It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you really want a cure for everything?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have read a lot of threads on ATS regarding the pharma companies and the money they make off our illnesses.

Whatever the illness or condition, you'll find a conspiracy for it.

Have you ever thought though about the consequences of there being a cure for everything? No cancer, no flu related deaths, no smoking related deaths, no deaths from viruses and bacteria.

There are many more conditions that people die of, so imagine all those could be cured too.

That would leave our deaths in the hands of accidents, natural disasters, murders and death from old age. Now i haven't got any statistics that could show you how many extra people we would have on the planet, but it would be one hell of a lot!

How crowded would it be? Could you live like that?

Of course i'd love to see cures for everything, i have loved ones that could do with a cure or two, but looking at the bigger picture, i could imagine the over population being horrendous, and the governments carrying out culls every once in a while to keep the numbers down!

CX.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I have thought of people in the numers there might be - and it's really not a big difference. Most people who die of disease do so after they have reproduced (or not), number one, so the numbers would be nowhere near as large as you think.

And also, this planet has enough to provide for those who are here ten times over, at least. That we have it all so badly managed is not a reflection on what could be harmoniously and healthily produced.

So... Yeah. I think we DO want to eliminate disease. Especially if we also allow women to control their own bodies. In such countries as allow that now, population growth is leveling off or even going negative.

I am sure things could be worked out regardless. And the ethical choice is to cure the diseases.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The answer to this problem is for humanity to move-off world, and I can guarantee you A LOT of people will want to do that.

However the Powers-That-Be won't allow that to happen because they want to control us and keep up the caste system by keeping us grounded on Earth.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The universe consists of more than just this planet.

I'd also like to see a cure for murders and natural disasters.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

All disease and aging will be cured, and scarcity economics will vanish around the same time. Superintelligence will be created in the form of AI or augmented humans. This is what is known as technological singularityWe will have decisions to make about bringing new human beings into this world, for a few moments, but it is a large universe out there and anything is possible. Think positive. :-)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Being a person that has dealt with illness my entire life, and recently having my life practically diminished into nothing but doctors appointments, surgery, and hospital says , yes I do wish there were a cure for everything.

I've never been able to live a "normal" life due to being sick and being born with the disability that I have.
I've dealt with everything from disgusting bone infections that were drug resistant and having half my foot cut off to more common things that go along with my disability,
To even question the idea of it "being a bad idea" for illness to be cured is just outlandish to me, and clearly coming from someone who has not truly suffered health issues and if they have then I don't know what the heck is wrong with them.

I would do anything to just live a few days without the problems that I have, just one day would be enough just to know what it's like to not be like THIS.

I'd do anything for a good nights sleep where I don't have to worry if I am going to wake up in the morning but other times, I'd welcome it.

But life goes on, it has made me stronger and given me an trait must humans lack, empathy and understanding.
I don't so much care about the things I go through, but more for the people who have it much worse then I ever have I would do anything give up anything live a less "convent" life to take away the emotional and physical pain from the children who suffer much worse then I could even imagine I'd do anything to take their pain away, I'd do anything to give the dignity and self respect back to grown adults who have been reduced to such a state where they can't even take care of their own bathroom habits I don't care about politics behind it, I don't care of the social impact, I don't care about any of that because when it comes down to the physical and mental well being of a person that's the only true thing that matters.
No one deserves to suffer the way that some people do and if some people find it an inconvenience in the cure they are simply selfish and are the ones it should really happen to, and then maybe their skewed thought process will be put into a humanity reality check.

And over population is a joke, if people lived a more low impact life style instead of being a self centered hungry over consumer we would not have to deal with the issues we are dealing with today, we wouldn't have to deal with them no matter how many people were on earth it would take so many years to even come to that conclusion.

There's plenty of land that can be lived in, we don't have to have sky scrappers and condos everywhere we live but people are much to fragile to even fathom the idea of living as one with nature.

I'd honestly live in a shack with bunks wall to wall if it meant another human being didn't have to suffer from health issues and be prisoners inside their own bodies.

Sorry but I personally can not even fathom for one moment where you are coming from, not for a second.
To me it is laughable and almost disgusting that someone would even see this as being a concern no offense but it's just how I feel and I can not lie.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Hang in there! Soon we will have genetic therapies and nanotech that will be able to cure all disease including yours! Do whatever you can to stay alive for a couple more decades. You will be cured and aging will be stopped and even reversed. This is not a crazy claim! :-)

new topics

top topics

join