It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars - Sol 676 - Black Box?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
check this one out i found.

i729.photobucket.com...

Looks pretty natural to me, in all honesty. Centuries upon centuries of wind and sand erosion, not to mention water erosion in the distant past. Nothing about that rock in particular screams 'artificial' - to me, at least.

But as for the OP's 'Box' that would be harder to say. It certainly DOES have a very regular, very box-like appearance.

Strange indeed. Personally, though, I think I'll put my money on "rock" as opposed to "box" pending further evidence. Keep looking for that smoking gun!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Take a look at the nasa original image. Im more concerned with the strange black thing off to the right of the image. Something blacked out? if it had eyes i would say its a shadow person from ICO the game XD.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Very interesting indeed! Ok, here's one that may interest you - what looks like an ammo box with something that resembles a carbine with a hand grip and a magazine slot.

Cheers!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

In relation to the op. Pretty sure it is hi tech solar panel, and the cord runs through the clostest "rock" then down into the ground. Pretty sure the NASA guys just had to have the rover pull it to eff with the aliens. Pretty sure they still LOL about that one.

Kidding, it's a pretty crazy rock er box whatever it is. I'll wait for the pros or NASA to speak about it. Good find!

Mikesinghs pic rly does look like a gun... wow. I bet it shoots lasers tho and the 'barrel' is actually a handle/mount. The box... mmm, lunchbox?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Color picture:

In fact, MER Spirit run as fast as she can when encounter any anomaly.

NASA sent two rovers, but none of them landed directly in Cydonia. Think about that.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueShaman

That's not a brick

This is a brick.....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cabded325733.jpg[/atsimg]
from Sol 1927

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What do you thing?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

I like what you're trying to show...

Perhaps this one will give us more of an idea as to what you mean?

Can this really be naturally carved? And wait until you see what's next to it (which will be posted in a reply to Mikes post)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7607a2f4701e.jpg[/atsimg]
Sol 1925

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

lol... red lorry yellow lorry... no black lorry..

I've been waiting for someone to use this particular item that many of us may have some knowledge of
Hellraiser

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Nice find mike..
I wonder if that gun was the same gun used to kill the monster that this back bone and tooth came from?
We may never know...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d9776acc3c4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShaman
Here it is slightly enchanced:

It definitely doesn't look like a natural rock formation, look at the brighter edge parallel to the 'top of the box', looks like a brick.

Great find.

Its interesting that no other rocks in that panorama image have a sharp defined box like structure like this one, its the only one, all other rocks are rounded or assymetrical shaped.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
That is not a rock. I don't know what it is, but it is best anomaly I have seen out of all Mars ground images. Nasa didn't notice this? riiiight, they didnt go investigate it? riiiight. Life in the dark as a NASA outsider. -sigh-

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by vip867
Rocks do ata least on earth form cubes. Mostly crystline types, ie rock salt, Pyrite.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f384f6e7bd1e.jpg[/atsimg]

Vip867, very interesting and informative picture. I did not know such perfect "blocks" formed in nature, thank you for posting.

I found the following video compelling, well made, and seems to beg further investigation. Since we are on this subject, I thought some here may also enjoy it as well. (sent to me by one of my subscribers "12monkkeys")

I will now pay closer attention to the Mars anomalies; thanks to OP Extralien & all comments , interesting thread.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Sowhtt]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
That is not a rock. I don't know what it is, but it is best anomaly I have seen out of all Mars ground images. Nasa didn't notice this? riiiight, they didnt go investigate it? riiiight. Life in the dark as a NASA outsider. -sigh-

Yes, as a NASA engineer i would steer that rover right up to that rock and take closeup photos, a lot of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Wow, interesting to say the least! I'm going with it's an unnatural object because...well that's what I'd like it to be lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sowhtt

Thanks, I too find it neat how something can retain its perfect cube shape like that. I love seeing all of those pictures from mars that just scream that something is or was living there once. But it also just make me so angry to think that we may never really know the truth of other worldly life all in the name of protecting faults in religion, and or national security. One of these days I hope it will all change.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It still amazes me that NASA will continue to pretend as if we're stuck in the dark ages with crappy cameras, scanners, satellites, rovers and the like. Just hope a solid whistleblower will go public and show just how advanced their black project technology is and what HD images and video they've captured.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
With ripoff brands like Sorny Panaphonics and Magnetbox no wonder the Martian tv industry went under!!! Cheap Martian Junk!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/454858f2b64d.jpg[/atsimg]

Devils Causeway again.

Basalt is likely a common massive rock on Mars.

In the Devils Causeway photo you will see it looks like square columns but they are actually six sided. I think its something similar in the photo.

Also note that in the photo you can only see two sides clearly and the bottom part is covered by soil. It is likely shaped nothing like a perfect cube or box.

The concave fracture of the surrounding rocks also is an indicator of Basalt. Notice the tops of the columns at Devils Causeway.

It's like the moon photo's where all the supposed structures people see are clearly Basalt formations since it is known most of the Moon is Basalt to begin with.

Just more cloud watching. I still click on the topics hoping for something else.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That's easily explained ...

The recent lack of solar activity has caused what some would call the Bermuda Triangle to shift some 3,000 miles Southeast near the coast of Brazil.

This box you see in the picture from Sol 676 is actually the missing Black Box from Air France's Airbus A330.

It's my theory that the front half of the plane was sucked into a rip in space and time thus resulting in it's crash (at least the back half of the airbus). The pilots and a few flight attendants were sucked through the space/time rip and transported 10,000 years back in time to Mars when they impacted. This black box is all that's left of the debris.

Either that, or it's one of the most perfect geometrically formed natural rocks ever discovered by mankind.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by tyranny22]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join