It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists - more untrusting than... ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's come to my attention that most people on this site seem to have a myriad of trust issues. I'd like input on this, and how it relates to conspiracy theories in general.

“You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough”

None of you seem to trust the government, and you barely trust one another! I know you don't trust me. It is humorous, in hindsight, that conspiracy theories themselves are based in the realm of distrust. They all have a main entity which is the object of distrust. Be it FEMA, the Federal Government, the President, Jews, Blacks, Chinese, a large corporation, etc... it seems as if every single one has such-and-such entity which is conclusively untrustworthy and always in the process of performing some rather dubious act.

“Without trust there is nothing.”

... and there is nothing in most conspiracy theories. Most are complete speculation, and foul attempts at that. Fake moon landings, fake space programs, fake air planes, fake terrorists, fake presidents, fake wars, fake gas prices, fake taxes, etc... - it seems that when the worst comes to worst, you guys just deny that things even exist.

“Without trust, words become the hollow sound of a wooden gong. With trust, words become life itself.”

Don't most here see all of the words from the above mentioned entities as hollow? I would think so after reading how the majority here respond to affirmations of the moon landing, who did 9/11, what the goal for GM is, NASA, Obama, etc... etc...

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you”

Perhaps you should be upset with yourselves that you can never trust them again? How can you ever hope to find truth and to deny ignorance when you are denying crucial parts of the puzzle? If you automatically assume that TPTB are lying to you, then you have made a huge mistake in the search for "truth". People here are always mentioned Hitler and the poem about Nazi's "coming for you". This appears to be based in an assumed distrust for whatever entity described.

“You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible.”

Yes, it becomes an NWO-horror story where you are living as wage-slaves, on the verge of being implanted with microchips and being monitored 24/7. It's clear that many here see life and or freedom as impossible. They believe it all comes down to what TPTB will. Based on their complete lack of trust for TPTB, they have concocted an inevitable doom-and-gloom scenario that they truly believe is happening. Further, they typically say they will fight to the death when the time comes, which illustrates the impossibility of life and defeating TPTB.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOhereNOW
It's come to my attention that most people on this site seem to have a myriad of trust issues. I'd like input on this, and how it relates to conspiracy theories in general.

“You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough”

None of you seem to trust the government, and you barely trust one another! I know you don't trust me. It is humorous, in hindsight, that conspiracy theories themselves are based in the realm of distrust. They all have a main entity which is the object of distrust. Be it FEMA, the Federal Government, the President, Jews, Blacks, Chinese, a large corporation, etc... it seems as if every single one has such-and-such entity which is conclusively untrustworthy and always in the process of performing some rather dubious act.

In Light of all the information out there regarding many dubious acts performed by various Governments of the World over the last 100 years....
I find it quite interesting that you can have such rocksteady Trust for an obvious corrupt and immoral establishment.
Also why should I give away my trust so freely??? What have you done to earn my trust??? Sorry buddy but I know who I can and can't trust, unfortunately this is reality and yes there are dubious characters out there! Seems logical to me anyway to be aware of this fact!

... and there is nothing in most conspiracy theories. Most are complete speculation, and foul attempts at that. Fake moon landings, fake space programs, fake air planes, fake terrorists, fake presidents, fake wars, fake gas prices, fake taxes, etc... - it seems that when the worst comes to worst, you guys just deny that things even exist.

Nothing in most conspiracies! Could you generalise it any more???? You seem very sure of your facts.... Let me see, hmmm, ok can I have a list of all the projects currently being operated by military black projects????? Its not even remotely possible that their would be fake or black space projects??

“Without trust, words become the hollow sound of a wooden gong. With trust, words become life itself.”

Don't most here see all of the words from the above mentioned entities as hollow? I would think so after reading how the majority here respond to affirmations of the moon landing, who did 9/11, what the goal for GM is, NASA, Obama, etc... etc...

Again please show me these affirmations...........

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Are you that LogicianMagician guy? I think you are...I think I'll pm a mod to match IP's to banned members..

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
Are you that LogicianMagician guy? I think you are...I think I'll pm a mod to match IP's to banned members..

Yes, I am someone else. I am also a reptilian overlord.

Thanks for illustrating the distrust and paranoid delusion. You obviously have a personal problem with at least one banned member to the point that you associate your dislike of one individual with the assumed dislike of another.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

Your premise is flawed. Your tone and implication seems to be; that either one must trust the government(s) or otherwise is paranoid, delusional, etc.

I am interested in whom exactly you are quoting. At any rate, conspiracy discussions encourage investigatory skills and critical thinking, however not surprising at all that a person like you wouldnt mention that.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The ptb destroyed my life for 17 years now making sure i could not goto work, could not have my own life, and ould not even move away. I am being monitored 24/7 with mind control, and every detail of my life is analysed by scum who go around telling all the details of my life.

This is absolute fact and i live in london. These people made sure i could not have a life, and where absolutely desperate for me to do something wrong.

So to say that trust is lacking is an understatement i have seen the extremes of government power to destroy lifes.

My life is a fact and the crimes doen against me is a fact. You guys try to live my life and see if you can last 17 years of mind control and being monirotred for doing nothing wrong.

The only thing i have on my side is the truth. So all you lot out there laughing about mind control, you are probably being mind controled to but you probably have no clue whatso ever. Mind control is something so rotten, who can trust any government that does it.

Just remember guys never do anything wrong, and they are always the rotten people.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

None of you seem to trust the government, and you barely trust one another!

Darn straight on that. Who would trust anyone potentially as insane, or even more so, than one's self. I always think I'm up to no good but in most cases it's probably just my paranoia. I have cannot prove it conclusively but I'm sure I'm plotting something against myself. It's not what I know about myself but what I or others can prove.

I know you don't trust me.

You, least of all, but at least you earned my deep distrust.

It is humorous, in hindsight, that conspiracy theories themselves are based in the realm of distrust.

Per the above, I project my self-distrust unto others.

But seriously, those in positions of power should not be implicitely trusted to act in the best interest of those whom they are supposed to serve rather than strictly their own. Does one implicitely trust other drivers on the road? No. You keep an eye out, watching for anyone that may collide with your car, and make appropriate maneuvers if they are headed your way. In most cases, each have the same self interest which is acutally mutually beneficial. However, some couldn't care less because they might be too intoxicated to be mindful about anything but getting home or perhaps even to notice the damage in their wake.

I thought that without love there was nothing. How wrong I was.

... and there is nothing in most conspiracy theories.

Some are quite out there but some have some merit, mainly those motivated by greed. Whether or not they are conspiracies is a sometimes a matter of semantics. Some of it is just sociopathic behavior in aggregate. Others I know are untrue because some family members have had a position in some institutions in question.

Perhaps you should be upset with yourselves that you can never trust them again? How can you ever hope to find truth and to deny ignorance when you are denying crucial parts of the puzzle? If you automatically assume that TPTB are lying to you, then you have made a huge mistake in the search for "truth".

Greater trust will come when they behave like good citizens too, but only so far. In the case of the government, they are servants, not masters. Who should let their servants run amok?

They believe it all comes down to what TPTB will. Based on their complete lack of trust for TPTB, they have concocted an inevitable doom-and-gloom scenario that they truly believe is happening.

Do you get out much these days? You must lead an insulated life. However, I suspect most with enough time for ATS and the ability to maintain internet connectivity do as well.

Further, they typically say they will fight to the death when the time comes, which illustrates the impossibility of life and defeating TPTB.

I don't see the point in that statement. Willingness to put the greater good above one's own personal interest does not make resistance futile, quite the opposite. Of course, what "the greater good" means is open to interpretation. That's where the conflict arises amongst individuals who care deeply about the fate of humanity. Some even disagree about what the fate should be, but they care nontheless.

By the way, give me all your bank account info, credit card info, account passwords, pins, etc. Hey guy, relax! Trust me!

Yeah, that's about right. BUT, it isn't really about how much trust is merely doled out in itself. The degree to which I can reason with and come to mutually beneficial agreements with an entity is an independent variable in the trust equation, with prior experience with the entity being fed back into the system. Not surprisingly then, people closer to me are in-general more trusted than those to whom I am, if I'm lucky, a statistic.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

Your premise is flawed. Your tone and implication seems to be; that either one must trust the government(s) or otherwise is paranoid, delusional, etc.

I am interested in whom exactly you are quoting. At any rate, conspiracy discussions encourage investigatory skills and critical thinking, however not surprising at all that a person like you wouldnt mention that.

Regards,

My premise is not flawed, it is your though process which is. I find it rather curious when people admit to the thought process of "it's either this or that". I've never said anything remotely close which suggests that people should trust the government.

Conspiracy discussion encourage investigatory skills and critical thinking as much as a "superman vs. batman" discussion does. Sure, they both do, but they also are both mostly pointless.

Conspiracy theory, from what I've seen is pure entertainment. Just as die-hard comic fans may serious discuss heated conversations about one hero vs. another, conspiracy theorists do the same.

The only difference it seems is that conspiracy theorists have crossed the line of reality vs. fiction. You can easily see this from people here who actually think that they are getting messages from movies. Some guy just posted a thread about MARIO BROS. being some type of message from the future.

You are confusing critical thinking with a runaway imagination.

Science-fiction : Science :: Conspiracy theory : Reality.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thanks for illustrating the distrust and paranoid delusion. You obviously have a personal problem with at least one banned member to the point that you associate your dislike of one individual with the assumed dislike of another.
No,no distrust..Just naming a known troll to another..Thats all..why would I untrust anyone here?I'm not that stupid to let myself get caught up in it..

Un like your self..

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I find it rather curious when people admit to the thought process of "it's either this or that". I've never said anything remotely close which suggests that people should trust the government.

And I find it rather curious that you discourage conspiracy discussion with one breath, then claim not to encourage trust in government(s) with another.

Conspiracy discussion encourage investigatory skills and critical thinking as much as a "superman vs. batman" discussion does. Sure, they both do, but they also are both mostly pointless.

Well I got news for you, this is a conspiracy website, the largest and most comprehensive on the net. You may claim such discussion as pointless, yet, your purpose for being here is?

Conspiracy theory, from what I've seen is pure entertainment.

Apparently, you either see only the garbage with these topics, or you dont know that a lot of conspiracies have turned out - guess what? Real Conspiracies, and theres a long list of them that turned out true.

Some guy just posted a thread about MARIO BROS. being some type of message from the future.

And in-what-community does one-individual represent the majority?

You are confusing critical thinking with a runaway imagination.

And you are confusing imagination with conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No,no distrust..Just naming a known troll to another..Thats all..why would I untrust anyone here?I'm not that stupid to let myself get caught up in it..

Un like your self..

It's all distrust. You don't trust me as an individual separate from someone else you harbor negativity for.

You don't even know yourself; how could you know another?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
And I find it rather curious that you discourage conspiracy discussion with one breath, then claim not to encourage trust in government(s) with another.

I find it curious that you make up allegations to support your agenda, when anyone with a brain realizes what you are saying is slander and garbage.

You really think the people here are that stupid?

I certainly don't.

Well I got news for you, this is a conspiracy website, the largest and most comprehensive on the net. You may claim such discussion as pointless, yet, your purpose for being here is?

I find the conspiracy theorist mentality equally disturbing as I do interesting. I also enjoy the alternative news section as a portal for various news sites.

What is your purpose for being here?

Apparently, you either see only the garbage with these topics, or you dont know that a lot of conspiracies have turned out - guess what? Real Conspiracies, and theres a long list of them that turned out true.

Perhaps it is you who only sees the reasonable in the topics. I've noticed that many here will only look at the possibilities, the things that could be, the might be, and the probable. The fantasy. The fiction. Perhaps it is you who only sees a reasonable speculation.

Perhaps you should look at the garbage as well, because that's where the truth is thrown away and ignored.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I've noticed that many here will only look at the possibilities, the things that could be, the might be, and the probable

And is there something wrong with that?

Perhaps it is you who only sees a reasonable speculation.

Perhaps if you took the time to acquaint yourself with some of the exceptional members and conspiracy theorists here before such rash judgment, you would know that there are a plethora of experts and extremely knowledgeable people. And I can honestly say that there are a whole bunch of members here whom Ive learned from a lot and I have to give them credit as I owe them a lot as well. Dont be so quick to judge. Although I get the feeling that your mind is already made up.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

STOP THE BICKERING NOW

GET ON TOPIC.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I still wish I could find the quote, which was said by an author, whom JFK quoted.

It goes something like this:

"It should be illegal for a citizen to let any motives of their government go unquestioned."

It was a quote from an Athenian politician in the time it had a true democracy.

It has nothing to do with trust, it has everything to do with common sense. People with power want more power.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by shanerz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join