It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 FIFA World Cup thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Congratulations to Spain and bad luck to Netherlands. Both teams had their chances and Spain came out the stronger team in the end. As for me, I am going to finally head off to bed where I will hopefully get to dream about scoring the final goal of the World Cup!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well that is the best World Cup that I've ever experienced. I was disappointed by the Final (IF that doesn't set the record for fouls and cards I don't know what will, the ref should EBAY that whistle) but so many great things came out of it regardless. It was great to see some of the less famous countries competing with the bigger ones. I really liked South Korea, they deserved to beat Uruguay. North Korea showed a lot of class against Brazil. It was great to see America get record viewership of the games. There was a good spirit in the whole thing I think. I don't particularly like Spain's style but they are the best and had what it takes to win their country's first World Cup ever. It's neat how this sort of unified Spain as well. One of the commentators said he thinks we will all come away from this changed, and I think he is right.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Really? I would honestly say that was possibly the worst world cup I've ever watched

It was pretty bad.

There were 3-4 good games and only 3-4 good goals?

Oh well.... Different strokes for different folks.

I think atmosphere and location was perfect, shame about the football really.

[edit on 11/7/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Maybe it's the first time I really appreciated what was going on, but I thought a lot of the games were great. I like the simple things. I'm used to the high dollar players and forwards often having a hard time at world cups and really like to see teamwork instead. I LOVED Germany and Mueller deserved to be in the semi-final. I loved the style of Argentina though it burned them and it was cool to see Maradona as coach.

I don't know, maybe it wasn't about the football this time - this time it seemed more of a celebration, I wish it was looked at that way more, instead of all this "pressure" on teams to get a result - countries like England who are way too hard on their players and feel entitled to the World Cup are what I don't like. Realizing that when America gets to the knockout stage we go crazy, and England fans are like "whatever' when they get through. I want a country to win that's fans are going to appreciate it. I liked to see the underdogs make their countries proud, and I think they all did - except a few maybe.

This final it was awful how much the players played hurt and got in the Ref's face. So many of them deserved RED, and the Ref took the high road. Overall though, the refereeing was bad throughout. The final was one of the worst games to me. But if people enjoyed it I'm happy about that. It was very physical, which can be great, would be great but it's ruined by the acting and the appeals for cards from players, I started to think this was one of the worst examples of acting and bad sportsmanship and it's the one 1/6th of the world is watching.

The kick to the chest on Xabi Alonso was horrible but at least the guy doing the kicking pulled back a little to cushion the blow. I clapped when Alonso got up
lol. I wonder if he might have a fractured rib, couldn't tell if the kicker had on studs or cleats.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Its over! Ha ha ha... What a anti-climax!! Another extra-time 1-0 victory by Spain...

Anyway, At least it gave South Africa the chance to hold the Football World Cup!

And who says football dosnt bring people together???

Did you see the streets of Madrid?? Well over a hundred thousand there watching the game.

And Ill tell you what, I wish I was in Madrid tonight! Its gonna get messy there!!

Anyway, ROLE ON BRAZIL 2014!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I agree on some aspects, was nice that it was more teamwork than individuals and stuff.

But every world cup there are always underdogs.

South Korea got to the Semi's in 2002.... An African team always surprises... a big team always goes out at the group stage.
There was nothing that happened in this world cup that doesn't usually happen.

But I did like the location and It wasn't an awful tournament.... it was fine, just compared to past world cups I remember, it wasn't one of the best.

And yes, The refereeing in the whole tournament was awful, the diving, many things... the games never flowed very well.
But then that's the modern game unfortunately.

Alonso getting studded in the chest was horrible.

All in all I enjoyed it but after waiting 4 years for it.... it was quite a let down.

Still watched most games and enjoyed the event as a whole.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh yeah, just remmemberd.

I watched the game on BBC 1 here in the UK.
And as the World Cup finished, they did their take on the Movie District 9.

Which went like this-

The spaceships were the stadiums. They turned up in 2009.

In 2010 they opend up and the World sent its best... Etc.
Then they flew away..

Im just waiting for this to be picked up in the UFO forum.
Either as disclosure or conditioning for disclosure.

I think the best match of the Tournement was England Vs Germany....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
When does the World Cup start? Does the U.S. have a team playing this year?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

....serious?

It finished Today. Its been going for the past month.
USA had a team but where knocked out.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join