It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to put N. Korea back on 'terror list'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So right Slayer69.

We go to war under false pretenses for the very reasons we should HELP others.

Rwanda anyone?

Genocide?

This country is completely ass backwards on foreign policy. Promoting freedom is a far more powerful tool than trying to force it! Why in the hell aren't we doing that?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have to admit...I really like that I'm seeing that people want peace on ATS. I'm so tired of war. It's just good to know that people can see a different way of things. Watching television...you'll never get that.

It's been a long time since we could remember what it was like without it.

Seriously, to quote a certain person known as Rodney King...

"Can't we all just get along?"

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would certainly be keeping a constant eye on the news if I was an American anyway. Tense times.

Times like this will certainly test the "wonder president" Barack Obama.
Every move is vital not to have error.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

Times like this will certainly test the "wonder president" Barack Obama.

Well, most of his domestic policy is absolutely horrible and he's making things worse.

But.

His speech in Cairo the other day was awesome. I honestly don't think a better one could have been written. You have to have the support of Islam that you want peace....and that we want to leave the region...and that we have a common enemy.

This is the way out. The only way out that I can see. Wars end through politics...not by fighting.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

As much as I do dislike Obama, his rhetoric in foreign countries is flawless. The speach in Berlin drew the same type of positive reviews. He does really well in large crowds this one.

Hence why he's the perfect canditate. Handsome, young and a good speaker.

I think the put the wheels in motion for some diplomacy with the Muslim community during his trip to Cairo.

I wish he would have held a town hall there, to see what people actually thought. It would have been nice to see him field questions from actual citizens.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i started this topic earlier

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
i started this topic earlier

True but this thread has been more successful than yours.

Anyway back on point. Yes Obama does appear to be the right man for giving speeches but speeches alone won't save the economy and probably wouldn't stop N. Korea going all nuclear on the south's ass lol

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

As much as I do dislike Obama, his rhetoric in foreign countries is flawless. The speach in Berlin drew the same type of positive reviews. He does really well in large crowds this one. Hence why he's the perfect canditate. Handsome, young and a good speaker.

Exactly. He is an unbelievable speaker. People want to believe him. I see through much of it as it's against what I believe (small government), especially with his insane spending habits, but what that speech was almost perfect in Cairo. I hope it works!

He did not insult anyone...he accepted all views and just said that we need to come to an understanding. Great stuff really.

I've said this in another thread....his father being a Muslim and Obama's color itself.....

This would not be possible with a white candidate...i truly believe that. Imagine McCain trying to reach out with the same words.....it would not have the same effect.

I always try to stay blind of color....but this obviously works in our favor (for peace) with Obama's color and background.

The same thing that people were angry with during election time could actually bring peace.

You have to give credit where credit is due.

This separates the people who truly believe in something and that of the haters.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

Anyway back on point. Yes Obama does appear to be the right man for giving speeches but speeches alone won't save the economy and probably wouldn't stop N. Korea going all nuclear on the south's ass

That's for certain....but it's a step in the right direction. A different approach was necessary. Al Queda is growing for a reason...and it's because of their perception of us and our accidental killings of civilians.

His speeches definitely will not save the economy....although he tries. How about the tribute to Ronald Reagan? Or the promotion of a gay pride month?

This is to appease the growing anger in the country....I have to admit....they are quite skillful in what they do....you just have to see through it.

Still no gay marriage...but here's a gay pride month.
The NEO-CONS are enraged....but here's a Ronald Reagan tribute (the first neo-con president...who btw...was a former DEMOCRAT) which is the most celebrated neo-con of them all!

Ronald Reagan, like Obama, was a great speaker. When you are a great speaker, you can do things that others don't approve of and get away with it.

Need I say more?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I agree fully.

I think it's the fact that when Obama speaks, he believes himself, which makes it all the more sincere.

As much as I know he's lying half the time I WANT to believe he's doing the right thing. I think below the politician/puppet surface he's really a good guy who perhaps is in the wrong playing field.

George, I knew he was lying and I didn't trust him from the get go, so I was never bothered or angered by any of his actions, they were to be expected.

It's a little different with Obama. I think we all on some level have been swept into Obamamania.

If he'd been around in the 70 or something he might have done great things, but he's been dealt a bad hand.

I hope his message gets accross and the pundits don't bash him for stupid things. Wait a minute, they've already been tarnishing this speech by focusing on the fact that he didnt' say terrorist.

How stupid the MSM is.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There's another thread in BAN that was posted first.

Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, I've moved this thread to War On Terrorism. Feel free to continue with your discussion. The topic is: "US to put N. Korea back on 'terror list'". Please stick to the topic, thank you.

[edit on 7 Jun 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What is it about Obama when you look at the facts you see the economy is getting worse but even I can't help but hope he hasn't pulled out all the stops yet and he will come through. I suppose everybody believed he was the hero of America and nobody likes to admit their Hero is dead or not a hero at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's a little different with Obama. I think we all on some level have been swept into Obamamania.

You couldn't be more right.

And why is that really?

Race and Religion.

Capitalism is seen as something that benefits white people...but why? The reason is all of the people at the top of capitalism are WHITE/CHRISTIAN/JEWISH.

This is a problem...and this is why people make the correlation. I often see the word Capitalism associated with Racism.

Am I the only one?

People need to look further into why they believe what they believe....if they did...they would find hypocrisy....

I know I did. Accepting it is the first step.

Getting beyond it is the second.

The third?

Accepting each other.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
[edit on 6/7/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You're right, just look at the news recently. Wells Fargo is being accused of racist tendencies towards African Americans. Obama played that race card very well.

I don't think a caucasian could pull all of this off with such ease. There would be many more hoops to jump through.

And it is a difficult thing to come to terms that racism is still very prevelant in our society. Even I am prone to it on some level or another in certain situations. We all are.

It's virtually been programmed into us by our very dark history of destroying cultures and assimilating different races of people. The problem was, we wanted to them to act white, and go by our rules.

Which has failed miserably as we all can see.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is just another example of the doublespeak that went on for the last 8 years. Anybody remember that North Korea was part of the AXIS OF EVIL? And how we don't negotiate with terrorists? Then how come North Korea's not even on the terror list anymore?

I'll tell you how come... because we peed our pants when Kimmy tested a tiny nuke and bent right over for whatever he wanted. Give you oil and money, yessir. Take you off the terror list, yessir.

Because of that cowardice we've had Iran and now Syria maybe starting nuclear programs, and here comes Kimmy back for the rest of our lunch money.

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're right, just look at the news recently. Wells Fargo is being accused of racist tendencies towards African Americans. Obama played that race card very well. I don't think a caucasian could pull all of this off with such ease. There would be many more hoops to jump through. And it is a difficult thing to come to terms that racism is still very prevelant in our society. Even I am prone to it on some level or another in certain situations. We all are.

Absolutely. I fight against it myself...I think anyone who is TRULY for equal rights fights with themselves on this.

Racism is definitely a factoring point in our society. I wish it wasn't...I really do.

I've always viewed Capitalism as freedom....a chance for everyone to succeed. The problem is that it has fallen to the depths of corruption...as it can be manipulated.

Everyone wants to blame the CEO's of the major companies. But it is NOT the ceo's. It's the major stockholders. They can sit in the background...no one knowing their names...and do everything they can to improve their wealth.

They don't care if they ship jobs out of the country....they are making more money!

REPEAL NAFTA!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wonder if this is at the direction of Clinton's Chinese Red Army handlers? Word is they aren't too happy with North Korea's recent actions, but they won't do anything themselves to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah NAFTA was a bust.

Total piece of garbage policy. Take us in Canada for example. We sell them our oil, they sell it back to us at a higher price. Now when our oil becomes low and it costs us more to produce and export it, we can't change the price, or even STOP exporting it.

It's ridiculous.

And this can be tied in to NK as well. These people have no idea what free trade is, they've never had the opportunity because the governments have always messed it up for them.

What do you think would happen if a successfull democratic election were to take place and NK become a stable region in the world? What kind of inovations and products could be created and sold to benefit them and us as well?

We systematically disarm a nations economy in order to make them bend to our will, and quite frankly it's just wrong.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yeah, I think that is important. China is really the world power now. We would not be over there begging for money if they weren't.

The USA's time for domination is already over. We are regressing...and we have to.

And it's all at fault of over the top spending, social programs, and war....with inflation added in to make it seem less of a burden on the American people.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by David9176]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join