It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real UFO at the Red Bull Airrace Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
found this video yesterday I found interesting.
had me stumped as to how this guy noticed it though.

www.youtube.com...

hope this video has not been posted before hate to get roasted.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Looks like a "rod", aka its a flying bug.

But of course this professional cameraman that made the video says it cant be a bug so I guess it cant

[edit on 7-6-2009 by merka]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It is a out of focus insect or fly. Thats all.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
fast little fkr if it was.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Its one of those darn Rod things again...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think it has more of a solid shape than the flying rods

www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
still am very impressed that the camera guy picked it up while editing.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Dude, that looks like a textbook rod to me...IMHO, that is...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Even if it is a rod..how exactly is that a flying insect?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Are people serious about this? A two minute video about a one second clip of a bug flying by?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Are people serious about this? A two minute video about a one second clip of a bug flying by?

How in the world is that a bug..

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It looks just like a bug and it flies just like a bug.

Ok, maybe it's behind the people on screen...

Then it looks and flies exactly like a bird or other common flying thing.

Can you prove that those things don't look like that on video?
No, because that's exactly what they look like on video, especially when they fly past a stationary camera's piont of view in under two seconds

I'll consider changing my mind if you can prove me wrong.

Let me guess, birds/insects "can't fly that fast?"

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
You know - I have seen documentaries on RODS and I'm on the fence.. On one hand I can see how their bugs. On the other hand I also feel that they may be not of our earth. But then again we may have just hit the right era in camera technology that over the recent years we can now spot them with footage & slo motion cameras.. But my only thought is.. If these are bugs why hasn't someone caught one?? I’ve seen the cave footage to where they are abundant and flying all around.. Someone snag one of these sucks and dissect it.. Then we'll know for sure!! Personally I have never seen one just like I have never seen a UFO - but can we settle this once and for all and catch one?? Or if anyone out there in ATS land knows of a capture please add it here for all to see.. Enjoy Your Monday!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
It looks just like a bug and it flies just like a bug.

Ok, maybe it's behind the people on screen...

Then it looks and flies exactly like a bird or other common flying thing.

Can you prove that those things don't look like that on video?
No, because that's exactly what they look like on video, especially when they fly past a stationary camera's piont of view in under two seconds

I'll consider changing my mind if you can prove me wrong.

Let me guess, birds/insects "can't fly that fast?"

For someone demanding proof, you sure seem to be slinging hypotheses left and right. Have you got any proof that it's a bug? Or a bird if your first guess is wrong? because this seems like guessing and you saying it is a bug is no more credible than someone else saying it's not a bug.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You're right, it's obviously more likely to be a hyper-speed alien/unknown creature that just happened to be caught on camera.

And there are absolutely no cases of birds/bugs flying past peoples' cameras anywhere to compare it to, so I guess we'll just have to stick with the ufo explanation for now...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's a bug, for crying out loud.

The reason we don't see "rods" is because they are bugs. We do see them, and rods are certainly not moving so fast as to not be identifiable (they move no faster than a Nerf dart - if I can see those things - I'm sure you can, unless I'm some genetically modified super-soldier, who conveniently missed the "20/20 or better" vision treatment).

Humans are one of the only animals capable of locking onto a moving object and following it without moving their heads. It gives us an exceptional capability to identify moving objects. This ability is exceptional - even amongst primates, and unheard of outside of primates. Bounce a ball in front of a cat. Its eyes don't track the ball as much as its head does. The same goes for a dog. They can look in different directions - but they cannot focus unless their face is pointed directly at the target. It is also why humans have rather small pupils and corneas relative to the size of their eyes, by comparison to other animals - we can utilize the additional range of motion provided by our more agile eyes.

If any animal could see a moving object - it would be a human.

Video cameras do not record information as a set of still images per-se, they record in frames and transitions - they are designed to create the illusion of fluid motion by sacrificing the detail of moving objects.

Thus, you see much more blur in moving objects from a home video camera than you see from a digital camera photo.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

thanks for your post
I know that you say its a bug

Humans are one of the only animals capable of locking onto a moving object and following it without moving their heads. It gives us an exceptional capability to identify moving objects. This ability is exceptional - even amongst primates, and unheard of outside of primates. Bounce a ball in front of a cat. Its eyes don't track the ball as much as its head does. The same goes for a dog. They can look in different directions - but they cannot focus unless their face is pointed directly at the target. It is also why humans have rather small pupils and corneas relative to the size of their eyes, by comparison to other animals - we can utilize the additional range of motion provided by our more agile eyes.

I know this but you still don t explain how it is a bug did you see the speed of the thing?

[cheers]

top topics

join