It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on pictures of soldiers abusing Iraqi's..

page: 1

join
share:
dz

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is just a random thought I had earlier tonight and it actually makes somewhat sense. Gimme a few minutes, and you'll understand why I think these pictures of soldiers abusing Iraqi's is actually a win-win situation.

To start off, let's take the Iraqi's. They obviously strongly hate Americans already.

Now take Americans. A majority of the people in this country dislike Iraqi's. Not just Iraqi's, but anyone that looks like a terrorist. It's a sad prejudice, but it's here.

Now here's where the pictures kick in. We have pictures of soldiers abusing Iraqi's. The Iraqi's see these pictures and are furious and demand retribution. So what we do is send these guys to court, and slowly but surely play this whole thing out of the media; kinda like what we did with capturing Osama. Anyone else notice how the whole "we must capture Osama" thing was slowly let go until we all forgot about it? So, now we are making the Iraqi's happy because they think "ya these soldiers hurt our men, and now the American government will punish them.. maybe the American's aren't that bad after all."

Now comes the Americans. The people that see these pictures see our soldiers pissing on the Iraqi. American's don't like terrorist anyways, so why would they think it's a bad thing? If anything, they like the idea. After all, these guys were trying to kill our soldiers. So if anything this boosts morale; we're getting revenge for our fallen soldiers. Those soldiers go on with their lives, none the different.

So as you see, everyone wins. Iraqi's get their retribution, and Americans get their morale boost.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There is no moral boost in what they have done.
Bull #ting them is not the answer.
These people need to be tried and if found guilty, made an example of.
You wouldn't be saying that if it was pictures of our troops having this done to them. We are supose to be going in there to put a stop to this # not do it!

dz

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying baked. But I'm asking you to look at this from the typical Joe "I Love America" Schmoe. Yes, I agree this is a bad thing and they should be tried. But you, I, and a majority of people on this bbs are here for a reason: we don't just take everything for face value. Normal American's do. That's why our President is not impeached yet. That's why he can get away with so much; because a majority of Americans are so blind with their patriotism that they don't see the harm. They just see our soldiers getting revenge for their fallen friends.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I can understand feelings of revenge and anger being there and seeing people you know and are close to die by the hands of an enemy. These soldiers are supose to be trained enough to behave like human beings, not monsters. I bet this makes most of our soldiers over there sick to see # like this, even if it is the enemy.

Now these are the pictures the world will think about when they see American troops on their soil. This should not be the case. This is not how our people should act.

Any "Joe Shmoe" that acts like this should be put away forever.
In saying this, I'm assuming that this was just some kind of fun for these soldiers with their thumbs up and stuff. I mean, they looked to be having a grand old time, with dead boddies laying around and what ever else was going on.

I will stoop to the level to say that in some rare instances where it's in the publics best interest to use torture. Sometimes there is no other way to get vital info.

This does not seem to be the case in these photos. I could be wrong, who knows? What baffels me the most is the stupidity of letting someone photograph you in these images. It's not even like they could say they didn't know they were being photographed.

How does one get to be a Brigadeer General being that stupid?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join