It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was wondering if someone could let me know if there are any good books about the Mayans and their calendars?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was just thinking the same thing. Not that actually pertaining to 2012 but other stuff and that there is a new calender starting in 2013 and who their gods were.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Popol Vuh is a great read, you should certainly check it out.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
"Unlocking the Secrets of 2012" by John Major Jenkins

Excellent introductory reading.

From annotation:

Did the ancient Mayans predict that the "world will end" in 2012 - or is that a modern misinterpretation of their true message? Respected author and researcher John Major Jenkins goes to the source to find the surprising answers: the original Mayan calendar found in the city of Izapa. Learn how the Mayan mystics based their myths and prophecies on a deep understanding of cycles, their beginnings, their endings, and how the impending cycle ending impacts our lives. According to Jenkins, the Mayan legacy offers the following teachings to help us understand 2012: What is the Galactic Alignment? The astronomical phenomenon predicted by the Mayans, and how it will affect us. Izapa as the origin place of the 2012 calendar and the "uncorrupted vision" of the early Mayan skywatchers. Living at the end of a cycle and practices drawn from Mayan spirituality that we can apply in our everyday lives. Beyond 2012 - transforming our consciousness so we can create and nurture a better world, and more.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
whenever i visited the ruins of Chichen Itza there were a considerable amount of books on ancient mayan theology and their calendar, i actually picked a calendar up for myself as a keepsake.
i wish i knew some of the authors, but i bet if you contacted some of the places that run some of the touring establishments they would be happy to send you some authors.
but i have compiled a small lists of books i have read and here they are

The World of the Ancient Maya by: John S. Henderson

Jaguar and Serpent by: Claus Deimel and Elke Ruhnau

MAYA: Divine Kings of the Rain Forest by: konemann

and my favorite:
The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness by: Carl Johan Calleman

hope these shed light on what you are looking for.

top topics

join