It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Waves Detected in Atmosphere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Huge Waves Detected in Atmosphere

dsc.discovery.com

June 4, 2009 -- Researchers have detected giant, fast-moving waves of air, caused by thunderstorms and other disturbances, above Poker Flat, Alaska, where a new radar is churning out the first three-dimensional images of upper atmospheric phenomena in the polar region.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A new radar has captured three- dimensional images of huge fast moving waves of air in the upper atmosphere above Poker Flat Alaska. This radar has the ability to take three dimensional pictures of the ionosphere. If I am not mistaken that is where HAARP operates , manipulating the ionosphere for whatever its purpose is.......www.youtube.com... There has been speculation that HAARP is behind the never seen before weather phenomena lately.....www.dailymail.co.uk...
dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

very interesting great photos.
maybe haarp the militarys pandoras box behind this phonomena

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
or, it could be something "like" HAARP that is even worse, for all i know

or it could anything...even nature

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Could be. I don't think anyone really knows what HAARP is capable of. I believe they are just blindly charging up the ionosphere to see what happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

...Or these fast moving waves of air have been there long before HAARP ever existed and they only now have the technology to detect it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
These are the Asperatus clouds. There is a previous topic where it is said they were discovered or something along that line in 1953. Also read that HAARP is a suspect on some cloudbusting sites but HAARP did not exist back then.

I am gonna do some more reading into HAARP as it never got my attention until now. Thank you for this one

[edit on 6/7/2009 by qonone]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Interesting, I wonder if it would be possible to surf these waves in some kind of form. The next extreme sport?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Who exactly is "they"?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
daaayum .that photo is wild...

HAARP-o-matic!

-

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

That would be the University of Alaska.

Although many other schools are involved too.

Good info here:

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Here's a video of large atmospheric waves. I'm not sure if this is the same thing. You might want to turn down the background music unless you have a couple of aspirin handy.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks - I'll have a look at that.
I was actually refering to the "they" who he thinks are trying to blow up the ionosphere & all that sort of stuff. It's always "they"!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Yeah they get blamed for everything it seems.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks - I'll have a look at that.
I was actually refering to the "they" who he thinks are trying to blow up the ionosphere & all that sort of stuff. It's always "they"!

HAARP is owned by the US Govt

therefore "they" would mean the US Govt

read context clues

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am reasonably familiar with the whole HAARP thing. I was really trying to provoke a discussion about the ubiquitous references to "they"....you know, the ones that are always conspiring to get us.
Perhaps I was being a little obtuse this afternoon.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I hate them dam youtube vids with the crap intros and crap music trying to make it look like a 2min documentary or something you could edit and make a better vid with the software on a mobile phone lol. I dont know why everone trys to imitate eachothers vids

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

I didn't say blow up the ionosphere. I said charge up the ionosphere. Because that is what HAARP is. "They" (the scientists) are beaming millions of watts of power into the ionosphere, without knowing what it will do.

[HAARP is] a high power transmitter and antenna array operating in the High Frequency (HF) range. The transmitter is capable of delivering up to 3.6 million Watts to an antenna system consisting of 180 crossed dipole antennas arranged as a rectangular, planar array.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I believe in the Alta 1309 final report, it gave a description something along the lines of: humans would begin to feel almost as "waves" are passing through them or something to that attire. . . So I'm not sure if this is related or whatnot but that's just based on that report.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Gravity Waves
There are a variety of atmospheric waves, but many require radar to detect them. This NASA satellite image however shows more obvious gravity waves peaked with clouds off the coast of Australia.

From the caption below that cool picture.

at the end of the article it explain's that they are going to be building "3-D model's". Not picture's like the one with the article which is of "gravity wave's".

////
With the new capabilities, scientists hope to be able to trace atmospheric waves to their source, such as a thunderstorm or air slamming into a mountain.

"By building up this 3-D view showing the waves, we can see where the sources are," said Craig Heinselman, the principal investigator of the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar, or AMISR. "It's the first time we've been able to look, especially at high latitudes, in multiple directions simultaneously."

Scientists have identified a few types of waves, some of which rip through the region of the atmosphere known as the mesopause, about 60 to 90 kilometers above the planet, and others in the thermosphere, roughly 200 to 300 kilometers in altitude.

The waves can be hundreds of kilometers long and travel at half the speed of sound.

xoxo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join