It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ogopogo "monster" pics (6/6/2009)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Loren Coleman posted some very interesting pics of a supposed "Ogopogo monster" as photographed by one Sean Viloria.

have been awaiting the public release of still photographs from my August 2008 sighting in Okanagan Lake.
These images are not of a wave pattern, log, bird or any of the great number of living fish species that have been documented to live in the Okanagan nor are they doctored or hoaxed in any way.

I have developed a strong belief that we are on the brink of a potentially explosive scientific discovery. ~ Sean Viloria

Cryptomundo

The copyright of this image belongs to Sean Viloria:

(More images at Cryptomundo)

These are some fascinating images. Considering that photographing aquatic animals are extremely difficult, these pics are pretty "good" - or rather something different for a change. We have a small boat for size comparison - it seems to be quite a sizeable animal - if it is indeed an animal. No discerning features though... Reminds me of the surgeon's photo...

Interesting is pretty much all I have for the moment.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Those are interesting pictures to say the least.

The odd color is what grabs your attention first... definitely not something I have heard mentioned in previous sightings.

One of the comments from the page you linked did make sense though... It "could" be just a kite being flown from the boat/water-craft that is in the picture.

After reading that comment, and looking again... that does make sense. Especially with it being as brightly colored as it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That thing looks so out of place colour wise it's surely something that interested me. Can you give me a link to anything where I may learn more about this creature?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

My friend, type Ogopogo in google search... and you will get around 112,000 links for information concerning this creature.

Happy reading

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Onwards to google

I'm surprised I've never heard about this creature before I had liked to think I had a good knowledge of things like that lol

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That's a ship flying a pretty purple skysail.

There's a nice video of skysails here.

[edit on 7/6/09 by Kailassa]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You know what, i think you are correct.
As soon as you said that i looked at the pictures again and it definately seems as if its a sail.
Nice Job

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hard to tell because you cannot really judge the size of the boat, although there is the coast part in the background.

First picture looks like a fish leaping out of the water possibly but the others, i'm not sure. Doesn't look like any monster to me though, doesn't have any features ... at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Something seems off here. Strange coincidence I guess that the photographer has a sculpture to hawk with his new found fame.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm not aware of anyone reporting Ogopogo as being pink or purple.
For that matter, the reconstruction looks remarkably like the Water Horse.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Interesting.
I go to Kelowna every summer.
I Hope I see something this year!

[edit on 7-6-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder if the silvery part of it is actually part of movement, not a solid part of an organism.

Reminds me of a dorsal fin, actually. Long dorsal fin, maybe. But I don't know. Doesn't look much like a neck to me. But it could be.

It looks like it might be a good capture of a fish jumping, though. The color variation is weird.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Okanagan Lake has many buoys, and I believe that this is one that is floating in the middle of the lake.

Here is what I am talking about.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2283c1d3c06.jpg[/atsimg]
Found this picture of Okanagan Lake on Flickr
In the deep middle of the picture you can see the buoy that looks identical to what is in the picture. Probably the buoy got loose, and the wind is blowing it across the lake. This would appear to make it look like it is swimming on its own.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
That's a ship flying a pretty purple skysail.

There's a nice video of skysails here.

[edit on 7/6/09 by Kailassa]

I think we have a winner.

Give te poster a stuffed Hefalump!

Although it took a second look to see it....

new topics

top topics

join