It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 FIFA World Cup thread

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Yeah, I thought he was going to score but even though it was a breakaway it never looked easy to me. I thought the goalie was positioned perfectly, but I thought Suarez would show us something special and pull it off. It is unfortunate because Forlan was apprently wide open just out of view. I guess the option would have been to take another touch with the right foot and threaten to dribble "round the keeper." Then take it from there, either to Forlan or for the shot.

I really don't know who to pull for today. I just hope it's a classy game, and they do not sit back. I want to see Van Bronkhorst take another shot and Puyol to get forward some
Van Bronkhorst's goal... I was like, "I didn't even know that would work." The goalie had time to walk over to the far post and then jump vertically to catch it, but it beat him lol, and probably would beat anyone, but it seemed kind of weird.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yeah how ever far they want to take the use of technology, I'll be fine if they want to do full on replays like American Football. I just know they will always keep it limited and I'll be happy with their choices.

Ideally I would like to have goal line technology, but they BETTER set it right, lol. And I wouldn't mind full on replays for anything that decides a penalty, or any situation where a goal might be disallowed.

One thing bad about the 3rd place match. That young left back on Germany deserved a RED CARD, bad. But I was happy the ref did not show it because that would have all but ruined the game. That kid deserved to be subbed out for that, just a ridiculous tackle - the coaches sometimes need to step up - I think Dunga should have subbed Kaka after he got the yellow, another example if not to protect him and end the drama (But my dad said he might have gone for the second yellow so he'd have a clean slate as the 3rd game for them was academic)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Looking forwards to the final tonight - hoping for a Spanish win, as they were my tip

I think that spain have played the best football this tourney, and I love the way they play, with superb possession, movement and tactical nous.

Ok, poppping the ball around the way Spain do is not everyones cup of tea, but I really like technical, strategic football - and spain do it as well as anyone.

Hoping that Holland will give them a good game, but that Spain prevail.

I don't expect many goals, and I'm going to say 2-1 to spain.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, Im up nice an early so hopefully its worth it

Should be able to get another hour sleep b4 i go to work too

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone know someplace on line I can LISTEN to the game tonight?
I don' tneed to see it but I'd love to listen to it.

Thanks tons!

GO DUTCH!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Cmon the dutch!!!

4am is too early to be yelling like this..sigh

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

four AM? Where in the world do you live? Western Europe?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
FIFA Play by Play

Better than nothing

GO DUTCH!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's a shame the Dutch have resorted to thuggery - really they should have had 2 players sent off.

If Van Bommel and De Jong don't watch themselves, they'll be off, and then it's game over.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
YAY! I found it LIVE (radio)...

Listen Live

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Into extra time we go... I don't really like either of these teams. The Dutch should have a few red cards, Puyol should have one too after obstructing Robben's breakaway. I am glad the ref didn't give any though as it would have ruined the game. Van Persie gets on my nerves - he calls for EVERY ball, waving his arms and yelling at his teammates. He's not OPEN, he should move and get open instead of jogging, yelling, and waving his hand all day. He's playing the "woe is me but I'm trying so hard" and acting like he's trying. If he'd spend less time acting he'd have the energy to do something.

Not impressed by this final...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
An awesome game so far...I am now of the opinion that Football takes more skill than the pigskin version...and way more stamina. It's my first full game (I only pay attention to championship games/series in any sport anywayz)...

I'm hoping for penalty kicks...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Final 15 has just begun.
Unreally real.
Torres has a shot to be a National Hero...
Wow...

Come On HOLLAND!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Spain wins! Yes I'm going to hang my flag high today!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
aaaarrgggghhhhh

Why was a goal kick given instead of a corner?

NOT HAPPY JAN

Well done Spain, but Damn I wish Netherlands took the cup home, they played best the whole tournament.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I told you so...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

*slaps Hellmutt into next year

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
And thanks everyone for keeping this thread going for a year with how ATSers should behave
We all played nicely...mostly till I threatened violence against Hellmutt. It was fun doing the tournament with y'all.

Cheers Zazz

[edit on 11-7-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I beat Paul the Octopus by 6 days.

He correctly predicted a win for Spain against the Netherlands in the World Cup final on 11 July by eating the mussel in the box with the Spanish flag on it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

I'm hoping for penalty kicks...

Sacrilege!!!!

Penalties are anathema!

Well, I said Spain way before the tourney started, and the didn't disappoint.

A wonderfully technical team has beaten a team hell bent on trying to kick them out of the game

Well done Spain, World Champions 2010.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join