It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli PM promises peace speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Israeli PM promises peace speech

edition.cnn.com

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday he will deliver a major speech next week to lay out his plan for the country's peace and security.

Netanyahu made the announcement at the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting. He did not provide the date of his planned address.

"We want to achieve peace with the Palestinians and with the countries of the Arab world, while attempting to reach maximum understanding with the United States and our friends around the world," Netanyahu said. "My aspiration is to achieve a stable peace that rests on a solid foundation of security for the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Funny seems like Israel needs to show itself up since Obama made a good speech in Cairo this week.

I am very surprised that he would endorse a two state solution, I think he may just be saying that to gain some support in the region.

It's funny how the US can influence Isreali stances on things from one day to another.

Any thoughts?

~Keeper

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think that we all in the end want peace. Israel and palestine have all lost too many people fighting this battle and neither wants to concede out of respect for their dead. I feel a two state solution is the only answer but getting them to agree on specifics is almost impossible. It's what we would call a "mexican standoff".

Even if a solution was to be reached, the areas involved are far too small to contain the growing population for long and we would be back in the same situation in a few decades

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If a peace treaty is signed between Israel and Palestine, it will be the beginning of the end.

I don't know where the notion comes from, but peace means the start of war

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommon-sense

It would require Israel to stop making settlements and to give back "some" of the land to the palestinians. I mean they are living in Ghettos right now, and that's not a good thing by anybody's standard.

Very sad situation, I wonder what the PM is up to with this kind of rhetoric.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Previous Israeli Pm's have made the same announcements...look where we are in 2009.They know there is a large backlash against Israel...and the old anti-semite or self loathing jew tricks simply dont work with this up and coming generation, neither does blatant lies and propaganda about gaza.Sorry Israel,give your little speech.We all know that the core of israeli government is still as corrupt,elitist and bigoted as it ever was.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Any man of higher intelligence knows that the only way for peace with Israel of any kind is if Israel moved to Hawaii. For some reason Israel and ALL of their neighbors are like oil and water. No matter how much you shake it around, they just will never mix.

Final solution, Find a place with no neighbors !

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I don't know where the notion comes from, but peace means the start of war

It comes from the idea that the Antichrist will confirm a peace treaty with Israel, guaranteeing peace. But then, 3.5 years later, breaking it throwing the world into utter chaos.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Any man of higher intelligence knows that the only way for peace with Israel of any kind is if Israel moved to Hawaii.

Tell that to the Hawaiians!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wouldnt be getting to excited about this. If Israel want to take serious steps towards peace instead of having a big speech, they should start by showing it in the form of actions.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Seems like its a damned if you do damned if you don't for the Isrealis. Shouldn't you guys atleast hear what they have to say and see if they act on what they say before you guys start dragging them through the mud?

new topics

top topics

join