It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Analysis Video of the STS-75 Tether Incident

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
i have not mentioned any objects except the 2 main ones connected with the storm they are the only light sources i am refering to so where the 3 you refer to are i dont know nor do i want to dilute this exchange with that aside.
You asked what I thought was going on in the video and I answered.

i think your going to claim it just materialised as it was bathed in sunlight as somehow up until then it was in shadow.
Close enough, to me that object looks like a small out of focus object relatively close to the shuttle, and its sudden appearance may well be because it was in the shadow and entered a lighted area, but I have no way of knowing that.

first object i mention enters bottom right hand corner at 2.24
Are you sure about that time? The object appears sooner, at 2:03 or 2:04.

and lets leave maybe out of our dialog aswell as sentences that assert as fact things that are just a maybe as you mistakenly did with the lense quote.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.

what definately happened was a bright object travels into the picture and not the shuttle traveling over a stationary object giving the impression of movement .. that object then slows to a stop and holds its position before decending into the upper reaches of the storm ..
I agree, up to this point.

then at 3.26 we clearly see another object rise out of the top of the storm and assume a course to take it out off the top of the frame.
And I do not agree with this. Now that I am sure of what object you are talking about I consider that a different type of object, like I said above.

thats what anyone looking at that footage sees ..
No, I don't see that when I look at that video, so there's at least one person that sees a different thing.

they are organisms or craft under their own power thats indisputable to me and they play with our gravity as if its non existant.
Maybe (can I still use this word
) my thought process is different, to me that is anything but indisputable.

i cannot get my head around plasma life using the oceans of space like fish in our oceans tho.
That's another thing in which our opinions diverge, I see that as one of the possibilities.

feel free to point out the hypocrisy in my assuming it is technology being used after requesting you to stick to fact and not assumption.
There's no need, you admit it yourself.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The object that looks like it crossed behind the tether is GUESS what not as bright looking as the tether ie like the black line because its an out of focus object close to the camera now because its darker than the tether the same effect happens now can your mind grasp the concept!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
Well...How come no one but the Shoemaker & Levy families saw the comet coming?

Well the video contains HUNDREDS of objects so you do the MATHS!

If you look at others they all have many tens to hundreds of objects so
you would think someone would have a pic of something a few hundred km
from the Earth surface if they spot comets like you say! hundreds of millions
of km's away! so why no pictures of these so called HUGE objects

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Not as bright round dots is a long ways from thin black line to very bright white, thick large figure.

There is a huge difference.

Where is your example of a similar effect with the white dot behind a similar slightly brighter white stick like figure? All of these supposed example that are claimed as proof have objects that are clearly in contrast.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

If he claims these objects are up to 1 mile across ie 1609 mtrs how come
we have no pictures from earth simple they are NOT what you think .
If you look at the point 6:24 on the video look at the difference in contrast between the object and the tether the object is not as bright hence the effect that you think its going behind the tether!

Amatures have taken nice pics of the ISS see link

www.veryamateur.co.uk...

When complete the ISS will be about 108x73 mtr its not near that yet ,the objects on this are supposed to be 1600 mtr in dia YET no one has a PIC FROM EARTH

The reason it's difficult to picture a piece of dirt ,ice or paint fleck a FEW MM across from Earth.

I and many others have GIVEN an explanation which is provable to what these things are there is a video on here demonstrating it its up to you to provide a picture of one of these from earth some of you guys have telescopes these things are supposed to be a mile across you see hundreds of them on the video so take a picture of one from earth.

If this can be done of a far smaller object

www.veryamateur.co.uk...

Lets s ee a picture of these far LARGER objects

We never wil!

Look at my sig for some REALLY GOOD advice!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I and many others have GIVEN an explanation which is provable to what these things are

theory's are not proof in case you didn't know that.

if you have proved what these objects are please direct me to where that is because i have read every post in this thread and i have not seen any proof of anything as you claim.

thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The STS-75 mission is interesting because of the overwhelming amount of "objects" floating around.
What's more interesting is all the ideas around it.... From overexposed/oof ice particles close to the camera to "critters" .

When you think about it... My guess about what is being seen isn't that "far out" there.

The tether itself was a piece of equipment that got electrically charged (static) but could not contain the mass of electricity that it was charged with.
The tether broke and floated away, was still charged, and when the tether broke there was probably lots of material from the tether itself that floated away with it.

Now, i dont remember all the details, but the tether was kind of far away when filmed, and the tether wasn't that thick so it normaly would be seen km's away.
The other stuff that we see that floats/flying around with and around the tether could be smaller pieces of the tether itself that still is charged with electricity.
That would explain why the pieces that floats around the tether itself has a similar "glow" as the tether.

Or it's ice particles in the sun that glows very nicely.... Or critters....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

I and many others have GIVEN an explanation which is provable to what these things are

theory's are not proof in case you didn't know that.

if you have proved what these objects are please direct me to where that is because i have read every post in this thread and i have not seen any proof of anything as you claim.

thanks

Lets have a look at the FACTS we have seen posted on here a video showing a white disc pulled out of focus appearing to cross behind a white length of rod (i will try to find the link) further away from the camera than the disc was. Now this is what is happening in the tether video we have shown this effect can happen

We have also seen posted on here a video or pic showing how these out of focus objects take there shape due to the internal construction of the lens

What you want us to believe is that these objects 1600mtr across THAT
have NEVER be photographed, filmed or documented by any keen amatuer astronomer keeping in mind we see tens to hundreds of them on these types of videos.

We also happened to have to believe that by some freak chance the objects happen to look exactly like an out of focus objects would look through one of these lenses due to its construction

Yes and I will win the lottery every week for the next year!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

we have shown this effect can happen

that proves nothing ,

'can be' and 'is' are two different things

once again...

theory's are not proof and so far that's all that has been presented from both sides of the discussion.

What you want us to believe is that these objects 1600mtr across

other than you , who said i want anyone to believe the objects are that big ?

please quote me where i said the objects are that size

so where is the PROOF that you are claiming that proves what the objects are ?

oh you don't have any ? i thought so

[edit on 22-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Lets have a look at the FACTS we have seen posted on here a video showing a white disc pulled out of focus appearing to cross behind a white length of rod (i will try to find the link) further away from the camera than the disc was. Now this is what is happening in the tether video we have shown this effect can happen

Yes it's a fact that they did that in that video.
But that does not prove that what we see in the STS-75 video is something like that.
1. The camera used did not have the same hardware/properites as the one in the STS-75 video.
2. The surrounding was not the same.
3. There was no tether in the "proof" video that was several kilometres away.
-

What you want us to believe is that these objects 1600mtr across THAT
have NEVER be photographed, filmed or documented by any keen amatuer astronomer keeping in mind we see tens to hundreds of them on these types of videos.

Of course not.
Why is the tether so thick in the STS-75 video? It's seen kilometres away...
And... Most amateur astronomers dont use NASA equipment, or do they?

We also happened to have to believe that by some freak chance the objects happen to look exactly like an out of focus objects would look through one of these lenses due to its construction

I dont think the lens is the problem here, rather it is the general construction of the ccd camera combined with NASA's experimentation with extra hardware on it.

Yes and I will win the lottery every week for the next year!

You wish!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nobody can "prove" anything totally...NASA backs the Jets & Sprites as "proof of existence", because we can now see them on NASA satellite camera video... NASA does not know what they are, yet NASA says it is 'proved' they do exist, & are a genuine mystery.

NASA backs as "proof of existence"..."Small Comets", which they say enter our atmosphere by the thousands every hour..AGAIN...because they have seen these "streaks" on their own NASA satellite camera pictures!...NASA does not know what they are, yet says it has "proved" that they do exist, & are another genuine mystery.

I back as "proof of existence"... the STS-75 U(unknown)FOs, which are clearly visible swarming the tether, (no matter how big or small they are)...because, I have seen these phenomenon on NASA Space Shuttle cameras...I do not know what they are, yet NASA has said they do exist (in a letter I referred to in an earlier post on this thread), & are a genuine mystery!

NASA criteria for PROOF of existence has been met with the STS-75 UFO swarm video
& as is the case with their kindred spirits...Jets, Sprites & Small Comets...NASA does NOT agree with any theory of what they actually are!

Again... NASA has declared them as discoveries that are "proved" because the various phenomenon appear on their exclusive & unimpeachable NASA space cameras. This is also the case with the STS-75 NASA video...Phenomenon appear, NASA acknowledges them...& the only debate, as always, is about what they are. But this debate does not prevent them being officially "proved" as existing by NASA.

NASA thus should give this STS-75 official phenomenon the same public "outing" as the other phenomenon ASAP. This thread illustrates my point as we are all debating the mystery of what these are & not whether they exist...we all agree that NASA video is unimpeachable...so, as a Canadian P.M. once said "proof is proof, & if its good proof, then it's proved"...

The STS-75 footage showing UFOs swarming the broken tether & 100 million dollar satellite is "proved"...(it is "good proof")...we just disagree on what 'they' are...like Jets, Sprites & Small Comets... are proved.. but science disagrees on what they are.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A few additional thing that keeps getting ignored by the debunkers;

Only a few of these objects look like camera distortion, most of them look like little white dots, and nothing like camera distortion.

Also, things that are a great distance from the camera can also be distorted, so those UFOs that look like camera distortions could still be near the tether, which once again returns them to the realm of unexplained phenomenon, being as there is no logical explanation for them.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Actually, there are numerous pictures of floating globes, and large numbers of people who claim to have seen these things within our own atmosphere. Of course those who disbelieve always claim they are camera distortions, when there are never any close examples of such camera distortions.

In addition, we have large numbers of stories from pilots who have seen these things, starting from the time people started flying in aircraft, often referred to as foo fighters. It is hard to believe that something so widely reported could be nothing but hallucinations.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For easynow,balez,poet1b rather than replies to all posts I am doing it as one

First the size of the objects this video on mcrom901 post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you look at the video you see his sketch tether length is 12 miles so if object passes behind tether as you lot claim it looks like
the dia of the object is about 1/10th-1/12th the tether length so would have to be about a mile across minimum at that distance.

The optical effect that makes it seem that the object passes behind the tether is due to light levels and contrast between the objects
NOT the lens constuction.

The shape of this object is due to the lens conctruction.

With regards to the objects not all being the same ie some as point of light and not the bokeh (doughnut,bagel) shape a little thing called depth of field is at play.

What controls depth of field is the focal length of the lens(how much it magnifies) ,the aperture and the distance the lens is focused on
so a lens focus on infinity objects close to the camera can be way out of focus but objects only a few feet away can be just out of focus and objects slightly further in focus depending on focal length and aperture set.

A good example of depth of field scroll down past first snoopy pic highlight aperture 1.8 2.8 4.0 etc and watch picture change

www.learnslr.com...

Here is a depth of field chart for a Canon 35-135mm zoom lens

Look at the table and see how whats in focus can change depending on f number and distance focused on!

www.mir.com.my...

look at depth of field go with f 5.6 as data available for focal legth range

when focused at infinity 35mm near distance 6.73 mtrs far distance infinity

when focused at infinity 70mm near distance now 24.82 mtrs far distance infinity

when focused at infinity135mm near distance now 85.72 mtrs far distance infinity

SO if focused on infinity at 35mm anything closer than 6.73 mtrs out of focus, zoom to 70mm its now 24.82 mtrs so something that was in focus now ins't I am sure you can work out the rest yourself.

Anything closer than near distance will be out of focus!

All this due to the properties of optics NOT a wish like hoping the object is a UFO.
I to would love to see real proof of a UFO, BUT optical properties can explain these effects plain and simple!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

looky here....

can you explain why the "stars" disappear when the camera zooms back in and the fact that there are other objects which are not stars disappear as well ?

then depthoffield said....

No zoom = short focal lenghth

and then i said this...

so if ALL the objects are close to the camera as you claim then why don't they ALL show up when the focal length is "short" ?

never got an answer on that one

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No zoom would be shortest focal length not SHORT the video in your post above is great, the reason why?
We see the object large and out of focus and as the camera is zoomed back the object gets smaller and more defined
(and so do others) as it would if close to the camera.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

your completely ignoring the objects that are moving around that disappear when the camera zooms back in. what DOF claims are stars also disappear when the camera zooms back in.

if you want to continue ignoring what's really in the video then by all means go ahead.....

:shk:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

your completely ignoring the objects that are moving around that disappear when the camera zooms back in. what DOF claims are stars also disappear when the camera zooms back in.

if you want to continue ignoring what's really in the video then by all means go ahead.....

:shk:

If YOU bother to look at the video correctly you will see some very diffuse circular objects moving around the tether which POP into focus I am downloading the video will indicate them and repost it.
The objects that dissappear can only be seen when zoomed in because of the magnification when you zoom out you cant see them the closer out of focus objects then pop into focus check the video again yourself!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

so are you saying depthoffield is wrong and these are not stars ?

if they are stars everything you just wrote is a bunch of baloney

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join