It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I see Friday night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
*** There is nothing to see in the pic, it is for reference only.***

*** There is nothing to see in the pic, it is for reference only.***

I hope I did the pic right, I tried to upload it to ATS media but it was too big.

First off the pic is exactly where I saw this and was taken within an hour of the sighting. Please excuse my horrible paint details.

Well I need some help Identifying what I saw Friday night, June 5. You may be able to tell by the pic but it was overcast, we've had a lot of rain lately. The reference pic was taken within an hour of the sighting. If I recall correctly the moon wasn't even visible but I'm not 100% on that. Before anyone asks why I didn't have my camera on hand, it wouldn't matter, I timed it later and I wouldn't have had the time to pick it up, turn it on and find the object/activity, then take a pic, it was that fast. Basically I saw a light in the sky (I know) go up and to the left, details below.

It didn't occur to me to look at the time until later so I'm guessing it took place between 11pm and 12am.

I would say the duration of what I saw was around 5 seconds, maybe 7 or 8?

It really looked like a meteor only it was going up then left, I'd say perfect 45 degree angle.

The bigger white spots on my description represent when it would flash, again looked like a meteor. Is it possible for a meteor to appear to be going straight up?

I've seen a decent amount of meteors and I know this lasted longer than any I've seen, by no means am I an expert. I had enough time to see what it was doing, clearly the object traveled up and to the left. That doesn't mean it wasn't a meteor though.

The 45 degree angle is what is really strange to me, I guess it's possible that it was two separate objects but I can't get my head around what a coincidence that would be, up and to the left in approximately 5 seconds.

The view was roughly EES (is that even right) from my location which is about 3 to 5 miles SW of BWI airport.

I checked MUFON, no reports of anything in my area, as usual. Well that's about all I've got, any help on this would be appreciated guys, thanks. BTW are we passing through any type of meter shower I'm just unaware of?

For what it's worth a few hours later a stationary object showed up in roughly the same spot, stayed there for about 10 to 15 seconds. That was most likely a planet or a star poking through the clouds but that's all I have on that though as my sister thought that would be the perfect time to let me know she's had enough of me talking about ufo's. FYI this is the first time I think I actually may have seen something that's unexplainable, well maybe not unexplainable as I think it's possibly just a strange meteor. Anyway I'm starting to ramble, looking forward to opinions.

edits are for grammar and fixing pic

[edit on 7-6-2009 by bigern]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
how does a meteor go up?

it cannot.

if your story is true, you saw a UFO

but that does not mean much, because it could be Anything

It remains unidentified therefore it is a UFO

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
hi you can shrink your photo here

www.shrinkpictures.com...

our world is a strange place, good luck and keep looking up

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My story is true, I've been a member here long enough to know not to waste peoples time with bs. I don't expect anyone to believe me, and I usually pass by the threads with only a story myself, I just thought I should throw this out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wow, that 11.07kb was too much stress for the ATS Media Portal hey?

(Only joking, I realise you had to resize it).

The picture is too small to make out anything. I have a suggestion for you:

Download and install Paint.NET.

Open the original photo using this application, then use the Tools menu to resize the picture so that you can reduce the overall image size.

***MAKE a copy of the original first, in case something goes wrong.***

I'm pretty sure you could reduce the original size easily within your upload limit for ATS Media.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
is Paint.NET a bmp file because i dont think you can upload it to ats i had to convert mine

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this so here's a link to the full sized pic.

s161.photobucket.com...

As I said before the pic is just for reference, thanks for looking.

top topics

join