It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 FIFA World Cup thread

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

.....Look at how they are playing?

Seriously how can we be FAILING sooooooo badly!?!?!

We need to win the last game now.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Next game take rooney and Heskey off and play Defoe and Crouch.

Rooney Just doesn't wanna be here and Heskey just shouldn't be here.

.....Why am I not the England Manager???

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As usual England disappoints her fans.

One of the top favourites to win it, they won't even make it out of the group stage.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Whats in the water in South Africa, cripes...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
God awful play and rooney just sad to watch. Well done algeria, I think the us can still go through if the smash algeria?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There is a conspiracy here, because someone must have the England squads WAGS held captive in a room filled with very heavy weaponry in order for them to play as badly as that.

That display was dire. Probably the worst England game I've seen.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The Wags were being held hostage by Posh forcing them to wear her new Summer collection of shoulder padded dresses.

I love Gerard, but his comment end of game was disgraceful about Algeria.
:down:

6 am i need to go to sleep.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Absolutely the worst England game I've seen in such a long time, maybe ever?

They deserved to be Booed off the pitch and Rooney was clearly pissed off at being booed off.... but **** him man.... He's been non-existent in this world cup so far.

Oh well, If we beat Slovenia we're through, but are we honestly gonna get past Germany.... Or anyone playing that way?

Absolutely pathetic... :shk:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just confirmed everything I thought about England, scared of the ball, no imagination, no composure. I thought maybe I was being too negative about Englands first performance, but they are dire.

Yes we can still qualify if we win, but are these the displays we want to be showing off to the world. We invented the game for gods sake

CX

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I didn't see the end of the match, but going by the comments from Rooney, i do think he has a point to a degree.

Yes they played crap, but did they do it on purpose? Course not.

I know it's not the time and place to play crap, but as far as the supporters are concerned, you can't blame Rooney or the team for being a little annoyed.

I class myself as a bit of a footie outsider, i used to play a lot up to my teens, then went the boxing route instead. Now i rarely follow football except in the world cup, but one thing i have noticed is this...

They always say English fans are the best in the world. I agree, they are when it's all going great.

When they have a bad game though the loyal fans turn on the team like a pack of wolves. If our team doesn't do well, it's rarely, "Hard luck lads, maybe next time".

Players become a hate target.

It's burning effigys at every lamp post...how sad is that?

I think i'd be tempted to say a lot worse than Rooney did.

So as for Rooney's comments, i think he made a very good point. Fans baying for their blood is hardly a great way of motivating the players for the next match.

CX.

PS: ENGERLAAAAAAND!!!!

[edit on 18/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Go England!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Rooney WTF?

England WTF?

The Slovenians must be loving this
I reckon they are through for sure now!!

Big night for us Aussies tonight....hope we shut up those arrogant Ghana supporters who are saying we are going to get massacred

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well Germany lost to Serbia....thats the biggest what the hell of the game so far for me....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The Wags were being held hostage by Posh forcing them to wear her new Summer collection of shoulder padded dresses.

The World Cup just got more interesting...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well Germany lost to Serbia....thats the biggest what the hell of the game so far for me....

I think the Swiss beating the European champions Spain was the biggest shock for me. I mean in terms if skill, us and the Swiss are pretty close. However unlike us, they actually turned up to play, lol

Well done to Slovenia, Serbia and Algeria too. All those teams came up against formidable opposition

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Still in a state of shock.

England have bottled it again.

Everyone of those players, allegedly some of the best in the world, just haven't got the will to win or the ability to rise to the occassion.

I have been Rooney's biggest fan but he deserve a good kicking for saying what he did after the game.

A lot of people who are on a fraction of what he earns have saved for years and travelled thousands of miles to watch that complete and utter shambles.
They deserve better.
At least a few of the players admitted after the game that it just wasn't acceptable!

They qualified so convincingly, they are the same players, playing opposition who, with all due respect, aren't much better than what we faced in qualification, so what is the problem?

Bottle!

Let's see how big their balls are now!

I have been let down by England so many times, but this is the lowest of the low....100 grand a week to play like a complete set of twats!

CX

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

100 grand a week to play like a complete set of twats!

Maybe thats the problem.

I wonder how they would play if there was a different kind of pay system?

CX.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I suggested it last night to a load of dejected mates.... but I think we should do something drastic.

BAN all Premier league/top flight players from playing for England and let Championship players take their place.
Let people who want to play for their country and who have pride and bottle and a desire to do well, take over and show these overpaid, pampered, live-in-a-bubble dick-heads what playing for England should mean.

Obviously I want the best players and so on.... but these guys have got so complacent and just have no drive or passion.... It's so sad to see.

And I agree.... the fans were right to boo them and Rooney should shut the **** up...

Gerry and Crouch and a few others totally understood why they were booed and actually felt bad for the fans...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

But these players can play well together, they proved it in qualifying and other games.
They have the potential to be up there with the very best.
And I genuinely believe Rooney, Gerrard and the majority of them WANT to play for England, unlike the John Barnes's of yesteryear.
But something is drastically wrong.

We have 2 very good attacking full-backs who are scared witless to go out of their own half.
Lennon and SWP are exceptionally fast but daren't take any defenders on, (probably because neither of them is capable of crossing a ball!).
The midfield all look like cabon copies of The Crab himself, Ray Wilkins.
Heskey is, well he's Heskey.
And Rooney must be frustrated as hell because he is getting no service at all.
He is dropping far too deep to get some possession.

But they seem to have just froze and don't seem to have the bottle for the big stage despite all their experience in The Premier & Champions League's?

Of course we have o put our disapointment behind us and get behind the team...but as much as I like him, Rooney still deserves a good kicking!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join