It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is just crazy airshhips in 1897?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I live by ware alot of this took place.but i dont know what to think. www.angelfire.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by slayerfan]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
That's really interesting...

I found a link on how time travel could be possible at the NOVA site online, here it is.

NOVA ONLINE - TIME TRAVEL

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
good read any other therys

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I read your link- it was interesting. This was quite a while back though. The farmer said he found an aluminum wheel, was there such a thing way back then?
Odd, for sure.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Count Von Zeppelin flew his first airship just three years after this episode. And a man named T. S. Baldwin was flying successful dirigibles in the US as early as 1904. Here's a link to a picture and paragraph about an airship he developed that was accepted by the U.S. Military in 1908:

inventors.about.com...

As far as aluminum goes, I asked my hubby, who is a chemist, and he said the current commercial process was patented in 1866. It would make sense to use aluminum in an airship, too.

As for the rest, well the internal combustion engine and electricity had been invented and were in use by then, so they wouldn't have been out of place, either.

They used hydrogen back then to float the things, and it was very explosive, so certainly could have caused an accident.

Seems to me it could easily have been an experimental airship. The technology was certainly all there.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
before the recent "ufo" fad and before the invent of real airships and airplanes, people saw airships where we now see UFO's and alien spacecraft. what you are finding are the equivelent of modern day UFO reports

top topics

join