It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Analysis Video of the STS-75 Tether Incident

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spacefan

That's not bona fide challenge, it appears to be a page that's written by someone who is unaware of the problems with proving a negative:

en.wikipedia.org...

And those photo enhancements are complete bunk. Looks to me like they're using some kind of FFT based enlargement/analysis, on the basis of others I've seen, which tend to promote random patterns ad-hoc beyond a reasonable amount of enlargement. See why that's a bad idea here.

Although, it's a hunch, I don't know anything about their process because it's quite hard to find any firm details about it. That's not uncommon with people making such claims.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by spacefan
nothing to do with me jimbo i was googling keywords and tripped over it.

.and you're the Romanian space enthusiast, right -- or am I confusing you with another poster?

confusion and forgetting to honour your words and promises are your by-word jim.

im not romanian too answer your question however i am sure romanians have a keen interest in the skies as we all do.

now how about you show us your water dump data you claim to have and base your theory on.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by spacefan]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

it was simply supplied for our resident nasa expert.

i have no idea who or what the sites about.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by spacefan]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

nothing to do with me jimbo i was googling keywords and tripped over it.

.and you're the Romanian space enthusiast, right -- or am I confusing you with another poster?

You confuse him with me... i'm the romanian guy, i said this before at the end of this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

i'm not a celebrity, but Dumitru Prunariu was indeed (at least for us, romanians.)

[edit on 3/11/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Even if Jim Oberg posts a water dump schedule showing there was a water dump prior to this video, that still won't prove every particle seen is from the water dump. But is there anything unusual about the particles? Maybe the lighting is more overexposed than usual

it will be enough for me.

ice/debris and there will always be lingering doubt thats why jim always plays the debris coverall card.

but he wont produce the data even if he did have it, proof doesnt sell his articles and books the mystery does.

i think jim has based his fact and theory on the premise of there being ice present with no underlying proof whatsoever.
infact true data would only undermine his stance do you truely believe if he had the data to backup his stance that it would not be posted with glee to martin zorgon easynow et al.

so before you go jumping on all those dozens and dozens of objects being ice you better be sure of your most basic fact.

cos no ice and none of all the hard and thorough in my opinion work on camera specks lense effect etc means jack s.

all that effort wasted when it could have been focused in other directions all these years.

all those people prepared to instantly dismis the annomolous activity at the drop of a hat without the faintest clue as to the reality of ice even being present.

aswell as jim and his nasa colleges delibrately making misleading statements as i have highlighted several times already these are experts so one could be forgiven for thinking they are just downright lies in some instances.
basic fundermental slieght of hand like theres the no secret to this impression from jim about nasa with his it was watched live by millions on nasa tv.
it wasnt and jim knows it wasnt thats why after being repeatedly asked he cannot name one station that carried it live and nasa tv never aired it.

you have to ask yourself when you realise the extent of the deciet and disinfo from nasa experts over the whole annomolous object in space subject WHY
ive also asked myself why nasa footage is so good and in most cases pristine footage until an annomoly turns up and it all turns into a blurred out mess camera pans lots of refocusing etc.
they must be under some kind of legal obligation to make the raw footage avaliable to people like martin but they sure obscure things as best they can when things get interesting now that their presenters have been faced with a few extremely dificult moments to explain away in the past.

its the deciet i find most compeling.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by spacefan]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

nasa fighting tooth and nail to get possesion of the footage you [Martryn] had thru the courts so as to bury it is all the knowledge thats needed to realise that there is more happening in the footage than they Ever intended for us to see. Maybe jim would explain to us why after nasa were finally beaten in court on the time delayed footage they were showing as live on nasa tv they stopped showing live footage. Could it be that after they were ordered down from a 20 second delay to just 4 seconds by the court that they ceased live broadcasts because they no longer had 20 secs in which to kill or obscure the footage during anomalous events .. no not nasa perish the thought.

NASA in court over the STS 'UFO videos'? Sorry, I totally missed that. Can you provide any evidence why anybody should believe this claim?

Any progress on backing up this remarkable assertion?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
...Jim, you do understand, as a journalist, that we don't reveal our sources if we will hurt them &/or they request we keep things confidential! With something as big as the STS-75 NASA video, this is always their position. They will turn on you if you go public...as little innocent me found out, when I mentioned some names in 2000 ...so no more "he said-she said" from this researcher ...thus I have to take your CW statements as PR with no debate possible.

For those who came in late....

Martyn here is referring to what happened to him when he made a series of claims of what experts had told him, using their names, and when asked, one after another, they all denounced Martyn's accounts as garbled or entirely imaginary. Martyn explains this by saying he was accurate and they all were threatened by the dark forces to lie about what they originally told him.

There is a simpler explanation. I leave it to the reader's analysis.

Martyn adjusted his practice afterwards to 'protect' his alleged sources by not giving their names. But who does this really 'protect'? Conveniently for him, this makes it impossible for anyone to verify that Martyn's account of what people tell him is true or not.

I'm trying to think of any case in which Martyn actually named a source, that the source, when asked, confirmed that Martyn was reporting the conversations accurately. My memory could use some jogging -- unless not a single such confirmation exists.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
no no jim lets not go down an ally that leads nowhere.

lets stick with the ice for now the central plank of your theory.

how was it there at that time jim..?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thanks to some really original research posted above we now have the actual date/times of the tether video that has become so famous. This is progress.

Secretnasaman posted on 28-10-2009 @ 07:01 AM
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The STS-75 Tether Break was at 7:30 PM, C.T., on the last day in Feb. 1996. The 1st sighting by the crew was at 10:19 C.T. & was videotaped during a loss of signal period, but was down-linked ASAP when the picture was restored. A brief clip of the tether as a small dot unwinding at 150 N. miles was shown. The next time it was spotted & videotaped/ downloaded was at 11:17 PM C.T. at a distance of 90 N. miles...

I posted on 29-10-2009 @ 04:30 PM
Regarding the tether break, message satobs.org... reports that the tether broke at approx Feb26/0130 GMT
That would indeed by 7:30 PM Feb 25, Central Time in the US and Canada.

Martyn replied on www.abovetopsecret.com...
but had no updated times

Spacefan then did the checking himself (kudos) and reported on 2-11-2009 @ 06:48 PM
that NASA STS-75 status report #17 stated that closest approach was at 11:17 CT Feb 29 (0517 GMT Mar 1), at a range of about 46 nautical miles.
Original source link: science.ksc.nasa.gov...
That was about 100 hours (4 days plus a few hours) after the tether had broken.
Then, status report #24 stated that “late this morning (March 5) the crew got ‘one last look’, but lighting precluded an opportunity at closest approach. But one orbit later the tether was videotaped at a range of 450 NM.
If we take 11 AM CT (1700 gmt) as ‘late this morning’, that’s 4 days and 7 hours after the previous pass, which represents the ‘synodic period’ of the two satellites in their different orbits – the duration needed for the faster one (shuttle) to ‘lap’ the slower one (tether) and overtake it again. The second overlapping (which I forgot about) took slightly longer than the first because the tether’s orbit was rapidly decaying and speeding up, so it took the shuttle longer to complete the full extra lap behind it.

So to obtain original data on the videos, the scene lists for those two latter times needs to be examined, and the Execute Package for the day of the first pass (March 5) also needs to be requested.

This is what I did for my writeup about ten years ago (www.rense.com...) where I stated:
A check (by me) of shuttle crew activities show that the "swarm/tether" scene was proceded a few hours earlier by a routine water dump, a process that is known to create clouds of debris particles, many of which linger around the shuttle for several hours before drifting off.

That same process can be repeated by anyone seeking to independently verify (or refute) my research. Anything I post directly is bound to wind up being accused of falsification and forgery. So spacefan and others, you have already demonstrated true research ability, by all means continue. If you obtain the documentation listed above and it does not show what I claimed it showed, boy, will you have a news scoop to trumpet to the wide world of UFOria.

Meanwhile, I agree I need to post more supportive information and explanations on my home page and will do so.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

what about the other tether ?

But there was another tether in the sky... it was there just after STS 75 returned home... and it was up there for a long time... Tracking this thing down has lead me down a path that quite frankly frightens me... the sheer scope of this and the implications...

that means the times you are claiming might not be correct.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
what about the other tether ?

that means the times you are claiming might not be correct.

And your point is what, aside from deflection?

Tethers of various sizes have been flown at various altitudes for many years. Did you think people didn't know that because you didn't?

BTW, those are the times 'spacefan' was claiming -- he (unlike you) does original research, and deserves the credit for it.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

with the other tether or tether's up there at the same time you are gonna have to do alot more proving to claim those time lines are facts.

good luck

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

with the other tether or tether's up there at the same time you are gonna have to do alot more proving to claim those time lines are facts.

good luck

Why are you so predictable? Your mind is as closed -- and as proud of it -- as is humanly possible.

The other tethers present nothing that needs proving.

They do help dispel the skepticism some folks expressed earlier that thin tethers could really be seen visually in orbit, from the ground, naked eye. I saw the STS-75 tether myself on several pre-dawn passes in March of that year, before its orbit decayed and it burned up.

There were no giant UFOs flying around it, neither in front of my eyes or those of dozens of other skywatchers around the globe.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

multiple tethers = multiple possibility's

if a tether was colored gray or black would you be able to see it from the ground ?
just wondering

here's one getting beamed with a laser

video is showing Earth-based telescopic views of a TiPs (Tether Physics and Survivability Experiment) tether from 1997 (a year or so after the STS-75 mission) this is not the same tether as the TSS-1R - this is the TiPs tether). It shows multiple passes as TiPs flew over Maui, Hawaii. The TiPs satellite was launched a year earlier in 1996

[edit on 4-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wasnt the tips tether in that vid launched in june 96.

www.satobs.org...

need to clarify that there were not multiple tethers in ordit at the same time.

and jim your timeline is wrong i am working on the timeline i suggest you look into the fes tops [sets] experiment that flight 75 was undertaking the waste water had to be supplemented from storage water on this flight to accommodate .

all other water is recycled as you probably know.
and the solid waste is seperated for examination on landing.
pay particular attention to how they were delibrately releasing through the fes steam release system by running hotter than normal as part of the experiment..after letting the nozzles/lines severly ice up.
so as the tops camera can film the water molacules react with the outside enviroment.

Meanwhile, science teams at the Marshall Space Flight Center
used the SETS experiment's instruments to give measurements
which related to the ionized gas as it interacted with the
water cloud. The water molecules in this cloud exchanged electrical charges with the surrounding ionized oxygen and formed a ring shape which could be easily distinguished from the background gases. This gave scientists and crew members an idea of how the Shuttle's
environment might react to water dumps released while the
tethered satellite is deployed.

that water/steam forms its own doughnut shape at the rear of the orbiter as the 2 release valves centrally are located there.

it certainly does not produce any large ice crystals.

science.ksc.nasa.gov...-eclss-thermal

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

need to clarify that there were not multiple tethers in ordit at the same time.

are you saying there wasn't or we need more info ?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i am asking if there was.

any data i have found has said june or later.

ive no axe to grind with you.

heres another that has it as may 06
launch date May 12, 1996
launch vehicle Titan IV
launch site Vandenberg Air Force Base
orbit 1,010 × 1,032 × 63.4°
mass (at each end of tether) 53 kg

www.daviddarling.info...

or this.

Press Releases

Small Tether Satellite Deployed by NRL
20 June 1996

(Washington, DC) -- The Naval Research Laboratory's (NRL's) Naval Center for Space Technology has designed, built and deployed a small satellite to research the gravity-gradient dynamics and survivability of a tethered system in space, known as the Tether Physics and Survivability (TiPS) experiment.

The TiPS satellite was deployed today into a circular orbit, at an altitude of 1022 km (552 nmi) and inclination of 63.4 degrees. A deployment sequence jettisoned the TiPS satellite from a host vehicle and then separated its two end masses from each other. When fully deployed, the 53.5 kg (118lb.) tethered system consisting of two small end-masses is connected by a 4 km (2.5 miles) nonconductive braided tether.

NRL, NASA, and an international network of Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) stations are tracking the position of each end-mass to study the dynamics and survivability of tethered systems. Telemetry generated during the separation of the two end-masses was received by the United States Air Force (USAF).

www.nro.gov...

so which other tether was up there in feb/march 06 please.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

multiple tethers = multiple possibility's

if a tether was colored gray or black would you be able to see it from the ground ? just wondering

Multiple possibilities of WHAT? The satellites are tracked and their orbits predicted, and the tethers and everything else were in their own unambiguous orbits. When the shuttle crew observed the tether, it was their broken-away tether, not some other tether, not some gargantuan shoelace, not anything else. No possibility.

Why paint a tether gray or black? It would just overheat and weaken it. It still reflects photons.

You do accept the reported fact that people on the ground -- including me -- saw the STS-75 tether? Any problems with that? And there were no miles-wide plasma blobs zipping around it?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

all other water is recycled as you probably know.

I don't doubt that you think you "know" this. But the problem is, as with so many other things you're so confident you know, it ain't so. The shuttle does not, and never has, recycled water. It disposes of it -- sometimes by dumping it, sometimes through the FES, sometimes (if docked to a space station) in beachball sized plastic bags (CWC's).

So when you say "all other water is recycled" on the shuttle you are, once again, substituting your own far-out fantasies for factual realities.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

axe to grind ?

i just asked a question because i wasn't sure what you meant.

and you have to get with Zorgon about which tether he was talking about, i just posted what he said. that's all i know about it but i will say that by reading what he posted, it sounded like a DoD secret or something so it's possible that the info is not on a regular public website.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join