It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars - Sol 676 - Black Box?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by strNick
Color picture:

In fact, MER Spirit run as fast as she can when encounter any anomaly.

NASA sent two rovers, but none of them landed directly in Cydonia. Think about that.

Nice link.

I noticed a few things though.
1) Almost all of the rocks slope up to the right. It looks like the predominant winds are from the left of the pucture.

2) After staring at it for a few minutes I had one of those weird pictures pop out at me and I noticed four odities.

a) Directly to the right of the box is a rock that looks like a fish, it is facing right and has an eye and a mouth.

b) Half way between the fish and the box and down an bit is a grey stone beside a smooth black one if you zoom in there is a black mark on the grey rock that looks like an eagle or an X.

c) Again half way between the fish and the box, go up a little bit to a large black rock on the left side of it is a grey E that looks like the enternet explorer logo.

d) Go straight to the right of the microsoft rock and there is a spherical rock with a dent into it that looks like a ball that is deflated.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Natural .... ah don't think so that rock isn't natural, and even if it isn't we can't prove it cause we don't have access to those kind of information ... so another unsolved mistery ... thank u nasa

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov... Here is the BOXXY original I used.Look back at the raw images for sol 676 and choose any of the BOX shots(pan cam). The amount of info in each pic that is "hidden" is mind-numbing" designed for the vast ignorant masses to be bored stiff at all the "rocks". When you see your fist fossil or live person or animal or group of animals,giant insect,dome,artifact,skull,piece of machinery...it will cause you to pause wondering what else you missed since 2004. For me since 1976,since I bothered to go back and find what others missed for 33 years.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
First, a complaint about the title of the thread.

Calling that object a box makes people think of it in a different way as if it just called a cube or something like that, a box implies a hollow object with the possibility of being opened and closed, and while the object looks really cubic, there is nothing suggesting that it is hollow and that it has a lid.

I haven't found other photos with that object, but I found several photos of that area showing several rocks looking like those and with sharp edges like the so called "box".

And now, to make things a little more colourful, a (false) colour version of the photo.

(click for full size version)

I am still looking for more photos of the object.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
It could be a rock. There could be cleavage planes or even mighty large crystal boundaries. We can't say for certain that it isn't, but there are many instances of these geometric rocks abounding. I've seen a good number and even gave one on my desk as a paper weight.

Yeah, but usually, when such things occur...they are in a field of similar objects. It's not like one finds a single such object alone with nothing similar anywhere near.

Natural formations can be 'precise' amd 'defined'.n
The interesting thing for me is that it is in an area where the other rocks are shaped by abrasion, i.e. ventifacts.

I agree, but again, these objects tend to "cluster." I have found similar "rocks" - but only with other similar ones.

Nice find, OP!

I say it's anomalous.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Yeah, but usually, when such things occur...they are in a field of similar objects. It's not like one finds a single such object alone with nothing similar anywhere near.

But we can't yet say with any certainty that there AREN'T similar objects anywhere near. All we see is a hodgepodge of rocks, at different angles, on the surface.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This "box" does not look natural at all! I do see what seems to be a cord covered with dust or dirt. This is very interesting! They must think people are idiots and will not notice or question things like this. Great Find!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
First, a complaint about the title of the thread.

Calling that object a box makes people think of it in a different way as if it just called a cube or something like that, a box implies a hollow object with the possibility of being opened and closed, and while the object looks really cubic, there is nothing suggesting that it is hollow and that it has a lid.

But it does appear to have a lid, or some kind of overhang. The OPs title is not misleading because cubes don't have overhangs.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
that's probably one of the craziest things i've seen on mars. The problem is of course that it's alone. There are no other "rocks" that look like that in the picture. this is awesome. Why did they not send the rover there to poke around up close? Who controls these rovers...someone with lower brain function? Even if it is completely natural the geological implications need to be examined?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Have you ever flown Southwest Airlines? That looks suspiciously like one of my many suitcases they have lost.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maybe its the ALL SPARK or Michael bay is really trying to promote Transformers 2..

sorry i had to say it..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Amaterasu

But we can't yet say with any certainty that there AREN'T similar objects anywhere near. All we see is a hodgepodge of rocks, at different angles, on the surface.

Wrong i'm afraid.

We can download the original, and then we certainly can see for ourselves that there are no fields of cubes laying around...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJetson
But it does appear to have a lid, or some kind of overhang. The OPs title is not misleading because cubes don't have overhangs.

It's wrong to call it a box, even if it has some kind of overhang that does not imply that the overhang is a lid and even less it implies that the cube-looking object is hollow, and all those things are implied when we call something a "box".

If you could see it as a hollow object then we could think that it could bee used as a box, as it is I think it's not correct to call it something for which we do not have any evidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Guys sorry if its deviating just wanted to show you on this link please have a look its really interesting a skull in mars reported by pravda russian news website please have a look
english.pravda.ru...
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a great find.

I don't want to sound skeptical, because I find this photo very intriguing, but I also think that you are looking too far into it.

These things can occur in nature, stranger things have happened. Why is Italy shaped like a boot? (poor siciliy getting kicked)

It is intriguing and I would love to know what it is and what created/shaped it, but I don't think you should put all of your faith into a scratchy photo.

My question is: why doesn't Nasa [ever] seem to investigate this type of thing?

The rover found some photos that looked like microbial life present in the soil.... EFF IT, cruise the rover outta there.

Our top scientific minds have ADD?

EDIT: corrected a typo - the [ever] in brackets above.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by SelfDestruct]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
when i first saw this 'black box', the first thing that entered my mind is this: this is on Mars. How many rovers have been lost there? when these rovers are lost, are they instanly vaped, or would there be pars strewn about? To get to the point, I think it may just be a part of a lost rover.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknownfrost
when i first saw this 'black box', the first thing that entered my mind is this: this is on Mars. How many rovers have been lost there? when these rovers are lost, are they instanly vaped, or would there be pars strewn about? To get to the point, I think it may just be a part of a lost rover.

All of us are just speculating here but if it was a part to a lost rover, where is the rest of the rover? It looks like we would be seeing other parts of it laying around somewhere in the close vicinity.

Just a thought...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Hi.
The Russian Mars 3 lander had a Rover which would have been attached
umbilically to 15m.
The Rover was basically a black box,rectangular) with skis,
Mars 3 landed successfully in a duststorm then contact was lost,
I'll look for pics of the Lander and Rover.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join