is just a scape goat for most people because they know the real reason is ugly. I saw on the new during the campaign that a parking lot owner would not let people park in his lot that was voting for Obama.

It was not a political party issue because he said nothing about Hillary, and these were his regular customers he was treating this way.

(Might have something to do with me being Pagan and not Christian.
)

How dare you make me laugh

Would you elect a Republican that is a Pagan? Or would that person have to hide it under the guise of being a Christian in order to garner your votes?

I'm a pragmatic kind of person, I pick the best of the two evils and who I see along with the shaft is going to give me a dinner and a movie.

Perhaps we do need a Muslim as a president. Why? We are at war with countries that were founded on Muslim values. As this country was founded on Christian values. (IE the Salem Witch Trials.)

Now,now, no mud slinging;that's different. That is Christianity.

The fact is that there are many examples of evil committed in the name of Christianity. For example those who disagreed with "official" church doctrine were persecuted or killed.

Many other people including Christians were brought before the Inquisition because they were teaching from the Bible instead of from "officially sanctioned" Roman Catholic Church materials.

So is a politician lying something that the American people should be shocked about? Of course not, we should expect them to lie, it's their job. It's our job as the Citizenry to put the best liar in office we can. You want someone that can negotiate a peace deal? Use a liar. A liar will have your intentions at heart while making the other guy think they are getting something. He has your best interests at heart only cause it's you that get them elected.

Funny you should mention this,when I hear a politician speak all I hear is lie, lie, mmm lie, damn lie!!!, statistic... aka lie.

People influence them better are the Citizens that have lots and lots of money. Remember they are after all American Politicians, they are in it for the paycheck and the perks. People that hand them a fat check garner more say so when it comes to policy time. It's the American Way after all.

This speaks for itself. And what most people don't know is that when a president hits the road say like a fund raising tour like Obama did in order to pack the party coffers, part of that bill is passed on to the taxpayer regardless of party affiliation.

www.fec.gov...

Remember you will hear WAY bigger lies out of Obama in the next 4 years. WAY bigger. So if he is lying about his religion. That is going to seem like small potatoes compared to the whoppers he is going to feed the American public over his term.

You mean way bigger than the one about him being Malcolm X long lost illegitimate son?

That one threw me for a loop

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Yes, I know,most people hate facing the truth but thank you for the response just the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
There is not a single thing he says, does, or thinks that aligns him with Islam.

New York Times - Obama, Man of the World

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

The words to what Obama calls 'one of the prettiest sounds on Earth' - which he knows by heart in Arabic - and which he repeats in 'first rate accent' -

Islam on line

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar.

Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest.

Ash-hadu alla ilaha illa-llah.

I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah.

Ash-hadu alla ilaha illa-llah.

I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah.

Ash-hadu anna Muhammadar-Rasulullah.

I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Ash-hadu anna Muhammadar-Rasulullah.

I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Hayya ‘ala-s-Salah, hayya ‘ala-s-Salah.

Hasten to the Prayer, hasten to the Prayer.

Hayya ‘ala-l-falah, hayya ‘ala-l-falah.

Hasten to real success, hasten to real success

La ilaha illa-llah

There is none worthy of worship but Allah.

How often do you think he has to practice it to keep it in 'perfect accent'??

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87
Obama isn't a Muslim, he said himself in the (close to) hour long talk in Cairo that he is a Christian.

This is where Obama's been spending his last 20 years -
It wasn't in a Muslim Mosque or a Christian Church (even though the
sign on the door said 'Christian' ... it was in a Black Liberation Theology cult.

Black Liberation theology

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

Obama's Church not your average Christian Church

Obama's religion is PANDER. He'll tell whoever his audience is what they want to hear. If he's in front of Muslims he quotes the Quran. If he's in front of Christians he claims to be a Christian (and he spews self messianic language :shk: ) . If he's on the left coast he ridicules those who 'cling to guns and religion'. His religion is PANDER.

Oh .. and saying that 'all politicians lie' so Obama's lies are no big deal ... that's LAME and WRONG to do. He shouldn't be let to get away with it. He says he is different. He says he stands for 'change, hope, unity, transparancy' .... but obviously with all the lies and broken promises, he doesn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you aware that past presidents have greeted the country they were visiting in Their language? Obama doing it is nothing new.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eight
Are you aware that past presidents have greeted the country they were visiting in Their language? Obama doing it is nothing new.

I posted nothing about Obama 'greeting the country in their own language'.

The New York Times article is from before Obama became POTUS - 2007

Obama is definately doing something new. Definately.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

Don't buy into this, I don't know where it came from but it's wrong. What this is talking about is the Nation Of Islam that was ran by Elijah Muhammad and now Louis Farrakhan. Your average black is not a part of this, they are of various Christian faiths.

This is a good example of mis-information guiding someone that doesn't know the truth.

He'll tell whoever his audience is what they want to hear.

Tell me one politician that has not done this?

Oh .. and saying that 'all politicians lie' so Obama's lies are no big deal ... that's LAME and WRONG to do. He shouldn't be let to get away with it.

You're right is it wrong but that's politics, that's government and none of then should be able to get away with it. Not just him.

The point of the OP post was just because he a Muslim it should not matter, but obviously it does.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I apologize...I misunderstood.

Maybe that is a sign i need to hit the sak-a-rooney

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eight
I don't know where it came from but it's wrong. What this is talking about is the Nation Of Islam that was ran by Elijah Muhammad and now Louis Farrakhan.

It's straight from James Cones .. the founder of Black Liberation Theology .. which is what Obama's Church proudly admits that it follows. Read the thread. The information is all there.

This is a good example of mis-information guiding someone that doesn't know the truth.

No. My information is absolutely accurate. Again - read the thread about the church and about Black Liberation Theology. Read the book by James Cones which Black Liberation Theology is based upon. It's practically their version of the bible.

The point of the OP post was just because he a Muslim it should not matter, but obviously it does.

The only reason his religion would matter is because it exposes his lies .

quick immediate edit

[edit on 6/8/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think the bigger issue here is not whether he is a Muslim or not; but the fact that it matters so much to people. So he reads a different book and calls his God by a different name. Just because a few bad guys were Muslim, there were plenty of good people who were Muslim too. Same with people of any faith.

If he lied about it, big deal; I'm pretty sure there have been worse lies told by people in positions of power.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You are correct about Black Theology,what i was trying to convey is that there is a specific group of blacks that follow this line of thought. Obama's church is not a representation of all black churches or black people.

Do you buy into every thing your pastor says? No, no one does and they aren't going to leave a church when they have been a long standing member.

And I disagree with the insinuation that only people of the Muslim faith lies,people of all faith and all races lie.

Being a Muslim president does not mean he will lie any more or less. Him being a politician means we expect him to lie and hopefully not that much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join