It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete Remote Airliner Control Before 9-11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

AMENDED VERSION: Wide Area Augmentation System Signal Now Available

August 24, 2000

"WASHINGTON, DC - After a successful 21-day stability test of the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) signal in space, the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) declared that it is now available for some aviation and all non-aviation uses ... The system demonstrated one to two meters horizontal accuracy and two to three meters vertical accuracy throughout the contiguous United States ... Raytheon will operate the system for the FAA on a continuous basis"

www.faa.gov...

One member having served on Raytheon's Special Advisory Board is "Project for the New American Century" signatory Richard Armitage.

usinfo.state.gov...

Only 3 weeks after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, a patent was applied for regarding a system that would override pilot control from an autopilot equipped aircraft and redirect such an aircraft to a predetermined destination via pre-programmed autopilot settings. This patent cites the Differential Global Position Satellite research and development conducted by Honeywell and NASA during the mid-1990s.

""A method for ... deactivating on-board control of the autopilot system; directing the autopilot system to fly the aircraft to a landing."

"One optional feature of the invention disables the aircraft's communications equipment."

patft.uspto.gov... Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=...

Honeywell's Differential GPS Satellite Landing System

July/August, 1995

"The Honeywell team participated in Boeing's Category III-b flight test evaluation program in July and August of 1995. NASA supplied the 757 aircraft and flight test facility. Boeing supplied the pilots, ground crew, maintenance, flight test personnel and performed the aircraft modifications for the flight tests. The flight tests were accomplished at NASA's Wallops Island, Virginia, flight test facility. A total of 75 Category III-b automatic landings were accomplished during this phase of flight testing. The autopilot used the DGPS to guide the aircraft to a landing and ... performance data of these flight tests showed that the Honeywell DGPS landing system achieved the predicted system accuracy of one to two meters."

www.bluecoat.org...

Getting To The Point In Pinpoint Landing

www.rense.com...

Remote control takeover of the planes has long been a speculation in the 9/11 truth movement. And given the sheer difficulty of the maneuvers that day by the aircraft, to me it makes more sense than any theory that inept hijackers were at the controls.

This is just a snippet. Please visit link to read whole story, which establishes that remote control was available on 757's and 767's, well before 9/11.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

And with Richard Armitage on the advisory board for Raytheon, it just adds more fuel to the fire!

[edit on Sun Jun 7th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
ok, so I suppose that this technology could have been used for the Air France jet. It would explain the no mayday call and perhaps some of the messages such as the autopilot being disengaged. The technology has been around for a long time and deserves consideration.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
On 9/11 i remember seeing a strange white dot on the tower before the plane hit.This vid is the best explanation i have seen for it.

youtube ''Laser Painting "UAV" Drone Attack on WTC 9/11 Evidence''

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
On 9/11 i remember seeing a strange white dot on the tower before the plane hit. This vid is the best explanation i have seen for it.

You're referring to this video:

www.youtube.com...

The "white dot" is a piece of paper fluttering through the air. And the "drone" your video mentions is two birds flying in formation!
None of our planes fly that fast across a screen.

As far as the IR light, yes a camera can pick up the IR light from the actual light bulb on the remote. The light is not intense enough at even a couple inches away from a wall in complete darkness to show up on a camera. So it wouldn't be visible in daylight at all. I just tested this with my camera and anyone else can test it with theirs. Even a cell-phone video camera works just fine.

The "white dot" is just paper fluttering in the air, nothing more. We've never needed IR or laser tracking for our remote-controlled planes. Missiles and bombs, yes. Planes, no.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"The Lone Gunmen" Pilot Episode (March 4, 2001)-

Quote from wikipedia-
"World Trade Center Parallel

Foreshadowing a number of conspiracy theories in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the plot of the March 4, 2001 pilot episode of the series depicts a secret U.S. government agency plotting to hijack a domestic commercial Boeing 727 originally heading for Boston from New York City but diverted it to crash into the World Trade Center via remote control for the purpose of increasing the military defense budget and blaming the attack on foreign "tin-pot dictators" who are "begging to be smart-bombed."

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)
Thats right, in the pilot episode of "the lone gunmen" the plane which was scheduled to fly into the world trade center building was indeed remotely controlled. Langly has to hack into the navigation systems and gain remote access to steer it off at the last second.
Coincidence??

[edit on 7-6-2009 by WonkoTheSane]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WonkoTheSane

And here's a video link to the highlights of the episode:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

On 9/11 i remember seeing a strange white dot on the tower before the plane hit. This vid is the best explanation i have seen for it.

www.youtube.com...

The "white dot" is a piece of paper fluttering through the air. And the "drone" your video mentions is two birds flying in formation!

As far as the IR light, yes a camera can pick up the IR light from the actual light bulb on the remote. The light is not intense enough at even a couple inches away from a wall in complete darkness to show up on a camera. So it wouldn't be visible in daylight at all. I just tested this with my camera and anyone else can test it with theirs. Even a cell-phone video camera works just fine.

The "white dot" is just paper fluttering in the air, nothing more. We've never needed IR or laser tracking for our remote-controlled planes. Missiles and bombs, yes. Planes, no.

IR is regularly used by our military for long distance targeting.
Please watch this video

Iraqi Infared Targeting

I am not sure of the exact technology behind it but it looks like a IR "Laser" Beam.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
I am not sure of the exact technology behind it but it looks like a IR "Laser" Beam.

That's exactly what it is. An IR laser. And you're only able to see it because it's night-time and the camera has a night vision device. You would not see that IR laser in broad daylight.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

www.youtube.com...

You're joking right? If it is paper, it is quite large, but you overlooked the force of the plane and the explosion, would have made that "paper" fly off in a different direction. This "piece of paper" continued unaffected by air displacement caused by the force of the explosion and the jet itself and continued passing by the next building. I don't think a bird would have stuck around either. There are other videos showing round objects flying in and out of the smoke near both buildings. Still lots of un-answered questions. Jimmy2theR

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WonkoTheSane

i dont know if it a coincidence or not but it sure the hell is creepy
the same thing happened with the tom clancys Rainbow six video game
predict the war between south oseia and Russia , also the tv show THE UNIT they had an episode were the went after the last Nazi to arrest him for war crimes, 3 months after it aired the FBI found the last Nazi in Ohio
and was sent back to Germany and tried for war crimes....

ITS JUST TO FLIPN WEIRD

[edit on 7-6-2009 by smoking man]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
While watching the IR/fluttering piece of paper,I notice it never completely loses it's light signature.It slightly winks as does starlight through our atmosphere yet never goes completely 'out'.Then,later in the video there is a shower of debris from the bdg,showing actual fluttering stuff which has periods of complete loss of reflected light as you would expect when the edge is presented to view.So I say the earlier example of mysterious white light is not fluttering paper.And if it truly was a light beam traversing the facade of the building,the winking would be obviously explained by the window recesses and other irregularities on the surface,none deep enough to completely 'swallow' and hide the light.And also woulden't the air wave that accompanied the incoming plane have pushed it aside at the last if it was some random piece of paper that just happened to be floating how high?(And where from?)Think trying to scoop a piece of schmatz from your bath water,it's tricky as your hand pushes the water aside and with it,the bit-o-crud.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Assuming the IR/Laser painting were true in this case, would it not be just as simple to have a man or two on the ground, in a relatively hidden spot, aiming such a thing at the towers?
I mean, I'm sure there are such devices that are hand held and could easily have been used in this case without drawing too much attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

(From your post)

Only 3 weeks after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, a patent was applied for regarding a system that would override pilot control from an autopilot equipped aircraft and redirect such an aircraft to a predetermined destination via pre-programmed autopilot settings. This patent cites the Differential Global Position Satellite research and development conducted by Honeywell and NASA during the mid-1990s.

""A method for ... deactivating on-board control of the autopilot system; directing the autopilot system to fly the aircraft to a landing."

Firstly, the Patent application was in response to the 9/11 events. This inventor didn't have a working prototype, just an application that he thought he could jump the gun with and prevent others from making a fortune off of the hysteria in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks.

Secondly, the GPS AutoLand demonstrations were simply to show that GPS could be JUST as reliable as using ground-based ILS, as had been done for decades already. In fact, the intent was to have GPS be even more accurate, and reliable...not subject to interference by equipment movements on the ground near transmitting antennae, for instance.

Thirdly, back to the "Take-over and land" Patent application, that had a long, long way to go. You have no idea how much has to be done, to configure an airplane for landing. Each step, in order...and so many things could go wrong, without a Human at the controls.

EDIT:

From another part, (the bluecoat.org link...which you should read again)

...The autopilot used the DGPS to guide the aircraft to a landing and ... performance data of these flight tests showed that the Honeywell DGPS landing system achieved the predicted system accuracy of one to two meters."

(Bolding is mine).
Please note, one to two meters....that is over three to six feet! Sounds good, except I've made my share of AutoLandings....in order to remain current for the real thing, we conduct them periodically on clear days. BUT you have to have the right conditions (winds) and the correct approach facility (ILS and associated CATIII runway).

I've never seen the nose more than a foot or two off the centerline of the runway. This, using conventional ILS equipment that transmits regular VHF and UHF radio frequencies.

[edit on 6/7/0909 by weedwhacker]

[edit on 6/7/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy2theR
You're joking right? If it is paper, it is quite large, but you overlooked the force of the plane and the explosion, would have made that "paper" fly off in a different direction.

Your statement shows why you think it's something else other than a piece of paper. You're not looking at the whole picture. That piece of paper is blocks away from the WTC. That's why you think it has to be large or affected by the plane impact because you think it is close to the WTC. That piece of paper floats in front of a building near the camera proving it isn't anywhere near the WTC. Both impacts ejected tons of paper from both buildings. That piece of paper could've came from the first impact or who knows? But it is paper you will not see IR in broad daylight.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Dig, and ye shall find-

(5/25/05) Raytheon involved in 9/11 ???

As details of the passengers on the four hijacked flights emerge, some are shown to have curious connections to the defense company Raytheon, and possibly its Global Hawk pilotless aircraft program (see 1998 (D) and August 2001).

1) Stanley Hall (Flight 77) was director of program management for Raytheon Electronics Warfare. One Raytheon colleague calls him "our dean of electronic warfare." [AP, 9/25/01]

2) Peter Gay (Flight 11) was Raytheon's Vice President of Operations for Electronic Systems and had been on special assignment to a company office in El Segundo, Calif. [AP, 9/25/01] Raytheon's El Segundo's Electronic Systems division is one of two divisions making the remote controlled Global Hawk. [ISR Journal, 3/02]

3) Kenneth Waldie (Flight 11) was a senior quality control engineer for Raytheon's electronic systems.

4) David Kovalcin (Flight 11) was a senior mechanical engineer for Raytheon's electronic systems. [CNN, 9/01]

5) Herbert Homer (Flight 175) was a corporate executive working with the Department of Defense. [CNN, 9/01, Northeastern University Voice, 12/11/01]

Raytheon employees with possible links to Global Hawk can be connected to three of the four flights. There may be more, since many of the passengers' jobs and personal information have remained anonymous.
A surprising number of passengers, especially on Flight 77, have military connections. For instance, William E. Caswell was a Navy scientist whose work was so classified that his family knew very little about what he did each day. Says his mother, "You just learn not to ask questions." [Chicago Tribune, 9/16/01]

(5/24/07) Is it a coincidence that 14 people on the planes worked for.....

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
(10/01/01) Civil-Military Interoperability For GPS Assisted Aircraft Landings Demonstrated

A government-industry team accomplished the first precision approach by a civil aircraft using a military Global Positioning System (GPS) landing system Aug. 25 at Holloman AFB, N.M., Raytheon Company announced today.

A FedEx Express 727-200 Aircraft equipped with a Rockwell-Collins GNLU-930 Multi-Mode Receiver landed using a Raytheon-developed military ground station. Raytheon designed and developed the differential GPS ground station under an Air Force contract for the Joint Precision Approach and Landings System (JPALS) program.

And another Raytheon connection-

(10/05/01) Phantom Flight From Florida
web.archive.org...://www.tampatrib.com/MGA3F78EFSC.html

TAMPA - The twin-engine Lear jet streaked into the afternoon sky, leaving Tampa behind but revealing a glimpse of international intrigue in the aftermath of terrorist attacks on America.

The federal government says the flight never took place.

But the two armed bodyguards hired to chaperon their clients out of the state recall the 100-minute trip Sept. 13 quite vividly.

In the end, the son of a Saudi Arabian prince who is the nation's defense minister and the son of a Saudi army commander made it to Kentucky for a waiting 747 and a trip to their homeland.

The hastily arranged flight out of Raytheon Airport Services, a private hangar on the outskirts of Tampa International Airport, was anything but ordinary. It lifted off the tarmac at a time when every private plane in the nation was grounded due to safety concerns after the Sept. 11 attacks.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy2theR

Thank you for that. I was like a piece of paper are you kidding me. JC

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

Snippet from your source:

The hastily arranged flight out of Raytheon Airport Services, a private hangar on the outskirts of Tampa International Airport, was anything but ordinary.

Looks like you did some bolding in the body of the text?

Anyway, Raytheon is a big DoD contractor...now, of course, they've merged with Honeywell. Just as Boeing and McDonnell Douglas have merged....they were, and are, still very big DoD contractors. Who do you think builds stuff for the military?

Look....it seems that you're implying something by insinuation, here.

The Bushies knew that they needed to please the Saudi Royals. They wanted cover, while getting the family members out. I'll betcha, if you dig, you may find that the Lear was CIA. They may have chosen a Raytheon-operated FBO for security, or maybe it was the closest facility to the Prince at the time???

You've dug up an old thread, fine. But, since it seems to have died, dontcha wonder why? This is ATS! Lilke a dog with a bone, nothing is let go of, unless it is chewed away so that nothing is left.

As it was pointed out, it was unfortunate, but not any great conspiracy, to have employees of Raytheon, and other corps that do business with the Gov't, onboard. Honeywell has a huge facility in LA....in El Segundo, actually. Do you think all of those employees commited suicide?

No...I remember now, it was supposed to be 'war games' that got out of hand. Well, it just don't happen that way.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Call me a thread archaeologist then.

Maybe there's fellow thread archaeologists like myself that appreciate the bones you have deemed picked clean, which is perfect for us to exhume and examine once again.

I'm well familiar with Raytheon, and DoD contractors, you can feel free to peruse some of the threads I've authored.

Look, it seems you have it all figured out, which is fine, but there's others who haven't been here as long as us, and I say let's give them the same opportunity to review this information and pluck whatever morsels of goodness that might remain.

Do you think all of those employees commited suicide?

No, I believe those high-Level employees who had connections to Raytheon's Global Hawk pilotless aircraft program, were murdered.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I blogged an article about this a long time ago on my old blogsite that no longer exists.

This is a really interesting feature that was installed on all boeing jets starting in the year 2000.

www.systron.com...

The QRS-11 is the same component used for GPS guided weapons and UAV's.

It is the brain of any remote control system.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join