It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest UFO Picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This picture has to been the oldest i have ever seen.

The picture was taken back in 1929 and you can see the ufo pretty good

Picture

Alien Mind

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Alien Mind]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Looks like something, maybe water damage or a flaw on the camera. The people who took the picture didn't seem to think much of it.
Doesn't seem to be any context either.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is the first time ive seen this picture.
If this is truly from 1929 thats awesome!
Anyone ever seen an older picture?

-Fox

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Looks more like a ciggarette burn to me but still interesting, never seen this one before

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Looks like something, maybe water damage or a flaw on the camera. The people who took the picture didn't seem to think much of it.
Doesn't seem to be any context either.

Now that you mention it, it could be a water mark for sure.
-Fox

[edit on 7-6-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This is a good site referencing ufo pictures from 1870 to today. Your picture is on there also.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Guz

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Cigarette burn or water marks are good guesses but the scratches that move across the 'mark' don't seem to have any 3D pespective to them. In other words, the scratches on top of the water mark or cigarette burn should have changed direction slightly due to a ridge or a change in texture which makes me think the image is part of the photo. It is interesting that someone wrote on the picture because photos were rare then and common practice would have been to write on the back, in addition to the fountain pen ink probably not being absorbed by the paper. I think the writing is from a later date.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is one I have never seen. I look forward to seeing what some of the resident experts have to say. It is interesting no matter what.. thanks for sharing this OP.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This is one of my favorites from the old ones. Still unsolved, a great mystery!

"The Battle of LA": www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Here is the story from the link above regarding your picture.

"1929-SlideWard-Colorado Ward Sawmill, April-This incident is retold by the photographers daughter: "This photo was taken by my father Edward Pline at the sawmill in Ward where we lived at the time. I think it was 1929. I was about six years old then. My father was there to photograph the sawmill for some reason or another, and as he was taking the photo, he described a 'terrible thunderous bellow,' and a large round thing as big as a very large boulder that moved through the air above them. You can see it in the picture. None of the sawmill workers saw the thing in the photo, but they all heard the sound and felt the ground shudder. Later in my life I tried researching the incident at the County Historical Society, but I did not find any references to it. My father passed on a few years after the incident, and I have not found any surviving sawmill workers from that time." Hetty Pline"

Guz

edit to add: Sounds like they may have heard a sonic boom?

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Guzzeppi]

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I love the older ones . might hush all the cgi experts on this thread.
and let old school photographers and developers use their experience to its authenticity great find.
keep up the good work

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

Yes the battle of LA is one of my favorites too but next time.. try a source other than rense. Its not exactly looked upon as the most respected source. There is a military museum online that has a full section about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I know, thanks Nephra. It was the first one that came up in my search. It looked like they might have got that story right.

Guz

new topics

top topics

join