It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Says New Reserve Currency to Replace Dollar Is Possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I agree with your philosophy and I'm sure many others, as well. That was one way of putting it, MILDLY.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

You got that right. Next will be the chip on the hand. Suppposedly to reduce Identity theft and stick us all in a Global database.

I'll never accept that RFID chip and I will never allow the PTB to brand me like cattle. I would rather starve and I'll do just that if it should happen. Man does not subsist by just bread alone. If any one accepts that, then they are truly a slave to the dark sinister Cabal running things from the shadows. They can't even come out in the open and say what they want to do with the world and I'll never give a moment of interest to a bunch of cowards. These holier than thou elites are parasites and hypocrites to believe that they can run things better than the next man. They think they are gods in the flesh and know what is best for all of us and boy are they delusional. That chipping phenomenon makes my blood boil.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Reality check...There is a big world outside of America,nothing in this article states there will be a world currency,there will be a world *reserve* currency.The world is not stagnant and neither is economics,all i see here is a big tantrum from paranoid americans thinking the world is going to end because no one will use the dollar as a reserve currency.Boo hoo.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

The answer to this will result in a global currency. Never before in History have experienced this,. Not even the freat depression.

By 2010 we will be in a new era. None has been witnessed this before.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yes, that's one way to look at it.

To determine the currencies in the SDR’S and their amounts it is calculated by IMF Executive Board every five years.

The value of one SDR in terms of the United States dollars is determined daily by the IMF.

I’d like to see that calculation, considering depreciation, and the USA’s national Debt ratio.

What’s the standard? If they call this (gold paper) will we also have to give them our gold as collateral?

Funny that you mention gold, most central banks in europe have sold a lot of their gold last years, not sure who is buying though. Could it be the IMF building a huge gold reserve that will back up their new global currency ?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

I figured, perhaps the Cinese were buying all the gold. Good point that the IMF might want the gold to back the SDR's.Back to the gold starndard and wehave none left,,,,,

It make a person who will be running this new show!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I'll never accept that RFID chip and I will never allow the PTB to brand me like cattle. I would rather starve and I'll do just that if it should happen. Man does not subsist by just bread alone.

Me neither. Good for you. I draw the line at that; I'll take a self-administered bullet to the skull before I let some clown tag me like an animal.

Thanks very much to the OP for the topic...this is enormous news. There has been talk about an SDR changeover in several circles before but the whole thing died for a while. The cited article is the most concrete manifestation yet of this idea in "mainstream" press I've yet seen, so thanks again.

I would be interested to hear any informed opinions about the movement of A) Gold and B) yen in response to these developments. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You know how much money it will cost to introduce a new currency .....Would only help us into further debt.......

This is a short term solution for a long term problem......not very wise.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A paperless currency forced on us from anywhere whether its here at home or an international one is a declaration of war on the people. When that happens its game over at that point.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

A global *reserve* currency,there is a pretty big difference between that and a global currency...a very large difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Come on, dont you understand we are headed there with the IMF, all central bankers know it and a peons like me. It's hard to swipe it uder the table.

It's economics 101 and you better prepare for Hyperinflation in 3 years or less.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

It seems to me you simply want to believe there will be one and not using any evidence to suggest there will be.You keep posting threads about a global reserve currency and somehow link it to a global currency all the time.I think your reasoning is faith based.Of course i could be wrong,but i've not seen anything that would make me jump to the conclusion every country in the world will be using *insert here*.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It is my belief that the reserve currency at the IMF will eventually be one Global bank. Based on faith or not it may soon happen. Were broke! Do you like having the IMF putting a value on your SDR'S.

If they are called gold paper I assume they will have some sort of value placed on US currency. I'm not sure if they also want our gold to back it up. i havent got that far yet.

Have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join