It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that lump under the rug?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Alien/ UFO disclosure?
Cure for cancer, or AIDS?
The real story behind the Illuminatti?
Hey, wait..there is another one!
Oh, that must be for all the money going to NASA to promote fake "space exploration."
Damn..it's a miracle nobody notices those bulges under the carpeting. Amazing no one trips over them.Unbelievable that there is nobody who ever removes them...
Oh my! Was that a conspiracy over there...Whoops.... missed it again....must have been swept up by a man in a white van and a black suit.
Yes, Iam slightly mocking.
Truth, as I believe truth of many subjects to be..I fear will not be discovered in our lifetime anymore than it was in centuries past.
Going back thousands of years people feared the end of the world, tried to appease gods and tried to understand how the world around us works. Some of their theories were dead on and others were way off and laughable. I don't really think our evolutionary process has brought us any closer to knowing the truth about things than theirs did.
Through the ages our technology has advanced, but our spirituality has declined.
You cannot connect with something you have deliberately separated yourself from.
The grand illusion of life is what fills up your daily routine and the search for truth a hobby, a pastime.You may find little clues here and there, you may even find a great theory that you can adopt and apply for awhile....
but while you are here, on this plane of existence , in this time..you won't find all the truth. The truth changes with time, ever-evolving. No, this isn't proof..an observation..a deep thought. How often do you pull away from everyday hustle and bustle to just do that..think?
Is there a purpose to this post? I dunno, that's about as elusive as the conspiracy that there is truth to all things.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Agreed with you that spirituality is on the decline.

And you heard the proverb right, "What we know is little and what we know not is immense". So, the perspective with which we see the world is based on the current understanding/knowledge that we have. And this is knowledge is such that we are unable to disprove absolutely, because there is always an approximation/error bar. So, slowly but surely all the questions you ask will be answered.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Through the ages our technology has advanced, but our spirituality has declined.
You cannot connect with something you have deliberately separated yourself from.

I think that, although not necessarily technology, but our evolition and development has brought us greater understanding of our world... we know now how to travel through the air or underwater, we can explore the depths of the ocean and space. Whilst this may not be an understanding of any particular "Truths", we're getting to a point where we can guide our own evolution.

As far as spirituality goes, I don't believe I have a soul per se - I believe I'm a unique individual, shaped by many different things and that I have the ability to further change on my own, just as I will be further changed by whatever may occur in my life. I have good friends, family and a good relationship, but spirituality doesn't enter into my life nor that of any of my friends/family, with the exception of my grandmother, who is a christian.

Perhaps we're a long way off any truths, I think it's more about the journey though and what you do along the way - and that you do seek whatever truths you need rather than staying static and complacent.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
all i do really is stare at bulges in the carpet and point

ever since i was done at college i decided i could not possibly exist within the "hustle and bustle" as you say

that is why i devoted my life to just thinking about stuff and having fun

and trying to open my mind to the reality that has been hidden from us under that dirty carpet for so long

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The key is to finding the right lump in the carpet to answer your questions, huh?

top topics

join