It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Hires PR Wizard to Fight HR 1207 Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

As HR 1207 gains momentum and co-sponsors in the House of Representatives, the Federal Reserve is planning to fight the tide calling for an audit of its books by hiring a veteran lobbyist to “manage its relations with Congress,” according to Reuters.

The Fed plans to hire Linda Robertson, who previously worked for now-defunct energy company Enron, as well as the Clinton administration. She is currently head of government, community and public relations at The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. Robertson “spent eight years in senior positions at the Treasury Department, working for three secretaries: Lloyd Bentsen, Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers,” a bio posted on The John Hopkins University website states.

Robert Rubin, as secretary of the Treasury, recommended that Congress pass legislation to reform or repeal the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, while Lawrence Summers in the same capacity organized the looting of Russia, stripping one trillion dollars from Russia’s struggling economy in the name of the bankers.

“Members of Congress have chafed at the Fed’s bold use of its emergency powers and in particular its multibillion-dollar bailouts of investment bank Bear Stearns and insurer American International Group,” Reuters continues. “Critics also bristle at the Fed’s practice of maintaining the confidentiality of the companies that borrow directly from the central bank on the grounds that divulging their names would risk runs on those institutions.”

Source: www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

first of all, I'm all about this bill. But dude. your picture. who the hell is that? because it looks like the lovechild of Obama and Doubleya. Its really eerie haha is that an actual person? or did you do one of those "put two faces together" things with both of their pictures?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngoogs
reply to post by Diplomat

first of all, I'm all about this bill. But dude. your picture. who the hell is that? because it looks like the lovechild of Obama and Doubleya. Its really eerie haha is that an actual person? or did you do one of those "put two faces together" things with both of their pictures?

It's a morph of Obama and Bush because they might as well be the same person. They're both puppets working for the same people.

And I'm all about this bill also, every American should be, but the Federal Reserve is obviously not all about this bill, and it is pretty disturbing that they are now hiring PR people to lobby congress.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a great bill. Thanks for posting this article. I'll be watching the progress.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
good call on that one lol it was really striking to me so I had to ask. But yeah, I think its an absolute outrage that the Fed is against this. I would like to know when government transparency is a bad thing. They are spending OUR money - should we not get to know on what, where, when and why they are spending it?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngoogs

They are spending OUR money

Exaclty! Keep this thread going!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well,,,, the bill is for transparency and an audit,,,,,,something a legit,,,law abiding ,wink winkgov't body( even though privately owned) would fear

what are they scared of???

this should at least wake up the sleeping masses that something funny is going on here,,,,,

why are they lobbying against this,,, and preparing for a fight over this

makes you wonder right?????

wake up john Q public

some other guy had a bill similar toi 1207,,, yet higher ups gutted his bill into something much weaker and to "their" liking

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well,,,, the bill is for transparency and an audit,,,,,,something a legit,,,law abiding ,wink winkgov't body( even though privately owned) would fear

what are they scared of???

this should at least wake up the sleeping masses that something funny is going on here,,,,,

why are they lobbying against this,,, and preparing for a fight over this

makes you wonder right?????

wake up john Q public

some other guy had a bill similar toi 1207,,, yet higher ups gutted his bill into something much weaker and to "their" liking

new topics

top topics

join