It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 FIFA World Cup thread

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

You know Spain will win! I bet you they'll win. Us, Latinos are God's at soccer.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
España ganó!!

Hopefully it will be a great final match, this match was a bit boring - nice to see them reach the final against The Netherlands though - May the best team win!

Viva España

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Interesting post on ATS right now:

that guy claim that he came from the near future and said that the final result of world cup this year will be Holland beat Spain by 2:1

that was posted on june 13th

edit to add: you need to translate from chinese to english using google or whatever

[edit on 7/7/2010 by tribewilder]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Damn that result!
SPain have played rubbish bar this one game.

Go the Dutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

LOL who is this dude?
Thats too funny, Hellmutt predicted the same, maybe its Hellmutt? OH wait he said that SPain will win....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Netherlands won and Spain won, so that was two out of three. If Spain also beats Netherlands in the final, I'll make a hat-trick.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

sshhhhhhhh

stop jinxing us.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I bet that Spain will win! Who are your picks to win next week?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Damn that result!

Totally agree. The Spanish team that played last night looked totally different than any of their previous games in the tournament. The ball control was awesome and they controlled the pace of the entire game.
At least we'll have a 1st time champion of the WC. I just hope it's a solid game and not determined by a penalty shootout.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Paul the "psychic octopus" maintains his 100% accuracy prediction rate. Poor creature is getting death threats from German fans angry over his correct prediction that Spain would advance. At least he is getting praise from Spanish fans though...lol.

Paul the psychic octopus

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hup Holland Hup

The Oranje lion is gonna eat the Spanish bull.

Leaving for holiday today so I'll be watching among the frustrated Frenchies. Have a great final everyone!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
i am going to eat calamari all weekend in protest of stooopid paul the octopus prediction.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

i am going to eat calamari all weekend in protest of stooopid paul the octopus prediction.

Was Paul the "Lovely" octopus correct again?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Damn that result!

Go the Dutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im hoping for a 10-10 draw and then Holland wining 97-96 in the penalty shootout

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks like Paul the octopus was right again! Germany captured it's fourth bronze medal. No other country has won more then two. Looks like Spain will win the championship. I'm going to have to dust off my Spanish flag early. Happy playing Dutch!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That was the first time I have watched football for longer than 2 minutes; I caught almost an hour of it. Not a bad sport and I caught two really excellent goals...the last one from Uruguay was epic...

I guess I'll be watching the final tomorrow...now...who to root for?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Too bad the crowd kept booing Luis Suarez in the great 3rd place match. I don't think the African continent quite understands the beautiful game. The handball off the line is an instant red card, a sacrifice for the team. Then the other team gets a penalty kick. Their man missed the penalty. It's him they should be booing.

If this was in America, and Americans were booing him unfairly, you know they would get no sympathy, so why should those supporting Ghana?

If Suarez was ever at fault, it was his reaction when the Ghana forward missed the penalty, he could have played that a bit more cool... but that's not an excuse for them to give him a hard time.

Really it shows the bad side of Africa, and I wont be pulling for any teams from that continent in the next World cup. That's just an overall reaction, not because of the fans but also because of their playing style. Africa was shining and hosting so well (frankly given the benefit of the doubt as well) until they decided to be bitter and blame everything on Suarez. It's really bad. There is supposed to be class when it comes to football, you are supposed to have an appreciation that surpasses win and lose if you are a football fan, and you shouldn't hold a grudge to things that are really circumstance.

A wonderful 3rd place match. Diego Forlan is one of the best players to ever grace the pitch, and I only regret not knowing him before this world cup.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
That was the first time I have watched football for longer than 2 minutes; I caught almost an hour of it. Not a bad sport and I caught two really excellent goals...the last one from Uruguay was epic...

I guess I'll be watching the final tomorrow...now...who to root for?

You want to know who to root for? Root for Spain. They need all the fan fair they can get!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Too late...I arbitrarily chose when I heard the Dutch referred to as The Clockwork Orange...

Such are decisions made when one is ignorant to the game...

I won't be terribly upset if Spain wins though, if that helps at all...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well Paul the octopus picked Spain to win and that octopus has never been wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join