It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 FIFA World Cup thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We need 4 nil thiss final half
cmon australia...Goal!!!!!! R to go

[edit on 23-6-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm rooting for Australia, but come on Ghana....just one goal!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We played so well and won! But not enough to get us through!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wide open game with Australia great game and exciting..

[edit on 6/23/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5c372a76b3c.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OMG! England scored a goal!

Shocker!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Ah well, it was a galant effort in the end. At least we finish the world cup on a high

And we got more points than the awful, cheating, whining French...thats a win in my book

Im a bit confused of who to go for when England play Germany...do I go for the country where My Dad and grandfather was, or do I go for the the coutnry where my distant relatives are from...dilemma dilemma

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just finished watching the U.S. vs Algeria game......WOW! That was a crazy game. We had recorded it on the DVR and watched it tonight (had to stay away from all websites today so I wouldn't find out what happened) The entire family was on our feet screaming when Donovan scored.

Congrats to England as well. Now I can cheer for them again

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Ah well, it was a galant effort in the end. At least we finish the world cup on a high

Yes, if only our intensity was as good in the opening game against Germany. That 4-0 loss was not only devastating to our goal difference, it was a huge psychological blow too.

And we got more points than the awful, cheating, whining French...thats a win in my book

Well, at least they have progressed further than the 2nd round in a World Cup... Throwing mud at a team that has achieved far more than Australia is no real consolation.

Im a bit confused of who to go for when England play Germany...do I go for the country where My Dad and grandfather was, or do I go for the the coutnry where my distant relatives are from...dilemma dilemma

Which one is closer to your heart?

[edit on 24/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Well, at least they have progressed further than the 2nd round in a World Cup... Throwing mud at a team that has achieved far more than Australia is no real consolation.

Yes, but how many people do they have and how long has soccer been their major sport?

I just dont like teams that whine all the time. I mean, if anyone had a case, it was the Irish, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If you think about it -The World Cup has turned out like WW2, The French surrendered,the USA arrive last minute and we're left to fight the Germans.

Can't take credit for this, saw it on FB, but funny all the same

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

OH PURLSEEEEASE!!

last time I heard that sung, I was in a pub full of EDL muppets,p lease don't ask why
. (and muppets is a edited version of what I'd like to call them) I had to remind them of what number they were up to, as they have trouble counting backwards from 10. *facepalm*

Anyway, screw the hatred, England and USA are through!! Well done to both of us.

Tentativley looking forward to England germany. But #ing it all the same. And for the poster who wants penalities, you must be a Kraut!!
(no offence if you are btw, it ain't gonna happen
(I hope)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If all of the results go as expected and England were to win the World Cup our run in would look like this:

Last 16: Germany
Quarter Final: Argentina
Semi Final: Spain
Final: Brazil

Talk about doing it the hard way

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Slovakia is trying to pull off the stunner, they are up 1-0 over the Italians. Im hoping they can hang on.

Wishing the Kiwi team luck as well. Both wins would shake up the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
If you think about it -The World Cup has turned out like WW2, The French surrendered,the USA arrive last minute and we're left to fight the Germans.

Can't take credit for this, saw it on FB, but funny all the same

+1 That is hilarious....and true

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Be serious. England has no chance against Germany. (Unless they turtle and try to take it to penalties.)

I guess it's healthy for you to dream though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Ah! Well, prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark egg on your face!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have mustard ready lol. You prepare to have your dreams crushed by the heavy boot of Die Mannschaft.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

You prepare to have your dreams crushed by the heavy boot of Die Mannschaft.

Hmm, sounds sexy, I can't wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join