It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists - more untrusting than... ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
I still wish I could find the quote, which was said by an author, whom JFK quoted.

It goes something like this:

"It should be illegal for a citizen to let any motives of their government go unquestioned."

It was a quote from an Athenian politician in the time it had a true democracy.

It has nothing to do with trust, it has everything to do with common sense. People with power want more power.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by shanerz]

I took European/Western History in college and I recall that Athens (could have been Rome, but I can't find anything on Google) also took people to vote, by force, against their will because some people did not care for participating, so I don't imagine that they wouldn't also want to imprison/punish people for not questioning their government.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Just wanted to say see ya Big Guy!!

as this thread withers aways into darkness...

Now the real conspiracys starts..Was N.O.W really the LogitianMagition?

the world will never know..

Waves good bye...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
the ol catch 22..

well trust is earned. Respect is learned. By things bigger and worse than you would increase the rate of learning this. I would term myself as an unintentional seeker whos course has been utterly confusing up until recent when i started figuring things out about my world...Tweet..stomp stomp..hum.

Random oddities of patterns arose out of the chaos of seeing the base patterns. Its like everything just frickin clicked at once, I was still good ol stupid moron self at the time. but enhanced internaly with a higher functioning.
now this could have been a machine..it wasnt..

i just see the patterns of mankind as the eye naturaly follows that which grabs the mind of it, an interesting cloud, a beautiful woman scantily clad. a nice car perhaps...a talking tree..wt$

so over time and with intrusions that inflicted serious harm on my psyche from humans talking and violence upon me coupled with some seriously beneficial experiences. i learned the truth about our world. And followed the source to a beneficial destination in my head. thus extrapolating a sense of accomplishment and a repaying to the source for all my youthful idiocies. Now im here. and going wow, I could've re-invented the wheel while i was doing this. mmm maybe i just will..

(chuckles insanely and laughs)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm more untrusting.

I just don't think we should believe everything we're told by a group of people who are trying to make us see everything their way. Not everything they say is going to be correct, not everything they do is going to be in the best interests of everyone.

I think we are just trying to make ourselves informed about certain realities that most are too afraid to consider, because, if they can't trust the people leading them, there is no structure, security, their lives are based on certain notions that no-one will hurt them because they are "protected" by TPTB. They forget that corruptable, fallible humans are in charge. They DO make mistakes. They DO act to further themselves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join