It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mentor to Google founders dies in 'swimming pool accident'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Rajeev Motwani, a Stanford University professor who advised the founders of search engine giant Google in their college days, has been found dead at his home in California.

“His body was found in the swimming pool at his backyard on Friday,” said Dan Stober, director of media relations at Stanford University, told Bloomberg. The cause of death “is still unclear” at the moment, Stober said.

Hmmm a 'swimming pool accident' sounds suspicious

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

Hmmm a 'swimming pool accident' sounds suspicious

Why is that? Care to explain?

People drown in the pool all the time, certainly nothing fishy about that.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yahoo got their revenge

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Fully grown adult males are quite good at swimming...well most are, where are your stats and figures for adult deaths due to a 'swimming pool accident'? oh yeah, and since when was a body found in a swimming pool with an unclear cause of death not fishy??

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I agree, most adults are adept at swimming.
If you own a pool, i think the likelihood of being a decent swimmer is increased..

Something definitely sounds fishy...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

In 2005, there were 3,582 fatal unintentional drownings in the United States, averaging ten deaths per day. An additional 710 people died, from drowning and other causes, in boating-related incidents.1, 2

Source

It goes on to state that:

More than one in four fatal drowning victims are children 14 and younger

So that would leave us with approx. 2687 people drowning, thats more than 1 a day. From that its safe to say that quit a few of those will have drowned in the pool.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
maybe he was about to sue for uncredited work in/for google and there products so some one took 'care' of him.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Good work, you'd think the powers that be would run some kind of advertising campaign to stop all these dummies drowning, to be fair, if I saw this in the news and it never said "Google mentor" or something along those lines I wouldn't of even looked at the article, but a body in a pool with unknown cause is defo fishy where I live

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

It doesn't matter if you're good at swimming if you have a seizure, or or black out for one reason or another. Things that would just make a person collapse on land can result in fatal drowning in the water.

top topics

join