It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern day events that looked like the Apocalypse. Are they signs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

It does, and it says the same damn thing that I'm telling you it says. Now hey, I understand you don't believe me, everything I've gathered from your posts alludes to you looking forward to the end of the world, since you - like the other 2.3 billion Christians on the face of the earth believe that you are one of the very few your god will save. Whether this longing for the end days is a desire to spend an eternity worshiping before said god's throne, or just an extreme case of schadenfreude from you wanting to see everyone else on the world be tormented, die, and then spend an eternity in torture, I dunno. Either way I think you're a bit daft.

But Jesus is very clearly giving a warning, one more important than anything to do with hte "end times" - He warns of his gospel being used and preached falsely, of his followers being persecuted and betrayed, of many of them falling for the "false prophets" and so lon.

Of course, it's not so much "prophecy" as "common sense" since well, the 1st century had a lot of cults, and unless they were popular, they were persecuted, and when they got popular, about three hundred different versions cropped up.

But please. By all means, combine the two, Look at your own religion, and count the false prophets and anti-christs within its bounds. Heck, look in hte mirror, just to be sure. If you want to take these passages as an apocalyptic text, surely the absolute corruption and un-christlike behavior of the overwhelming majority of Christians should be a "sign of hte times"/

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by The time lord

It does, and it says the same damn thing that I'm telling you it says. Now hey, I understand you don't believe me, everything I've gathered from your posts alludes to you looking forward to the end of the world, since you - like the other 2.3 billion Christians on the face of the earth believe that you are one of the very few your god will save. Whether this longing for the end days is a desire to spend an eternity worshiping before said god's throne, or just an extreme case of schadenfreude from you wanting to see everyone else on the world be tormented, die, and then spend an eternity in torture, I dunno. Either way I think you're a bit daft.

But Jesus is very clearly giving a warning, one more important than anything to do with hte "end times" - He warns of his gospel being used and preached falsely, of his followers being persecuted and betrayed, of many of them falling for the "false prophets" and so lon.

Of course, it's not so much "prophecy" as "common sense" since well, the 1st century had a lot of cults, and unless they were popular, they were persecuted, and when they got popular, about three hundred different versions cropped up.

But please. By all means, combine the two, Look at your own religion, and count the false prophets and anti-christs within its bounds. Heck, look in hte mirror, just to be sure. If you want to take these passages as an apocalyptic text, surely the absolute corruption and un-christlike behavior of the overwhelming majority of Christians should be a "sign of hte times"/

I never said I don't believe you, I said in the previous post it can be multi layered. The 4 Gospels tell 4 different angles in what Jesus was, does not mean you are wrong or I think you are wrong. Also I like to add that the Temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70AD and they destroyed most things Jewish before the Romans left, that is a historical event in itself.

I am not a selfish Christian thinker, but if the Bible says only through Christ you can be saved then the rules of religion is just that, but it also says something about saving righteous people it could be done in a different method to the believers way in to being saved.

I know the exact passages where Jesus warns of false teachers, I keep everything open for now, just testing the spirits to see how it balances out, because many are giving so many views and believing without even doing the homework themselves. How many times have I heard priests saying the conception was not literal and that evolution was part of God's plan, they keep changing the script and their popularity is failing as they do so?

I would rather see people being saved than be judged, I used prophecy as a warning and the fear of God as a healthy relationship before we become mislead and too confident, because we do not know when we can be lead in the wrong direction into our own destruction, if I can help non believers on this site to maybe wake up or inform of coming events then I have honour in that. Jesus does not want to send us to hell he came down to save as many as possible, likewise if one thread helps one soul then it’s a good thing, shame many find it offensive in the world who don't understand and would rather block it out. Many God will judge those who want lead man into destruction because they want to do the devil's deeds.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Does anyone remember news stories that used such language of events that presenters use Biblical apocalyptic paraphrases?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think the tribulation will begin with a worldwide earthquake (according to Revelations). Maybe the tsunami in 2004 was it, I don't know.

God is subtle afterall. Just like only a few understood when Jesus would be born, the tribulation will probably only be discerned by a few, and will catch most people unaware.

I enjoy reading your threads time lord keep posting them.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay what about CERN, look what the doomsday lot think of that, they even went to parliment to call it off.

Look at out modern times what we now have to deal with that was not such a threat before. Here are some doomsday signs for some to ponder and have a think about.

CERN - Who knows where it may lead, some say ripping of space time.
SETI - Contact with aliens may not be a good idea. Space bacteria as such.
Nuclear Bombs or Energy - Recently Iran Korea and now maybe Pakistan being unstable to hold such destructable weapons.
Extreamists - They have always been around but now it's more global.
Flu - Swine flu or Bird flu, all the world can be infected because of air travel.
Global warming, solar flares - Ice sheets melting sea rises extreame weather.
World war social meltdown - man unable to stand each other in an increasing populance.
YellowStone - and many sleeping volcanoes waiting to erupt.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Today the media can capture so many disasters in which the world can see on TV or the news papers. Even Tornadoes and Volcanoes, landslides, forest fires, flooding earthquakes and war, we can all see nature and manmade catastrophes in front of us but only a few out of them really wake the viewers up to bring them to speak about it.

upload.wikimedia.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BugZyZuncle

What about something completely off the wall, like the popularity of Obama (I'm not referring to him being the Anti-Christ here) or something like Michael Jackson's death? Those are the only two that I can think of right now. Obama might be more of a Western-world popularity, but I know MJ was world-wide.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Although Michael Jackson's death is a really big story I am not sure it had the same impact as lets say Princess Diana's death of 1997. A lot of was really down to one thing that deflated his popularity was his allegations with children, but then again was it a conspiracy to get money out of him?

Obama story in a way is more scarey, its not about colour but his suttleness in how is going to deal with the Middle East which is a very high position for the AC role that people who are educated in Obama's background and Bible prophecy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join