It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 FIFA World Cup thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Cant believe Spain just lost

Wow

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Almost as bad as Aussie going down 4-0 to the Gerries eh?

Loving how these big teams are getting a hard time from opponents they are most likely underestimating. Makes for good football.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Now that everyoone's played one game thing's should start cranking up a bit.

Teams that didn't do well in their first game know another poor performance could mean curtains for them.

Teams will be more attacking and more goals should be scored....I hope.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

BREAKING NEWS

A new Swiss cheese will be brought to the market. Swiss cheese without holes!!!

Fernandes

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Swiss played a great game, and Freeborn I agree, first games down, now things actually get interesting

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ring those cow bells for the Swiss huh?
It was a scrappy goal, but a goal nether the less..

Anyway, RSA Vs Uruguay was a good game.
Forlans first goal was class!!
And must admit, Suraez went over easy, but it was a blatent penalty.
Suprised how quickly the stadium emptyed after that and the sending off.
Good game though!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeahhhh URUGUAY!! we played very good

It was an enjoyable match!

Diego Forlan is fantastic player!
I just heard he's- first player in the world cup to score 2 goals in the same match .

So Oz.... u were saying we were just luckY? - here again?
alright...
lol

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Yeah, he's the Top scorer with 2 goals!

I always wonder, how the Commentators on the game here in the UK always mention his spell at Man Utd, and how much of a disaster it was.
Although now, he's a goal machine.
Top scorer at his Spanish team too.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Yeah, he's the Top scorer with 2 goals!

I always wonder, how the Commentators on the game here in the UK always mention his spell at Man Utd, and how much of a disaster it was.
Although now, he's a goal machine.
Top scorer at his Spanish team too.

hey, great nick.

Yeah, I think all the players have some kind of a bad period in their football history- even the top ones

I like Suarez as well, and he's a great person btw.
And Cavani was horrible this match. And apparently he scores a lot in Italy. Oh well.

very happy with the results anyway

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes you played well this time, lol

All you need is probably a draw with Mexico and I think you will be through to the next round. Although that depends on what Mexico and France do today of course

Im all fired up for those Ghana a-holes....no matter how bad another team plays, you dont come out and label a country "weak" like the Ghana players labelled us

Just for that I hope we destroy them

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LOL
its all in the tactics....they know psychologically the aussies are down, Ghana are a very good team, and will be hard for us to beat.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

LOL
its all in the tactics....they know psychologically the aussies are down, Ghana are a very good team, and will be hard for us to beat.

I agree

In saying that though, we have some players that play extraordinarily well under pressure, like Kewell, Schwarzer and Bresciano. Hopefully Pim keeps to how we play normally this time....

Im going to be watching on Saturday for sure!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
still very astonished that swiss has beaten the european champion spain
amazing little country :thu:

congrats to uruguay - great game and great show
enjoyed it

and now lets the smack talk for round 2 begin

all is fine

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Looking forward to the next round, definately going to heat up now. I expect a lot more goals. It could be wide open this tournament as no team apart from germany has really satrted firing

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

LOL

Come on. They are not that tough. We've beaten them with 4-1 two weeks ago. I know that the Dutch and Australian team are incomparable, but Australia can do much better than what they have shown against Germany. Although I cannot deny that Germany played well, Australia simply underperformed. The fact that we have always had problems in friendlies with Australia confirms that.

I'll be rooting for you Aussies next Sunday!

Anyhow, it could become very interesting. Chiellini has indicated that the Azzurri will do everything to finish first so that they will avoid to play against us in the round of 16. Guess they are still in shock of the crushing 3-0 victory at the EC of 2008. Since then, our team has only matured while the Italian squad has only gotten worse.

If Spain finishes 2nd (which could well happen considering the strong performance of Chile), we'd already have Spain-Brazil in the round of 16!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
N.Z to draw with Italy, Paraguay and Slovakia to draw as well.. N.Z to beat Paraguay and Italy to beat Slovakia in 3rd round of group fixtures.

That is my dream. If the All Whites can get top the Quarter Finals, it'll be amazing. Best day ever.

Hope Ghana thrash Australia, hope Ivory Coast put up a fight against Brazil.. This will be very good. Quite disappointed about South Africa getting beaten by Uruguay, not that surprised, would of hoped they'd put up a bigger fight.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I wish I had left Higuain in my ATS team. Would have given me 12 points + probably man of the match reward.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Swiss played a great game, and Freeborn I agree, first games down, now things actually get interesting

Which makes me very happy that the U.S. got England in the 1st game because I wouldn't want to play them again any time soon.
I like the statement that Landon Donovan made about Slovenia; "If we can't beat Slovenia then we don't deserve to be here." I believe it's a true statement but on the flip side gives Slovenia a lot to get their team fired up over for Friday's game.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
[color=#66ffff]argentina vs [color=#b20000]south corea

4 : 1
2nd best game in the whole cup so far
although the 1:0 for argentina was an own goal of a corean

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Germany were quite good but, no disrepect intended, they weren't up against much.

tomorrow afternoon against serbia will be much tougher for the germans
but they will manage
:thu:

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join